meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    :love:
    Gree tea smoothie:

1 cup brewed green tea
    1 cup fruit
    1/2 cup kale

Blend well add water if needed :)

love it! will give it a try ! thanks hun!

Np ;) can add some vanilla protien powder to it as well :)
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Green tea seems to have helped me a lot! I usually drink 8 or 16 oz. a day.

IS that fl.oz. or oz.?

[that would be half a US pint or a US pint or a heckuvalot]
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    so is diet lipton green tea berry still considered as effective as regular green tea?:noway:

diet green tea is good for you but at the same time it has sugar and fructose in it that isn't good for you if you drink so much of it. It's better off to go brewed.
  • SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    now the question is! anyone tried lipton green tea? is it better than others? or what is the best that helped u?
  • MVY_
    Options
    Also, just thought I'll throw this out there, Green tea is known to reduce iron and if you have low iron it might not be so good to drink so much but I am not sure on this. It's only a study I read.
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Teas are good in general for various reasons

Green Tea is good and I found it worked for me but it sure makes you pee alot...too much...and I wonder if that is good for the kidneys? maybe its just me

Oolong Tea is supposed to be good for weight loss as well

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/new-studies-prove-tea-provides-profound-health-benefits-2012-09-19
  • MVY_
    Options
    now the question is! anyone tried lipton green tea? is it better than others? or what is the best that helped u?

it is better off brewed and a lot cheaper.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, Green Tea has magical properties. You can eat anything you want, whenever you want; as long as you're drinking Green Tea you will lose weight.

*snort*...... ya...it's soooooooooo magical LOL
  • AmberLee1122
    AmberLee1122 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    2 to 4 cups a day!
  • SarahSosi
    Options

it is better off brewed and a lot cheaper.

awesome! thanks for the reply hun! :flowerforyou:
  • djyogie
    Options
    I drink 2 cups a day of green tea and one cup of pure white tea after every meal. It blocks fat cells from forming.
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    Oh yeah, Green Tea has magical properties. You can eat anything you want, whenever you want; as long as you're drinking Green Tea you will lose weight.

*snort*...... ya...it's soooooooooo magical LOL
    LOOOL
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    I drink 2 cups a day of green tea and one cup of pure white tea after every meal. It blocks fat cells from forming.
    amazing info thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Seems legit.

Is this true for *all* lightly caffeinated water or does it have to be green tea?
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    :love:
    2 to 4 cups a day!

thanks for the reply lovely
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Well, your first post on the MFP forums is certainly...uh, interesting.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Question based on this thread: What are the caffeine levels for green tea as I get really shaky and have trouble sleeping with even trace amounts of caffeine? Anyone know?

Green Tea contains a little less than a can of cola viz. 3.1 mg/ fl oz - an American cup measure (8 fl.oz) would be about 25mg. A half US pint of coffee would be just over 100mg. - a half-UK-(Imperial) pint would be about 30mg.*
    For comparison, a half-US-pint cup of coffee would be just over 100mg
    Far, far worse would be the affect of staining your teeth as the tannin would not be precipitated by milk.

* AN Imperial pint measure is 20 fl.oz. cf. a US pint is, I believe, 16 fl.oz.
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I love tea, and there are so many delicious green teas out there!
  • dellrio
    dellrio Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Question based on this thread: What are the caffeine levels for green tea as I get really shaky and have trouble sleeping with even trace amounts of caffeine? Anyone know?

A cup of green tea can contain anywhere from 15mg of caffeine to 75 mg of caffeine depending on the brand and brew of the tea.

However you can reduce more than 90% of the caffeine content of ANY tea brew by steeping the tea leaves for about 30-45 seconds, discarding that hot liquid, then using the pre-steeped tea leaves or tea bag to brew your tea. Most of the caffeine content of the tea is absorbed into the water in the first 15-20 seconds.
  • Kioko1973
    Kioko1973 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm just learning to drink green tea and add Matcha (green tea powder) to smoothies. I recommend adding peppermint tea to green tea for a flavour change. Peppermint tea also helps with digestion and upset stomach.

I use Matcha in my smoothies as well. I drink unsweetened green tea (iced or hot) frequently throughout the day and it has aided in increasing my metabolism and digestion.