Wash or funk?

Options

Replies

• pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I'll admit it, I'm a funky gal. I work out in my own house and actually don't sweat very much, no matter what I do. No one can smell me, so who cares? When I went to a public gym, I always wore clean clothes.

I'll re-use my pants (they're like the loose drawstring capri-type things) and tops and hang them up after each time. I probably re-use about 2 times for each outfit, so not just completely foul. I change underwear, use deodorant before and bathe after each and every time, obviously. I usually never wear shoes to workout at home, so no sock issue.
  • Rixx31
    Rixx31 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    After each workout, I throw everything I'm wearing in the washing machine when I get home. I don't even want to think about re-wearing something that's been funkified by a good workout.

I'm not going to get judgmental about people that do re-wear clothes before washing them, each to their own.
    If someone stinks bad enough, I just move away from their funk cloud. It's that simple.
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    lol for those complaining about cost. you can HAND WASH! (: just saying
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    If you can re wear your workout clothes, you aren't doing it right.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Ew. Why is this a question?

^^^This^^^ If you had to ask this question then I don't I want to know the answer to your next question. Do you wash your @ss after a workout? The answer to BOTH questions is YES, otherwise your disgusting!!

What they said. That's just nasty. On sooo many levels.
  • kimharper13
    Options
    Ew. Why is this a question?

Amen!!!! I can't even imagine wearing my workout clothes more than once and that includes my swimming suits. Everything gets washed the day I wear it. No washing it?? YUK!!!!!!!!!
  • mandersatx
    Options
    Wash. Every single time. I wear stretch capris, 2 sports bras (got to keep the girls from moving!), shirt, and socks. I strip in the laundry room as soon as I get home. I have 3 pairs of running shoes between which I rotate, so they can dry out completely before I use them again. They get washed about once a month, too. I hit up sporting goods stores, Kohl's, and Sears during sales cycles, and I stock up. Reusing dirty workout gear leads to yeast infections, folliculitis, and funk. Even when I didn't have a washer and dryer, I had at least 5 sets of pants and I washed my sports bras in the sink anyway (too damn expensive not to!).
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I only have one sports bra. Everything else gets worn once. I just don't have $50 a pop to spend on sports bras right now. And I can't just go to Target and buy a cheapie one cause I have big boobs that need to be strapped down hardcore.
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I always wear fresh clothes to the gym, but if I know I'm just going to go for a run outside the next day and I don't have enough laundry for a full load (or let's face it, if I'm too lazy), I'll febreeze and hang up my capris or shorts. I always wear new socks, shirts, and bras though (being small busted, I can get a bunch of cheap sports bras at Target).
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yeh ... Last time I did that I ruined a swimsuit and turned a white sport bra a splodgy grey
    I accidently boiled them... Got distracted and forgot them

Now I have to buy a new swimsuit and my sportsbra is a funny grey and white colour
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Yeh ... Last time I did that I ruined a swimsuit and turned a white sport bra a splodgy grey
    I accidently boiled them... Got distracted and forgot them

Now I have to buy a new swimsuit and my sportsbra is a funny grey and white colour

you hand wash clothes on the stove? thats whack dude
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    may reuse sports bra and pants, but tshirts are always fresh.

my laundry has definitely gone up since i started working out!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I have several sets of training clothes so after training, they go in the washing machine.
  • trunkfish
    trunkfish Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wash the socks and underwear, but the shorts can last a few times, as can a sleeveless vest on the basis it's not covered in underarm sweat. Don't agree with too much washing full stop - strips the body of essential oils and buggers up the immune system.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    Don't agree with too much washing full stop - strips the body of essential oils and buggers up the immune system.

washing "buggers up the immune system"? really? lamest excuse to stink I've ever heard. Doesn't even make sense, does it?
  • trunkfish
    trunkfish Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    washing "buggers up the immune system"? really? lamest excuse to stink I've ever heard. Doesn't even make sense, does it?

Yep is does make sense. If you keep stripping the body of bacteria, if doesn't fight invading bacteria very well - because it doesn't have a chance to build up resistance by producing antibodies. Doctors have been saying for a long time now that it's because children are over-clean and over sanitised that their immune systems become prone to a host of conditions that 'dirtier' children fight off.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

Yep is does make sense. If you keep stripping the body of bacteria, if doesn't fight invading bacteria very well - because it doesn't have a chance to build up resistance by producing antibodies. Doctors have been saying for a long time now that it's because children are over-clean and over sanitised that their immune systems become prone to a host of conditions that 'dirtier' children fight off.

ok. But I'm still gonna take a shower before I go to work and wash my hands when they get dirty. I live on the edge.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Febreze_Laundry_Odor_Eliminator-resized200.jpg

I only have so many workout clothes and it costs $3 to wash/dry one load of laundry. So if I've got nothing, I'll re-wear something.

This. I don't have very many workout clothes and I don't have time to wash stuff every day. I try to not wear shirts more than once, but hey, I'd rather wear a slightly funky shirt than not work out...
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Maybe try getting at least 2 outfits. Wash one, wear one.
  • leanneakaliz
    leanneakaliz Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I do 2 workouts a day one in the morning and one in the evening so generally I wear my workout clothes for both then I wash them.