Am I the only one without a smartphone?

Options

Replies

• BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Had an iPhone 4s...got an iPad 3....ditched the smartphone to save $$$ and got a Samsung Rugby 2. Love it. Hate texting..call me or come and see me or I will do the the same. ;). And it ain't my age... I am geek'd & tech'd out.
  • martha1514
    Options
    I am in your cmp...I can't afford a smart phone with 3 teenagers to feed and clothe!
  • TiffanysWorld
    Options
    samsung-intensity2-veriz-purple-keyboard-lg_zpsf43a370f.jpg

Im going with stright talk in Dec.
  • ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    When I was with at&t I stayed updated with all of the newer phones I liked. For the past year I switched from at&t to net10. Cut down cost by a lot. I have unlimited everything and only pay $50/month which is great but net10 phones suck balls LOL. But I can deal with it. My phone works fine and it's not completely "old fashioned". So I'm fine with it. All I do is text anyways LOL unless someone calls me.
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hell no: I have a crappy trackphone that stays at home to speak with my partner on when he's out of town, and a landline that I haven't used in a while since the jack broke. *shrug* I'm just not trendy and kewl, and hate to waste money and also HATE to think that a device would be wanting my attention all the time when I'm out living my life--I guess I'm just old and remember having less demands on my time!
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Im not sure where your from but around here there is a company called Metro PCS. I dont use them as I have another carrier but they have fairly cheap unlimited everything plans. Only bad thing is, you have to buy the phone at full price.
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I have a Nokia 1661... it cost me £9.99 and its usually lying in the bottom of my handbag with a dead battery.
    I hate walking through town now, EVERYONE is doing the 'smartphone shuffle'. Like seriously... is what you are texting/updating/tweeting THAT important that it cant wait until you get where you are going? Drives me nuts, especially when they walk straight into my sons wheelchair and dont even grunt an apology.

Im not really that much of a grump.... honest :bigsmile:

Some things just really grip my *kitten*!
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you.
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    i have no cell phone of any kind ......no cable, and i have dail up internet .....yea im a lil behind in times lol
  • navywife5810
    navywife5810 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    no smartphone for me!
    my husband and i both had one, but we switched back to older phone & now we save 70 bucks more a month.

i use the very first LG Rumor phone...it does what it needs to.
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I don't have a smartphone.

I have a very basic Verizon LG. No GPS, no apps, no blue tooth... and I'm just fine. :-)

For me, it's not an issue of money, we can afford for me to have a smartphone... I just see so many people who do use them that are pretty much addicted to them, and I don't really want that. :-P

But, with the cell companies pretty much forcing people to get them, I'll probably end up with one sooner or later. Not sure how I'll avoid the addiction thing, but.... who knows. I'll cross that bridge when I get there :-P
  • gamblerpl1
    gamblerpl1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nope... I"ve got a track phone... pay as you go.... I only use it in an emergency or if I really need to get a hold of someone when I'm not home. I can text on it, but don't. very cheap way to go if you're not glued to the hip to everyone with a cell phone!! Some people have given up their land lines and use their cells phones all the time. If I ever did that, I would have to go with a smart phone, tho.
  • this_is_my_year
    this_is_my_year Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Nah I dont have one either. I had an android for a year but it broke since it was a ****ty chinese budget one. Im using my older \Samsung phone now. Calls/Texts and the use of Facebook through wap since some people I know dont text, they just use facebook.

I dont really use much else on the go. Laptop is used for everything else.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My sister who is a 20 yr old college student has a sort of pay as you go plan with Virgin mobile, she only pays either $25 or $35 a month and has a smart phone... So there's ways to do it on a budget. I on the other hand pay an arm and a leg with Verizon and have the HTC thunderbolt which I love :) I use it for pretty much everything, I don't even have a land line lol and for a while I didn't have a laptop so my smartphone was my life line.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I don't have a smartphone either. Too freaking expensive!!
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Go to Walmart and get one of their smart phones. You pay for the phone, but for $45 dollars you get unlimited everything...talk, text, and data.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I don't have a smartphone. Or a dumb phone. Any kind of cellphone. I'm 26 and everyone thinks it's unheard of to not have a phone but as a kid I grew up with the phone attached to the wall (a ROTARY phone! And a party line we shared with another guy across the way I guess) and I guess I just haven't jumped onto this trend of thinking we're all so important we need to be contactable 24/7. Unless you're a doctor or something I really don't see the need. And I don't think it's healthy. People are stressed out about work and stuff because they can't turn it off. It's constant bombardment. I'm always at home or work. There are phones there. If I'm not there I'm at the gym. I don't want to talk to you then. And if I'm out shopping or something the odd time if you honestly can't wait until I get home well then I'd say you need to take a chill pill. And that's MY rant. I kept it short lol
  • Earmaus
    Options
    I don't have one, I have a Sagem mobile (cellphone) that only gets switched on when I need to call someone in an emergency. I have PAYG and the last time I added to the money on it was 2 years ago. I'm happy with a landline, don't need to broadcast my life to all and sundry.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Straight talk here, $45 a month unlimited...phone is the biggest expense up front but I am by myself, no one else to put on a plan...that would get expensive!!
  • heathermaxine
    Options
    I don't have a Smartphone either. I live in an area where I have to drive 30 minutes just to get cell phone service, so I'd never use it anyway. I just have a simple pay as you go phone that I keep with me for emergencies....or when I'm in town and get separated from my friends in the store and don't feel like looking down every isle. :)