Favourite 'no equipment needed' exercise

Options

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Walking, Hiking, Swimming, and beyond that I go to the YMCA so I have access to the Weight room and whatnot but you could get some hand weights and google in home exercises like squats, pressing movements, etc. etc. There are quite a few people that do the dvd workouts at home... I lost 170 lbs. walking in a therapy pool in the very beginning cause I could not support my own weight so I say just keep moving.... Best of Luck...
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    You don't NEED clothes for walking and running.

in the neighborhood I live in nudists are not welcome and likely to be arrested
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Cartwheels, burpees and handstand push ups.
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Walking's amazing, especially if you have somewhere nice to walk where you live.
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    pilates

walking
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I love running, but for all over body conditioning, my fitness instructor has a new routine of sprints, interspersed with sets of 10 press ups and 20 second planks that is an absolute killer.
  • nixerific
    nixerific Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've don the insanity workouts so many times I can do them without the dvds now! Love me some push-ups and jump squats!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I would just do lots of walking and get your heart rate up there,and dacing i love to dance, my daughter goes to dance lesson every week. anyone feel free to add me.
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    sprints, mountain climbers, squats, knee tucks, burpees, and many different kinds of pushups
  • DexterDarko
    Options
    99% of my workouts are no equipment XD

I just use knowledge that comes to me from my days of school.

Squats, jumping jacks, wallsits, toe touches, pushups, crunches, walking/jogging/running, heel raises, cherry pickers, punches, uppercuts, kicks, stretching..... and so on
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Superman and all isometrics. Push-up, pull-up.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

in the neighborhood I live in nudists are not welcome and likely to be arrested

There's a guy in the UK ("The Naked Rambler") who's been arrested & sentenced to prison repeatedly for refusing to wear clothes.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Gough
    He's walked the length of Britain more than once wearing nothing except boots, socks, rucksack and sometimes a hat.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Running or walking
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Push ups (plyo push ups, military style, wide push ups).

I like push ups too- so many variations. Side by side, decline, diamond pushups. All good stuff.
  • kaajay
    kaajay Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Dancing like a fool around the house.

I personally love swimming (I swam for years), but it does require "equipment" -- a POOL!

Running is great. I started walking long distances recently and I find myself enjoying that (only in the early mornings and at night when it's cooler, and less crowded).
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options

I like open water swimming and barefoot running, yoga and gardening.

Please tell me you have a high privacy fence LOL
  • HRCephei
    HRCephei Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Bulgarian split squats, One Legged Romanian dead lifts, Chinese push-ups, let-me-ins, dips, and running.
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Planks, squats, running, and walking.
  • tellascott
    Options
    Not to be a party pooper but don't you need equipment to swim i.e. a pool??
    Not if you live in an extremely rainy locale.:laugh:
  • LuxHappens
    LuxHappens Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I do Insanity. No equipment required... well, except for the DVDs... and a DVD player... television... electricity... *kitten*.