polar 4 vs polar 7

Options

Replies

• knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    bump for more opinions. gonna be in the market for one soon...
  • CLCinNOLA
    CLCinNOLA Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and love it. I probably should have bought the FT 4, because they are both great and the differences (that others have listed above, such as number of workouts stored) do not matter to me much. On the day I bought it, there was only about $5 difference on Amazon so it probably did not really matter much which one I bought.
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Another question for those with a HRM as I'm going to order one in the next few days;
    Where does the chest strap sit, is it below or on the boob? I need to know so that I can order the correct size.
  • bombecka19
    Options
    Another question for those with a HRM as I'm going to order one in the next few days;
    Where does the chest strap sit, is it below or on the boob? I need to know so that I can order the correct size.

Below the boobs! If you get a Polar you can also buy sports bra's that have the chest strap built in
  • janemem
    Options

Below the boobs! If you get a Polar you can also buy sports bra's that have the chest strap built in
  • janemem
    Options

Ok, thanks for that. Are the chest straps for the FT4 elasticated? I'm a bit concerned that it may fall down when I'm exercising, lol!
  • janemem
    Options

Ok, thanks for that. Are the chest straps for the FT4 elasticated? I'm a bit concerned that it may fall down when I'm exercising, lol!

Anyone?
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    This may be a stupid question... but here it goes:
    Do any of these watches actually work as a watch?
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options

Anyone?

Yes it's stretchy and adjustable. It will slide down if it's not tight enough, so make sure it's tight and a little uncomfortable when you first put it on. After a few minutes you don't really feel it anymore (it stretches, etc), and I usually forget to take it off after my workout!
  • janemem
    Options

Anyone?

Yes it's stretchy and adjustable. It will slide down if it's not tight enough, so make sure it's tight and a little uncomfortable when you first put it on. After a few minutes you don't really feel it anymore (it stretches, etc), and I usually forget to take it off after my workout!

Thanks so much, I'll be ordering a small a.s.a.p. :D
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Here is the comparison page from the Polar website. Click on the features listed on the lower left hand side of the screen to open the lists and see how each product differs. The biggest difference between the two seems to be that the FT7 allows you to more closely monitor the data for training but if it's a matter of money, you can pretty much do that yourself by keeping track on a spreadsheet.

http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/compare?product1=23350
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options

I have the Polar 4 and was not aware of this! Do you know where I can get one of these bras?
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    bump for later
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    This may be a stupid question... but here it goes:
    Do any of these watches actually work as a watch?

Yes! I used to wear my F4 as my everyday watch to help me stay in that healthy frame of mind. The strap no longer matches the watch face even though I've cleaned it, so I got another everyday watch. I don't really need the reminder anymore, anyway. :smile:

I never found any fault in my F4 (I guess the FT4 replaced it?) until I went for a run Saturday night and realized I couldn't see! Once my ipod died on me I had no way of timing myself. I don't know if the FT4 has a backlight. I think they're coded now, though, so they don't mess up the person next to you if they're using a hrm at the gym, or the machines themselves.
  • janemem
    Options
    I just found this on Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Cardio-Sports-Bra/dp/B001RIIITE

It's the Polar Sports Bra that you can put your chest monitor through to keep it in place.
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polar FT7 because I lost my Ft4 on Saturday. So far, the only difference I can see is that the FT7 tells you if you're in a fitness heart rate zone or fat burning zone.
  • Wade406
    Wade406 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Get the FT40 minimum. You can upload your results to polarpersonaltrainer.com and also do a fitness test to monitor your fitness progress.
  • bombecka19
    Options
    Amazon.com as janemem said, I live in Hong Kong so I've been trying to find somewhere over here that stocks them! No joy yet :grumble:
  • I got the FT7. I bought mine direct from the polar website in Australia - www.thepolarshop.com.au - and had it delivered to work within two days.
    I could have got the FT4 but I figured if I wanted to do this right then I may as well get the one that could do a bit more - just in case I needed/wanted it later.
    You don't notice the chest strap at all and it says that you can put it in the machine to wash it - altough I haven't done that yet.
    I wear it as an every day watch.
    I may hae paid a bit more than getting it from ebay or somewhere else but I prefer to know who I am dealing with and where to go if something goes wrong - but that's just me - I'm a worry wort!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    d i c k inson.com.au-- cheapest, best service, authorized dealer.