Healthy breakfast ideas. NEED YOUR FAVORITES.

Options

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    french toast - wholemeal grain bread, organic peanut butter, one egg, organic soy milk and strawberries :)
  • shesabattgirl
    Options
    Ezekiel Sesame Bread
    1/2 avocado
    Sprouts
    sliced tomatoes

sometimes I will add spinach instead of sprouts.

400 calories
  • tammywilsonrealtor
    Options
    OK, here's a few of my favorites that haven't been mentioned:

1. Deviled ham and eggs scrambled together in a pan.

2. 1/2 of a whole grapefruit with a truvia pack sprinkled on it.

3. I also like the yoplait light yogurt with fruit and granola...but I don't eat the granola with wheat in it that comes with it. I replace it with a pumpkin seed and flax granola. Yum!

4. When I have time on the weekends, we cook omelets with whatever meat and veggies we have in the fridge.
  • SoulNeedsBeauty
    SoulNeedsBeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi! welcome welcome)) My favorite breakfast is a cup of plain yogurt ( the Trader joe's whole milk european style yogurt is bomb diggity!) mixed with
    1. banana
    2. chopped apple and a few raisins
    3. overnight oatmeal or buckwheat
    4. or any other fruit i have on hand.

Its such a simple breakfast, but I look forward to it every morning!
  • MelieG33
    Options
    I like to make protien smoothies. Strawberry greek yougurt, one banana some ice and half a scoop of protien powder. It's a great way to start off the morning. If im really hungry, I'll also havea protien/breakfast bar.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure these qualify as "healthy" but I've been on a Belvita breakfast biscuit kick lately because they require no cooking and I can grab a pack on my way out the door. They taste like cookies and are only 230 calories for a pack of 4.
  • missjennifer1966
    missjennifer1966 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My personal fave is 3 tbsp of egg product (egg beaters), 2 tbsp salsa, 1 low-carb tortilla all for 3 points. Add cheese for 1 more point. Sorry, not sure about the other nutritional info. Just the points plus value:)
  • Rebekah718
    Rebekah718 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have a bowl of oatmeal but on the weekends when I have more time I do scrambled eggs with turkey bacon or French toast.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Eggs and bacon.

Sometimes I mix it up and have bacon and eggs.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    My two standards are -

Two or three whole eggs fried in a little coconut oil
    Double fiber wheat toast with butter
    Black coffee
    Fruit (sometimes)

or

Oatmeal (2 minutes in the microwave, stir, 2 more minutes, done)
    Plain Greek yogurt
    Fruit (peaches, pears, banana, blueberries, or whatever I've got)
    Honey
    Cinnamon
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite posts to answer! Hands down BACON AND EGGS!

All protein and great fats...no carbs to make me sleepy or weigh me down!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I like to make omelettes .... 1 whole egg with 2-3 egg whites... little cheese, tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, onions... whatever.. Pico on top... It's yum and low cal.
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Non fat Chobani yogurt w/ some berries & a scoop of flax seed
  • sonyawhitehead
    sonyawhitehead Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's good to start your day with some complex carbs and definitely some protein. I like to beat one egg and one egg white and 1 tsp olive oil to make an omlette. Add 1/4 c 2% shredded cheese and a slice of tomato with a slice of high fiber toast. You'll be good to go! !/4 c. oatmeal with half of your favorite Greek yogurt is good with one egg also. I will also have half a cup of cottage cheese on a slice of high fiber toast. Mix it up and try new things!:flowerforyou:
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    You will think this is soo gross, but a trainer gave me this recipe and I eat it EVERY morning
    1/2C cottage cheese
    1/2C oats not cooked
    1tbsp. cocoa powder
    1tbsp. peanut butter
    Cinnamon and Stevia to taste
    If its too thick add a touch of water until the consistancy you prefer..i SWEAR it tastes like a no bake cookie!!! Sometimes i put a squirt of maple syrup on it too!!
  • busymomma97
    busymomma97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You will think this is soo gross, but a trainer gave me this recipe and I eat it EVERY morning
    1/2C cottage cheese
    1/2C oats not cooked
    1tbsp. cocoa powder
    1tbsp. peanut butter
    Cinnamon and Stevia to taste
    If its too thick add a touch of water until the consistancy you prefer..i SWEAR it tastes like a no bake cookie!!! Sometimes i put a squirt of maple syrup on it too!!

Yum, thanks for posting..definitely will try this one!!
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I try to stick with protein shakes or a fiber bar. I don't have a lot of time in the morning so it's whatever I can grab. Fruit is also good. I'm really into oranges now. They're just really hard to eat. I'm still getting used to that part.
    Roll your orange on the counter using a good amount of pressure under the palm of your hand. Grab a spoon and start peeling. Peel should come of pretty easy.
  • busymomma97
    busymomma97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    breakfast burrito on lavish bread with egg whites, turkey sausage, or bacon, and a smidge of cream cheese..fast and can wrap it up in foil and go
  • teigen42
    teigen42 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My fave is 1/2 cup plain lowfat yogurt mixed with 1 cup frozen mixed berries that I've thawed in the microwave. I stir it together, then top with 1/2 cup granola. It's filling, nutritious, and only about 250 calories. Love it for snacks too!
  • HeatherLaShae4
    HeatherLaShae4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    breakfast in a mug!!! 1/2 cup eggbeaters original, tbsp of shredded cheese, tbsp of real bacon bits, stir all in a coffee mug, and microwave for one minute!!!!!! DEEEE licious..