Late Night snacking

Options
2»

Replies

• HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I tend to always do that at night. Is it when you are having a hard time or typically? Water some say help!?
  • mclarkin75
    mclarkin75 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't eat after 7pm. I realized that the "hungry" I was feeling was my body WANTING food not NEEDING food. I know I only have lost 10bls but I lost 100lbs in 2006. Then I was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer and gained 70 lbs of it back.
  • sabjoy
    sabjoy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing these tips! I really think I would be more successful if I didn't do as much late night snacking.
  • Cassandrat83
    Options
    if your eating within your calories for the day then it really doesnt matter when you eat them. I stay up late so i literally count up to midnite. Anything after midnite goes into the next day.

Disclaimer- i know many believe that you shouldnt eat after a set time in the evening. especially carbs. I am just stating above that I do not have a problem eating throughout the evening. so please dont thrash me :p

This. I couldn't have said it better- I don't usually finish work till 9-10pm and I am starving after it. As long as you are logging every single bite and you are under your cals- don't stress. Or perhaps replacing what you are snacking, my fav munchies at the moment are carrot and celery sticks with hommus, and wasabi rice crackers.
  • PaleoRDH
    Options
    <~~~~ Grazer. It's a boredom thing maybe, I don't know. I don't eat anything that's not allowed on my Paleo diet (usually!) but even if i have one handful of nuts (especially cashews or pistachios) I'll have another and another..... and I agree it slows down or stops the weight loss because things like nuts add up WICKED fast. I've just tried to stay away from the snacking after dinner, and that's that, but once in a while I still do it, sigh, even though I'm not hungry. I just had a plastic spoonful of almond butter I wished I wouldn't have because I wasn't hungry. Yikes. :ohwell:
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I don't fight it. I just plan things so that I have plenty of calories left for night. And then I eat :)
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Ugh. i'm such a grazer as well.
    I have to either hide the food/snacks.... or go for a piece of fruit if I just can't fight it off.... so I'll choose an orange or maybe a few Claussen pickles .
  • franmetamorphisis
    Options
    I don't eat after about 8. If i do get "hungry", I wait 11 minutes... If i'm still hungry I slice an apple* in half and eat one half. Drink a glass of water, and save the other half for Breakfast or a snack. I also do this before bed to keep my metabolism running through my Sleepy time, lol.

*I stick to a Green apple, but you can do bananas/ other fruits.
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I don't fight it. I just plan things so that I have plenty of calories left for night. And then I eat :)

i second this notion :)
  • What kind of snacks are you having?
  • DTayl123
    DTayl123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I worried about my late night snacking too until I talked to my nutritionist about it.
    She said it was ok, mainly because I eat dinner at 6 and don't go to sleep until 11 PM, then having breakfast at 7:30 or 8 AM was too long to go without eating.
    I try to find a snack that is 100 calories or less and I plan it in my daily food log. :drinker: