thumbs up or down - counting condensed soup as water intake

Options

Replies

• psv1012
    psv1012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    down. I only count water as water. Conensed soup is so heavy in sodium,I am pretty sure it is counter productive in that are.
  • sionnain
    Options
    you count water as water. if you add anything to water besides ice or lemon juice (fresh squeezed) then it's NOT WATER. add it as what it is.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    The level of misunderstanding displayed on this thread is deeply concerning to the point of disbelief.

If anyone wants to know whether they are consuming sufficient fluids, they only have to look at the colour of their urine. Google it for a colour chart and details.

The figure of eight cups a day was never intended as a recommendation for daily intake.

It can easily be dangerously insufficient for someone in a hot and humid climate, but it may be far far too much for someone who lives in a temperate zone.
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    The level of misunderstanding displayed on this thread is deeply concerning to the point of disbelief.

If anyone wants to know whether they are consuming sufficient fluids, they only have to look at the colour of their urine. Google it for a colour chart and details.

The figure of eight cups a day was never intended as a recommendation for daily intake.

It can easily be dangerously insufficient for someone in a hot and humid climate, but it may be far far too much for someone who lives in a temperate zone.

I have just come back from Cyprus and my urine was a terrible colour the whole time I was out there. I could not get enough water in - I was up to 3 litres at one point. I have come back to England ( Manchester in the NW) and my pee is back to a good colour with my normal intake.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    My opinion: water = water :drinker:
  • TourThePast
    Options
    A scientifically proven fact is one that can be demonstrated by an experiment that can be replicated by others.

Here are some really basic scientifically proven facts:

1. Water = H2O

2. H2O is a major constituent in most foods and is present in massive quantities in soup.

What part of that is too complicated for people?

*shakes head in disbelief*
  • mollylaremeter
    mollylaremeter Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    definitely down, while it is liquid, it is often high in calories and sodium, as others have stated. as we know, water does not usually have sodium or calories.
  • mollylaremeter
    mollylaremeter Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    liquid does not equal water. does a milkshake count as water? no.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I would not. We get a lot of water from food...are you going to try and figure out how much water you've ingested from eating some lettuce? No. Let food be food and let water be water.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Absolutely NOT! Count it as mostly sodium.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I just assume since they have a separate category completely for water, then you count only water as water. If they wanted you to count food as water, then the site would estimate the water in foods as an ingredient. It doesn't do that.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Down, personally I only count plain water as water intake... Cucumbers are 90% water but eating a cucumber doesn't mean you drank water... The 8 cups recommendation is besides the food you it, all of which has water in it.
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    Your stomach does not have separate compartments for water and solids, everything you swallow gets churned up together before it is released into your intestines.

As far as your digestive system is concerned, there is absolutely no difference whatsoever between eating some roast chicken and vegetables with a big glass of plain water and eating a bowl of chicken and vegetable soup.

While this is excellent information I don't think that someone should say, "Oh, I am only going to have 3 glasses of water today because I ate all of that condensed soup today." It's just another excuse for someone who "hates water" to get away with not drinking it.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    drinking water is so easy. why do people even need to find excuses not to do it?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I have a very simple system: if my pee is too yellow, I drink more water. Foolproof.
  • TourThePast
    Options
    Your stomach does not have separate compartments for water and solids, everything you swallow gets churned up together before it is released into your intestines.

As far as your digestive system is concerned, there is absolutely no difference whatsoever between eating some roast chicken and vegetables with a big glass of plain water and eating a bowl of chicken and vegetable soup.

While this is excellent information I don't think that someone should say, "Oh, I am only going to have 3 glasses of water today because I ate all of that condensed soup today." It's just another excuse for someone who "hates water" to get away with not drinking it.
    If they don't need it, they're not "getting away" with not drinking it.

Obviously nobody should take my word for it or anyone else's word on here, my recommendation is that anyone who wants to know the truth does some independent research on the issue of "eight cups of water" and makes an informed decision about the issue based on the actual, provable, facts that they discover. :smile:
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    I have a very simple system: if my pee is too yellow, I drink more water. Foolproof.

Now, what if your pee looks like condensed soup? Then what do you do?
  • rcthale
    rcthale Posts: 141
    Options
    Yes, it's water. But, don't give up the fight to limit soda.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Thumbs down.

That seems crazy to me.

Down, down, down.
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Thumbs down to eating canned soup period. Too much sodium.