thumbs up or down - counting condensed soup as water intake

Options
I would like to know everyone's opinions.

Replies

• MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thumbs down.

That seems crazy to me.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Its fine - if you can accurately estimate how much water; if you add a cup of water to a can of soup there is no question you had at least a cup of water
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    wouldn't the sodium counteract the benefits of the water?
  • AndiJoy812
    Options
    Down. Way too much sodium to even be considered water.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    DOWN! How is that even a question???
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    downn
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Um.. no? Just drink some water.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Thumbs down.... soup has far too much sodium. I only count water in a glass I drink as water.
  • tonightokayalright
    Options
    Thumbs down. The only water intake you count is plain water or some kinds of tea.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    do u mean ur making soup and want to count the addee water as part of ur water consumption? i personally wouldnt. i only log water as water...if i have tea, i dont log it as water, i log it as tea. thats just getting nit picky and kinda crazy-like! lol
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    thumbs down... I just count actual drinking of water as water intake. I mean, realistically doctors say we glean water from everything we eat and drink, this is why people who never drink plain ol' water aren't dying of dehydration... but, how are you supposed to calculate the water intake from celery or an apple or milk for that matter... don't cheat yourself or try to find the loop holes here... that's not the way this works... be honest with yourself and you will answer your own questions.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    DOWN! Condensed soup is a thumbs down too.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    If anything you should be adding MORE water to your diet after you eat that from all the sodium.
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thumbs down, its soup not water. Its a meal
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Of course soup counts as water.

Think about it.

Your stomach does not have separate compartments for water and solids, everything you swallow gets churned up together before it is released into your intestines.

As far as your digestive system is concerned, there is absolutely no difference whatsoever between eating some roast chicken and vegetables with a big glass of plain water and eating a bowl of chicken and vegetable soup.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I only count water as actual water I've drank x
  • kareinlib
    Options
    I mean, why bother anyway when you can just drink another glass of water and be sure of it?
  • shadoewz
    Options
    I only count drinking plain water as water intake. I don't count the water in my soup, broth, coffee, tea, crystal light, etc. Even solid foods contain water, I don't think that counts either. Take heart though, if you can find a way to make yourself drink your 8 cups a day, within a month or two you'll start to WANT it.
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Thumbs down........ that is way pushing the definition of water intake. :huh:
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thumbs down.

The only time I count water that has had something else added to it is when I drink fruit squash or barley water juice.