will you continue to use mfp in maintainence?

Options

Replies

• Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    YES! Maintenance is the most important part! MFP works and it is a great, free tool that is available to you. Don't drop it now!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Logging food? ... No, I don't think it's natural to log everything consumed.

I have a dietary framework now and I'm going to apply that, listen to my body and just eat real food.

I might stop logging today in fact, I've been meaning to for a while ...

Whatever works for you though, if logging helps then enjoy, MFP makes it as easy as it can be, it's a great tool.

I'll stick around the forums until nobody believes 'a calorie is a calorie' though ... ;)
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    yes, I plan to continue tracking my food when I get to maintenance. Otherwise I think it would be too easy for me to slide down that slippery slope again.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My goal is to develop enough healthy habits and rules of thumb that logging is no longer needed.

Logging is a nice tool, but not something that I would like to do indefinitely.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    HECK YES! I've been in maintenance since February and I haven't logged every day, but it sure does help as a reminder of correct portions. You know how it is when you finally get to your goal.....tempted to overeat because you can....

So, I vote yes for sticking with MFP!
  • Maria_81
    Options
    If I ever get to that point, yes I will
  • KristinCox70
    KristinCox70 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Absolutely !!! It doesn't take long to put it back on, and I DON'T want to wind up in that position..
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I will probably always use MFP. I used it to lose 65 pounds the first year, maintained it within 10 pounds for another year and am now using it throughout pregnancy to keep my weight gain healthy and to get all my nutrients. After the baby, I will use it to lose the weight again. Definitely a lifetime commitment for me!
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I've been eating at maintenance since June but have lost around 5 pounds since then so still working on figuring out exactly where I need to be calorie wise. My current goal is to get to the 365 day mark here. Thinking about posting my results on the forum at that time? I love MFP and don't plan on stopping using it!
  • stuckinsecond
    Options
    The body is constantly evolving, wether it be age or inflated periods of sitting on my bum... I like to keep track of it, so yes :)
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm using MFP for maintenance now. I tried to "test-drive" not logging a few meals, and I really struggled. Logging my food on MFP is just a great motivator for me :)
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i plan to use it for the rest of my life, or for as long as the site is active. i have already outlasted two smaller food diary sites. i'm hoping that MFP is more permanent. either way, i'm going to keep a food diary indefinitely. i made myself that promise when i hit my goal, and i intend to keep it.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    For me, all I did was set my goal to 'maintain' instead of lose. But, my goal was to lose around a pound a week when I was working to lose, so it wasn't a huge adjustment for me. In fact, what I find now is that I have a hard time eating up to my maintenance goal. I routinely finish the day under my allotted calories, but I still feel satisfied - so maybe what they say about this being a lifestyle change is true.

Just stick with your exercise regimen if you have one and continue to pay attention to what you take in - you'll do fine.
  • andreamkelly
    Options
    I plan on sticking with MFP for the rest of my life.. or close to it. I'm still a ways from my goal, but I've lost and gained back so much over the years, I want to stop the cycle. When I log, I'm more conscious of what I'm eating from the get go. No more.. "One little bite won't hurt me...."
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    yes absolutely, I will use mfp in maintenance. I lost 68 lbs in 2007 and gained it back plus another 15-20 lbs extra. The truth is, good habits don't come naturally to me. It becomes far too easy to slip back into the old ways that got me here in the first place. This time I'm never going back!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I absolutely do. I've learned more about my eating habits from MFP than anything else I've used. And it's more than calories - monitoring my macros, vitamins and minerals. And being able to research options when eating out or menu planning is very handy. I think a food/exercise log offers much more value than just helping you lose weight, and once people learn to use it that way, they'll find themselves sticking around MFP even after they reach goal.

Besides, the community here is so wonderful that I hope to be part of it for a long time.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I plan on sticking with MFP for the rest of my life.. or close to it. I'm still a ways from my goal, but I've lost and gained back so much over the years, I want to stop the cycle. When I log, I'm more conscious of what I'm eating from the get go. No more.. "One little bite won't hurt me...."

This is exactly where I'm coming from. My game plan is if/when I lose to get to maintain the weight, I will continue to log as it is way too easy to overeat and to really forget what you've eaten during the day. For me, I feel its the ONLY way to keep the weight from coming back.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

This is exactly where I'm coming from. My game plan is if/when I lose to get to maintain the weight, I will continue to log as it is way too easy to overeat and to really forget what you've eaten during the day. For me, I feel its the ONLY way to keep the weight from coming back.

I agree with what you said, but please correct your mindset. You WILL lose and get to a maintenance point, no "ifs." :happy:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I have no plans to stop logging...