A personal question to all males....

Options
trishtrish84
trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
I have read somewhere that when you lose weight, for every 30-35 lbs you lose, you gain an inch of... well I am sure all of you can fill in the blank. Has this been true for most of you?

I don't need to know specifics, I am just curious if this is true or not.

I also feel very embarrassed asking this :blushing:

Replies

• lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    damn makes me wish I was fatter...lol
    i dont know if thats true...but good luck in your research
  • coldinwisconsin
    Options
    I am down almost 30lbs. Yes its true, its not a benefit though. I am constantly knocking stuff off counters and it makes it difficult to drive. Let alone remembering to use the shorter urinal at the bar. Just yesterday I almost closed the door on the Admiral.

Really I don't know I can't say I "measured" just thought it would be fun to respond to the question!
  • peles_fire
    Options
    I am down almost 30lbs. Yes its true, its not a benefit though. I am constantly knocking stuff off counters and it makes it difficult to drive. Let alone remembering to use the shorter urinal at the bar. Just yesterday I almost closed the door on the Admiral.

Really I don't know I can't say I "measured" just thought it would be fun to respond to the question!

Be careful there pal or you are going to end up with an inbox crammed full of friend requests! lol! nevermind the fact you call him the Admiral - women love men (or parts of them) in uniform! :laugh:
  • amazing_shrinking_woman
    Options
    Honest answer? I'm not male but hubby has lost about 20lbs and upon measurement ( I told him it looked bigger, he didn't believe me), he has gained about 1/2 inch.
  • jerbear67
    jerbear67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost 200 lbs and I can say visually yes it has grown because there is less fat hiding it. The actual lengh however did not change. That was was included in my measurements. :happy:
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    It's not, the idea is that in males a lot of fat is stored in the skin just above..... so when they lose weight it makes it LOOK bigger.
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Its true, probably because the fat around the base has receded slightly. Circumference has decreased slightly though. I can nearly fit my hand round him now :ohwell:

On a side note....you look a lot like one of my Castleville friends from when I used to play. Your surname isn't something like Tunnel is it? lol Talk about changing the subject
  • NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50lbs altogether and I can definitely see a major difference, there's not a big enough smiley on here :bigsmile:
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I dunno what you guys are talking about. I've lost about 7".
  • NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Like I was saying to a guy on here yesterday, if this were true, all of us guys would weigh 45 pounds!
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Like I was saying to a guy on here yesterday, if this were true, all of us guys would weigh 45 pounds!

Maybe so but we'd all have pogo sticks.
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    Options
    I didn't gain anything. When the fat around that area decreased, it appeared it was bigger because I could see MORE of it!
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    Options

Maybe so but we'd all have pogo sticks.

LOL
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I was going to include a load of links, but I'm not sure because they would all include grown up words. Basically, losing fat from the area above will expose more length. There is also a condition known as 'Buried (fill in the blank)' which is associated with overweight patients.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Si. Less fat + leaning out = more to play with! >.>
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Its true, probably because the fat around the base has receded slightly. Circumference has decreased slightly though. I can nearly fit my hand round him now :ohwell:

On a side note....you look a lot like one of my Castleville friends from when I used to play. Your surname isn't something like Tunnel is it? lol Talk about changing the subject

Why yes that is my surname... Are you stalking me? LOL Kidding. Thats cool that you recognize me from Castleville :)
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options

Winning response of the year.

:laugh:
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Well this has been an educational thread. :love:
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Yes- as fat decreases around that area, more will be visible and...useable. 42lbs down=no complaints from my wife.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I have lost 40+ all together but such a small percentage increase would be hard to distinguish