Ladies....tell me about a Brazilian wax!

Options

Replies

• rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Not brave enough for a brazilian.. but I did the basic bikini and was very happy with the results and only walked funny for 24 hours. The best way to describe it, you can wear the smallest bathing suit bottoms they make, but you aren't completely bare. Look at where your hairline starts and pretty much measure in two finger widths from all angles.
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Not that big a deal. But though the results are lovely, they don't last very long. I eventually had the "full Brazilian" done via laser. I have a few treatments left, and they've been very effective.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Afterwards you can get vajazzled. :laugh:
  • Pomidorka
    Options
    I get one once a month and I love it! It hurts like hell the first few times you get it done but the hair grows thinner and thinner after each wax. I'd say it's totally worth it :)
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Do they wax your arsehole as well?!?
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options

If you go for the full one they will. Lol.
  • Erica_G2012
    Options
    I love the brazilian wax, my mom came to visit one year around her birthday and I took her and paid for her to have one too :) es muy sexah!!!

In the summer I just find it much more pleasant as being a heavy woman I'm prone to heat rash.. icky, but true. The waxing makes me feel more comfortable.

With that said, if you have never had it done before, go to someone who is used to treating newbies... my first time took about 45 minutes because she went carefully as to let me acclimate to the sensation (and by sensation I mean sudden quick but tear blinking pain). Now it takes about 20 minutes because the lady just pats and yanks... oh joy... the quality can also depend on the wax and the way your hair grows. Oh, there is also a product... crap, what's it called... I highly recommend, it keeps the follicles clean and helps keep away any bumps, it stings a little but it's great. If you really want the name of it, let me know via PM and i'll run upstairs and grab the bottle to share the name. I'm too lazy to go get it if no one wants to know...
  • Erica_G2012
    Options
    Depends on the technician, some always do it, some will ask if you want it, some don't do it.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Hurts like a MO FO!!!! but so worth it :)
    [/quote]

Had it done twice. Once by someone who knew what she was doing...that hurt. And once by someone who did NOT know what she was doing...that hurt like a mother #%$*er! I was black and blue for a week!

Expect to be hurting for a bit...but it is worth it.
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Honestly laser hurts more wax is cake it doesnt hurt take an ibprofien 30 min before you'd be fine. Worth it!
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    Hurts like a MOFO! But def worth it and highly recommended =)
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    HURTS like a mofo and it would be worth it if the hair didn't grow back...
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I can not tell you how WONDERFUL it is! Yes, it hurts. A lot. But it's nothing you can't handle (trust me). And it is SO worth it! I can definitely agree with others who say find a good place to go - I go to a spa. It's pricey, but I have to say, it makes me feel so much better, cleaner, and more sensitive during sex. The hubby LOVES it! Shaving does not get even close to what a BW can do, so if you compare the two, shaving sucks. And not everyplace makes you get on hands/elbows and knees. Mine doesn't. I lay down, legs in a diamond shape while she does the front. Then she asks me to flip over while she gets the back. You don't have to do anything you don't want to - but I highly suggest you go all the way on the hair removal.

I was scared to do this for about a year. But when I finally went, I took some tylenol beforehand. It was painful, but I couldn't stop admiring it after she was done. Also, it gets easier the more you go. And the hair grows in softer. And the cream I bought was great - Finipil. A small amount really does the trick. And I didn't feel sore afterward like some people are saying - once the initial waxing was done, I didn't feel any more pain. At all. Best thing I have decided to do in a long time! Try it!
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options

If you go for the full one they will. Lol.

I'd want to be smooth everywhere hahaha
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    bump
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    It's really awkward when you get on your knees and elbows.

If they are good at it, it barely hurts except right in the front middle.

This ^^

It is awkward to get on your knees and elbows but the lady that does mine is super nice and amazingly, I didn't feel incredibly uncomfortable (and I'm very shy). I use something called "no scream cream" and it kinda numbs everything. Even without the cream though, to me, it's not very painful at all (I think I have a high pain tolerance though :laugh: )

Knees & elbows??? I've never had to do that.

If you get the FULL brazilian.. They take care of the hair anywhere and everywhere. :wink:
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

Guys get it done too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkdyfuKYqP0
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Hmmm interesting does it last longer than a shave???
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    Hmmm interesting does it last longer than a shave???

Waxing? Absolutely. Because you're ripping the hair out of the follicle. Shaving just takes the hair off from the top layer of skin. Shaving = 2 days, waxing = 2 weeks or more. Plus when you shave it leaves a blunt end on the hair, which is why it's prickly. When you wax the hair grows back softer so it's not as noticeable.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    ouch.