green tea!

Options
everyone i ask about their weightloss and what helped .. they all agree on drinking green tea! does this really helps? and for the ones that it did help! how many shall i drink pair day? i just started today drinking it (without sugar) i had one b4 breakfast? any ideas about green tea?

Replies

• AmberLee1122
    AmberLee1122 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Green tea seems to have helped me a lot! I usually drink 8 or 16 oz. a day.
  • SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options

i really don't understand oz's hun :D how many cups a day?
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    bumppppppppp
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Here's an interesting study.....

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1800602

and another articles......

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/green-tea-000255.htm

(16oz would be about 2 cups , 8oz is approx 250ml)
  • lamarnnem
    Options
    bumppppppppp

8oz in a cup in the US. So every glass you drink of tea is 8oz or so depending on the cup size. But general rule of thumb.
  • Roxie861
    Roxie861 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking 2 a day (without sugar) for nearly a week and it is definitely making a difference to my metabolism, and it cleanses the system too.
  • cuarrech
    cuarrech Posts: 118 Member
    Options

i really don't understand oz's hun :D how many cups a day?

https://www.google.com/search?q=8+ounces+to+cups&rlz=1C1CHKZ_enUS440US440 - Google has a feature where you can type X(measurement) to (measurement) and it will convert it for you. But if you're using "cups" to mean whatever "drinking cup" you have, that could be anything from 6 ounces to 14 ounces, quite a wide range. I'd suggest putting water in measuring cups and seeing how much your drinking cups actually hold.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, Green Tea has magical properties. You can eat anything you want, whenever you want; as long as you're drinking Green Tea you will lose weight.
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    Here's an interesting study.....

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1800602

and another articles......

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/green-tea-000255.htm

(16oz would be about 2 cups , 8oz is approx 250ml)

wohoo thanks for the links :flowerforyou:
  • lisamarie327
    lisamarie327 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I''m not really sure how helpful it is. I have heard that it makes your metabolism faster, but I don't know. I drink green tea a couple days a week though because it tastes good and I get tired of drinking nothing but water all the time.
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    bumppppppppp

8oz in a cup in the US. So every glass you drink of tea is 8oz or so depending on the cup size. But general rule of thumb.

thank YOU :flowerforyou:
  • whayamean
    whayamean Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Green tea is good stuff! There are people who will even bathe in it.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I just started drinking green tea... not for dieting purposes actually. My mom wanted me to try it and i liked it. It has several health benefits, so why not!

For ME I've found when I drink green tea i feel less hungry and it helps with digestion.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You could take green tea extract as well. I am not sure if green tea really helps with metabolism but it can't hurt...
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    at one point I was drinking at least 3 cups a day. A cup before or after every meal and maybe one or two others throughout the day. When I do that, I do notice a bit more weight loss and I've also noticed my waist seems to shrink a bit more. I agree with someone above that it helps digestion as well as bumps up your metabolism.
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    I've been drinking 2 a day (without sugar) for nearly a week and it is definitely making a difference to my metabolism, and it cleanses the system too.

wooow! so you are burning more calories now?
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I haven't been sick for a while and I work at a school! Lol. Anyways, I drink one big cup in the morning (replacement of coffee) and I drink about two-three cups during the day.
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    Oh yeah, Green Tea has magical properties. You can eat anything you want, whenever you want; as long as you're drinking Green Tea you will lose weight.

wohoooooooo love it!!!!!:heart:
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    :heart:
    at one point I was drinking at least 3 cups a day. A cup before or after every meal and maybe one or two others throughout the day. When I do that, I do lose more weight than usual.

woot woooooooot loving it! will start it right away!
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    Good for you! I haven't been sick for a while and I work at a school! Lol. Anyways, I drink one big cup in the morning (replacement of coffee) and I drink about two-three cups during the day.
    hahah you are a teacher too!!!!! so it helps with all the sickness we catch from children as well! am loving it even more! :heart: