Anyone doing the C25K?

Options
Anyone out there doing the C25K? I've just finished week 2 day 1 and seem to already be feeling a change in my fitness. My endurance level has seem to increased. And i know it sounds silly even though I'm only in my first week but I can't wait to get to the finish line. It feels good :)
I can't wait to be able to run a 5k fun run.
It'd be awesome to have some fellow friends partaking in this too! Add me if you wish :)

Replies

• AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I started today! Sent you a request.

I'm also in a FB group full of people doing C25k if you want to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/367857656623741/
  • K1tt
    K1tt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday, it really enjoyed the run and I'm looking forward to going again. How often are you running?
  • lostinthe619
    Options
    Halfway done, feel free to add me.
  • saraht135
    saraht135 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im on week 1, run 3. I will add you too :)
  • ajd241
    Options
    I'm running 3 times a week and doing a few power walks on the other days. It takes a bit of time to get used to the intensity, but I am liking the way it is making me feel health wise. Gets the heart pumping indeed!
  • ajd241
    Options
    Just sent a request to join the group!
  • shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Got all the way to week n life happened and hiatus ensued. About to get back and start again probably with week 1 and build back up. I too noticed a change a lot sooner than I anticipated, but that just means we are getting healthier and stronger :)

It's a great tool, good to see so many are using it and enjoying it
  • Beethoven1827
    Beethoven1827 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I started this a couple of weeks ago. Week 3 begins tomorrow, and I'm dreading it! Looks like it's going to be a big step up - but then, three weeks ago the 60 second runs were hard. Last week, the 90 second runs were manageable. I'm amazed by how quickly I can see my fitness improving, and am equally excited and terrified at the idea of being able to run 5K!
  • thenewmrsgant
    thenewmrsgant Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I start Week 3 Day 1 tomorrow. I am enjoying it so far. I hope to run a 5k by the time I am done. I have never, ever been a runner...but it's good to run. Make me feel good about myself. Anyone else doing the C25K feel free to add me!
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I am restarting soon. I was in a bad car accident and I am still in physical therapy, but I see the neurologist tomorrow, so I am going to double-check :-D
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 3, day 1!! Feel free to add me :)
  • jjmcahill
    jjmcahill Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just did day 1 of week 4 yesterday. I love what running is doing for my body!
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request, I'm right at where you are -- Week 2, Day 1 finished yesterday. I track my progress via my phone, and every day I've done it, I've had some improvement in both time & distance. I've never been much of a runner, but I'm certainly trying!!!
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I've just completed Week 5 Day 1 this morning, I never would have believed I could run for 5 mins straight let alone 3 times over but I did it! Its incredible how quickly your endurance and stamina improves week on week.

Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • StandardFiend
    StandardFiend Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started a little more than a week ago and man it's hard! I've never had very good endurance when it comes to running, but even after just the first week I noticed a huge improvement! I have to complete the first week again though because I still have a hard time keeping up with running for the full time.

I like to use the C25K apps as tools, but I haven't found one that I really like. So far (android) I've tried the ones by Run Double and Guy Hoffman, but I don't really like either of those (although Run Double is the better one, I feel). Anyone know of a really good one?

Between C25k days I'll do a mission on Zombies, Run! I walk it with little bursts of running when the zombies start chasing me so it's not as intense and wearing me out. :) I love little exercise games like these.
  • lilteddy78
    lilteddy78 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I started the c25k about 8 weeks ago. I'm only on week 5 now because I hurt my hip and and had to recover. I am trying to get back up to the point that I was at. I was running a 11min mile but now it's closer to 14min. When I first started I wasn't able to run 1 min at a time! Now I'm up to about 5-10min depending on the day. It does work but if you feel like you aren't able to do the next day go ahead and do the same day over until you feel good about it. There is nothing saying you have to follow it exactly. :)
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I am doing Day 3 week 4 today! I am terrified of week 5! Add me!
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I just posted this elsewhere but thought I'd add my 2 cents here too...:)

----

I LOVE that program!! I can't say enough about it! I could barely keep up with the minute intervals in the beginning and couldn't wait for the lady to come on and tell me to slow down, but now I'm running the 28 mins straight no problem! I'm on week 8.

Just a couple of words of advice / encouragement....don't be afraid to redo a week if you feel you're not ready to move on. You don't have to complete it in the 9 weeks. Also, you may encounter a 'bad' run here or there, and feel like you've had a setback.

Don't despair!! I had that happen 2 runs in a row, thought that was as good as I would ever get, and took a couple days off for a break (I was running almost everyday since I started to love it so much!) After a couple days' break, I went out and had an AWESOME run! Went longer and easier than ever before. It was exhilerating!!

I used to see people out running and feel so envious, wishing I could do that too. Well, thanks to the C25K program, I too am now a 'runner'!!

Good luck!
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Forget C25K - Go for a Zombie's, Run!
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it. My last blog was about C25k :) am week 2 day 1

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/seamatt