Options
    Spinach chips!

Brush lightly with olive oil.
    Add seasoning.
    Bake 350 for 10 mins. or until crispy.
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Put it in smoothies. You can't taste it at all!! (I swear!) I usually put a couple handfuls in mine. :o)
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    peppermint shake.

4 oz skim milk
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/2 tsp peppermint extract
    1 frozen banana
    2 cups spinach
    sweetener to taste(I use about 2 pkts splenda)
    a few ice cubes.

Tastes like a mint chocolate chip shake.

(I've tried chocolate protein, but it is a brownish green, tastes good, but looks nasty. With Vanilla it looks more like a mint shake.)
  • YellowSaturn
    Options
    Wow, some great ideas in here!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I love spinach salads. Especially with fruit and, before I was lactose intolerant, feta.Goes great with chicken and/or bacon on the salad. Spinach is my green of choice for salads!

I most frequently buy it frozen and eat it in frittatas!
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem when i first started buying the baby spinach, I could never eat all of it before it went bad. Now I, not only use it in salads, but I throw it into my shakes as well. Trust me it doesnt taste as bad as you may think!
  • Punthank
    Options
    Blended salads are yummy. Fill a powerful blender 1/2 with spinach, throw in a few romaine leaves, 4-6 pitted dates for sweetening, water to thin (I sometimes use soy milk), 1 portion of 3-4 kinds of fruit, some good cocoa powder, 1/4-1/2 cup of a nut or seed of your choice. I use walnuts, hemp, or chia usually for the omega 3s. then blend very well. Keep track of what you put in divide the volume and calories by 3 and you have 3 servings . I don't usually let it refrigerate more than 3 days so there's not a big loss of nutrient value. The color isn't much to look at so if you're a visual person...place it in an aluminum sports bottle. I enjoy using raspberries and blueberries with cocoa powder. It tastes great AND the energy boost it amazing! I drank one on the way to work at 6a.m. one day and my lunch break came at 2p.m. that day. I wasn't hungry!! Give it a try...........What do you have to lose!!!(LOL) FYI I use a Vitamix blender. Good luck!
  • buckystars
    buckystars Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MarissaH85
    Options
    If you can't finish your spinach before it goes bad you can always blend the spinach with a little water and freeze in ice cube trays and then put them in a bag and add them to smoothies later on.
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Love spinach, and there's some great ideas i'll try here.

Personally have stir fried with garlic, dried chilli's and spring onion and served with fish.