HELP!..... who wants to lose weight with me? (:

Options
Hey there MFPs ,
My names Bekii and last year after joining this site i lost 32 pounds (approx. 15 kgs) working hard for that body.
I was the healthiest I've ever been until tragedy struck in my family and fighting other addictions, I turned to food for comfort instead.
Unfortunately this resulted in me being diagnosed with a binge eating disorder and I've gained 8 kgs! (I'm glad I have stopped here)

I'm working through the family stuff, but I'm really struggling getting back into the eating and exercising well again without going extremely out of balance ( injury or starvation etc) because my attitude towards how I look now is so negative.
I don't have a lot of support out of this website and I think what kept me going was you wonderful people cheering me on and me being able to motivate you too! But I feel I don't have the support that I used to as people have moved off this website.

It's not always easy, but if you have support it can be easier :)

Feel free to message or add me if you have a similar story or would just like some support
I'M HERE FOR YOU no matter how old you are, how much you weigh or how much you want to lose, I know how much support means :)

I'm determined to reach my goals and I know you can too!

I just need some support which I can reflect back to you! (:

xx
Workingforthatbody

Replies

• cs821
    cs821 Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm here for you, we can do this together. :smile:
  • davidmcgowan1987
    Options
    yeah were all here...

(and just my 2 cents... you look cute)
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I was anorexic in my teens but overcame that. I still struggle with body image issues; but am doing much better with. Part of that comes from helping others with their weight loss journey. I was over weight most of my life (especially as an adult). I finally lost 35 lbs at age 38 and kept it over for a little over 4 years. I gained 12 lbs back last year when we had a lot of changes - we became empty nesters, sold our house, I quit my job, we moved to another state, I got another job, we built a house, I changed jobs again....anyway; I'm almost back to my goal weight, but reaching that goal doesn't mean I'll suddenly disappear from MFP b/c I know I still need to watch what I eat and count calories or I'll be back where I started.....
  • bubblekitten
    Options
    It seems like we may have lots in common. I'll be here for you! We can do this!!!!
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    You must have been reading my mind. I have thought all day, trying to figure out how to approach this issue.

I am a semi-retired, age 63, Nana of two beautiful grandchildren. I joined WW June 2008 and lost 46.8# in one year to make Lifetime July 2009. I held that for almost one year but like you had family tragedy. My brother passed away after a horrible motorcycle accident the same month I made my goal, my second sister almost died in December 2009, my husband passed away January 2010 & my eldest sister passed away May 2010. I took comfort in food and gained back 25#. I started MFP back about a year ago but have only managed to get 8# off & I keep yo-yoing with 2 or 3 # which really aggravates me with me. I get so frustrated because I know I can, I know how but I just haven't gotten the motivation & kept it to do this and I don't have the support system I had before. I even re-joined WW but have wasted 3 months money because I am only 2# down from where I started there. GRRR

I quit (retired) my job May 2011 when it became too stressful & the boss and I were constantly fighting but found out retirement was not for me. I went back to work as an Elder Care in-home Caregiver but that is very stressful too so recently I jumped out and started cashiering at our large grocery store. I love it - meeting people, chatting & laughing and I still have one client I take care of each week.

Together we can do this - it is for us and no one else.
  • THINk_kkaybbyx0
    Options
    i'm here for constant support & encouragement! feel free to add!
  • mammacoty
    mammacoty Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I started MFP just after the first of the year, and was kicking *kitten*... lost almost 20 pounds, felt great.... Then my best friend died from cancer, and a couple months later my husband returned from a long term out of state job, which really threw off my routine. I use food for comfort, and I suspect that I may have an undiagnosed binge problem, that or just horrible self control or willpower. I tend to stop logging altogether when I'm having a food free for all. I need more friends to encourage and support me too. Most of my original friends aren't on here much any more. And I will comment on your posts too, because I know how good it feels to know you've got people there for you.
  • Nancyjcd
    Nancyjcd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I just started with MFP on August 20th. I have convinced my brother and sister to get onto this site also. I also have a problem with binge eating and when stressed out turn to food. I have been dealing with health issues that limit my exercise and am just trying to walk more at work. I find that I get impatient with the slow loss of weight, but realize it took me years to gain the weight and it will take more than a month to lose it. So far I have lost 10 pounds and look forward to losing more.
    I will help support anyone that needs it during this journey. I have finally realized this is a life style change not a diet.
  • ASTRO90
    Options
    Good luck OP. It's good to see that you are making wise decision of changing yourself and your lifestyle, you will be amazed at the new you very soon
    I was in similar position to you not so long ago. I had eating disorder which gave rise to hypertension, high cholesterol and a whole range of other calamities, if this wasn't enough at the age of 16 ! (domestic dispute)

Anyhow, to cut long story short.. I am 21 years old now with an average blood pressure of 93/63 and a heart rate of sub 45...
    I have dropped from roughly 220lbs to 150lbs @ a frame of 5'7.
    Be it strength training or cardio, love it . I suggest everyone to incorporate them in one way or the other.

Key to weight loss: Caloric deficit , just stay away from too much of sugary food. Opt for complex carbs, dietary fat , fish oil, olive oil, flax seed oil... I could go on and on .. but you get the picture.
  • Thank you SO much to all of you who replied to this or sent me a message :) YOU ARE ALL AMAZING !
    I will be cheering you all on :)

xxx