how do u have ur whey protien??? i literally gag! help!

Options
2»

Replies

• MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Whey protien makes me gag literally...how to avoid the chocolate flavor is fine I think its the whey & texture ...any suggestions? thanks in advance =)

I kept trying them until I found one that didnt taste bad.

honestly, the chocolate ones are usually the worst... try something like banana creme or cookies and cream.
    as for the texture... if it has any texture, you dont have it completely mixed in.
  • Embell0830
    Options
    It could be the brand you're using. Have you tried others? I like Designer Whey (FYI the unflavored is awful and no amount of fruit in the world can over that up.).

I usually blend mine (chocolate flavor) with ice, coconut milk, a shot of espresso, and frozen strawberries or banana. I know the coffee sounds gross with fruit, but I don't even taste the coffee because of the fruit. Without the fruit, it's like drinking a Starbucks frappacino.
  • risajanes
    risajanes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It could be the brand you're using. Have you tried others? I like Designer Whey (FYI the unflavored is awful and no amount of fruit in the world can over that up.).

I usually blend mine (chocolate flavor) with ice, coconut milk, a shot of espresso, and frozen strawberries or banana. I know the coffee sounds gross with fruit, but I don't even taste the coffee because of the fruit. Without the fruit, it's like drinking a Starbucks frappacino.

The coffee and the fruit actually sound like they would be so good together!
  • rahmyers
    rahmyers Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I use the now brand whey. I think its vanilla. It tastes good with just warm water. Sometimes I add 2 tbsp ofchocolate pb2 and a dash of salt. yumm
  • christinerush
    Options
    Hi, I have vanilla protein powder on my oats of a morning with water instead of milk and find its lovely and creamy and very filling! I also put it in yoghurt and also in a blender with fruit and skim milk! I think it tastes like cardboard when mixed with water!
  • Momo_808
    Momo_808 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I couldn't handle the the taste and texture of of most whey powders UNTIL I found a brand called 4Ever Fit! They have the basic flavors, chocolate, strawberry ect which I still couldn't tolerate ..but they also have a line that tastes and has the consistency of juice. My favorite is the Tropical Mango it's light not chalky or gritty and it really taste like juice. They have a few other "juice type" flavors as well, you might want to check it out. I know they carry it on line and @ Vitamin World.
    Good Luck!
  • DLMinus10
    Options
    Assume you found a solution but had same issue.... I only ingest that stuff when it's mixed with a shake or smoothie. Usana has some decent tasting powders that work well and add some whey!