Over-Sensitive....? On-line Dating...

Options
13»

Replies

• RunningOnPurple
    RunningOnPurple Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I met my late boyfriend online. He was sweet, kind, and wonderful. Keep looking, there are some good ones out there still.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Clearly the word we're groping around for here, is asshat...!

*hugs*
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    I met my husband online, but generally speaking my experience on the whole was negative. I met 2 great guys, 1 ok guy and about 1,000 that thought immediate objectification was a compliment. I'm not particularly uptight about sex or sensitive about my looks and I still was routinely offended on a daily basis by douche bags.

I'm sorry that happened to you and if it's a pay site like match or eharmony, I know you can report the member for harassment.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Send this back to him:

1346988467513164.png

^ THIS!

His message says more about him than you. Ignore him. He really isn't worth even a passing thought.
  • KrissieLynn371
    KrissieLynn371 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    People are jerks whether they're online or offline...luckily he showed his jerk self right off the bat!
  • I do not know what dating website you are using, but maybe you should switch to one that does not allow random emails to be sent to you. I used to be on okcupid.com but I got frustrated with all the creeps emailing me. I have tried eharmony.com, and with the system they have set up, I did not find myself being bothered by the undesirable men. For some of the more expensive dating sites, I think there ends up being some more respectable people signing up. I recently ended my membership because I tried 3 months and it did not work out, so I might try match.com next but for now, I am taking a break from that.

So, if you do not want to get those kind of emails, then try going to a different dating site. Also, if you gave this guy your email address voluntarily, maybe you should think twice about giving that information out so quickly. Just saying... please don't take this the wrong way.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! :heart:
  • k900
    k900 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I hate people like that. It amazes me how many people will say things like that online but they would never say them in person.

I have heard guys say they don't date bigger women and i have heard guys say they don't date skinny women. Every person has a type that they like but that in no way justifies being a *kitten* to someone who isn't that type. In my personal experience most guys who say **** like that are a bit bigger themselves. It's like you need to take a look in the mirror there buddy.

I also agree with trying a paid service if you aren't already. It seems like there are more mature/people who are serious about finding a relationship on those.
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    It seems to be a universal law that when people think they can get away with it, they are jerks.

Ignore him and keep moving onward.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options

I also agree with trying a paid service if you aren't already. It seems like there are more mature/people who are serious about finding a relationship on those.

I actually paid....ALOT for eharmony and I have had zero luck. I think guys are who they are no matter if they have to pay for it or not lol.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    He probably has a small....... Yeah, that. :)
  • miss_grad
    Options
    I've been called all sorts of things, and I genuinely feel sympathy for the other person.
    More often than not, those people are miserable and hideous on the inside.
    What you put out into the world, good or bad, will ultimately come back to you in one way or another.
  • ellyloo
    Options
    I really sympathize. I"m sorry that happened. POO ON HIM!!!

I disagree about getting swamped with emails.
    All I got swamped with were emails from men from Nigeria in some way.
    OR:
    "Hello beautiful angel...<insert random poem or bible verse here> contact me at <email>"

Maybe i haven't gone to the right sites.
    I IM'd a guy a simple "hey there, i'd like to get to know you, check out my profile" type message and he replied "HAHAHAHAHA!"
    *glare*

Also, you know what? I don't like being messaged BECAUSE I'm big.
    I find that having to go into some sort of BBW appreciator type site is just...embarrassing. I"m not a BBW on the inside.
    (hee, I almost wrote "I"m not a BBQ". I think I am hungry)
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing it's POF?
    LOTS of jerks on there and 99% are just looking for hook ups.
    Don't worry about it, he's a loser who needs to insult people to try and make his member bigger.