What have you done with your old clothes?

Options

Replies

• angeltg
    angeltg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I donate everything to good will. Smaller sizes are easier to find on the clearance racks.
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Last year I dropped about 28lb before putting it back on. This year I have give it to the local charity shops. Made a big choice to get rid so I can not slip back. At the moment I am due to have another cull, but wearing everything very baggy at the moment. Looking forward to a big shop at Christmas!

Get it out of the house, you are not going to need them again!
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    That is true, I forgot about that! :D
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Freecycle.org This is an organization dedicated to keeping stuff out of the landfill. You join and then offer old items. If someone wants them they contact you by email. Then they come to you and pick them up. Very easy. I have given away a lot of stuff this way. Also I have picked up a lot of items that someone no longer needed.
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I gave to my mom for her church since they have a thrift shop. It feels good to know that someone else can benefit from some clothes still in very good conition.
  • Squeeee
    Options
    Still wearing mine (though a few things look ridiculous 23 lbs down...:blushing:) Going to start picking through thrift shops for a better fit when I drop a few more pounds. I plan to donate/give away the more gently used items, throw out anything that's too ratty, and keep my favorite jeans (already falling off unless I wear a belt with them) as a reminder.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Goodwill. In years past, I had about 4 different sizes of clothes. Now, I give them away as soon as they get too big as I have no intention of ever wearing them again. I think keeping them in the past was negating my hard work -subconsciously saying I was going to fail. Now I ditch the negativity because I will not fail.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I donated my clothes (as well as kids and husbands) to a local shelter. They are always in need of clothing and other household supplies!

eta...I have also given them to a 'free store'...which is basically a clothing trade.
  • hannahamay
    hannahamay Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I donate them or redesign them to fit me and the style I have now.
  • QueenCrisis
    Options
    I donated three boxes of clothing to a charity yesterday. It always feels good to give to others. n.n
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I gave my clothes to our local Good Will store and some to a really good friend of mine. I might have to stock up on some more clothes because some of mine are getting big on me.
  • makeoverpm
    makeoverpm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Clothes parties are a lot of fun! and any clothes left over can go to charity. Where I'm from Oxfordshire in the UK we call them rummages!
  • makeoverpm
    makeoverpm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Clothes swap parties are a lot of fun! and any clothes left over can go to charity. Where I'm from Oxfordshire in the UK we call them rummages!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    If they are in good condition I gave them all to the Good Will store. Also while I was quickly going down sizes I found a consignment store where I could trade. I'd take really good care of the clothes I bought and turn them in for credit and get the next sizes down. I barely got by with just a few clothes. It is a pain but isn't it what we have always dreamed of happening?

Some I save for work at home projects and put a big belt on. LOL

roberta_big_pants_zpsbb1d82b3.jpg
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    If you have one piece that is just your absolute favorite, or has sentimental value - find a seamstress and have it altered to your new size.

For me, everything has been going off to charity (or the trash bin if it's in poor condition). I'm holding on to one pair of jeans as a reminder of where I never want to be again.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Well if I can I get them fitted correctly at a seamstress, I'll keep them. No use in throwing them away if they can still fit my body properly after I've gotten them fixed. And if they don't fit me, I give them to charity.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I took mine to Goodwill! By the time I am at my goal weight, NONE of the clothes I currently have will fit me! I can't wait :)
  • annette79h
    annette79h Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I hold a clothing exchange party every other month because my friends and I are all trying to lose weight and are all different sizes, its great because you get some new clothes while others get to take yours off your hands! Plus it gives us another excuse to get together and hang out!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Too bad we don't have a bulletin board for exchanging clothes. I have about 10 pair of almost new Levis in size 16. They are the last holdout as I have donated everything else, but I keep thinking I'll find someone who wants them.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I kept one pair of Jeans we I was at my heaviest(252 lbs) it shows me how far I have come. And it's always nice to show off to people how far I've come!

All other clothes I had, I donated. There are people out there that will be greatful for those clothes!