Did anyoe else just see the worst call in NFL history??

Options

Replies

• taytaylynn3
    Options
    Wow, talk about GB getting ROBBED. And I'm not even a Packers fan
    rightt!!!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    OMG, are you people going to actually argue the call here? lol ALL of the sports experts are saying it was not a simultaneous catch. Unreal

I know right? Interception all the way...it was a no brainer...ONE HAND doesn't mean possession....and even AFTER he hit the ground he didn't get TWO hands on it until quite AFTER they hit the ground!!
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    From Yahoo news:

And based on the NFL rule, it shouldn't have been a catch . And the fact it was a replay and still wrong, makes it worse (Let's not even mention it was blatant offensive pass interference). The rule clearly states the play was an interception:

Simultaneous Catch. If a pass is caught simultaneous by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains control.

I guess I'm just glad I'm at work, and couldn't watch the game. I'm afraid I might not have a tv after hearing this......

(Pack fan since age 3..... )
  • mindirella
    Options
    Payback for the ****ty calls that the Seahawks got in that superbowl a few years back.

My feeling exactly!
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    All of you Packers fans can gripe about the final call all you want, and even though I am a Hawks fan I can agree that the officials totally botched the situation, but you can't overlook that most of the second half the Packers benefited from the poor one sided officiating. Had the last play been called differently, Hawks fans would have been just as justified in their outrage at the loss because the second touchdown the Packers got was on a drive kept alive by not only obvious bad calls against the Seahawks, but also non-calls for holding and hands to the face against the Packers.

Understandably teams are able to make adjustments at halftime, but an offense that was getting owned the entire first half the way the Packers were don't miraculously become perfect over a 15 minute break. Regardless of who got the W, the officials played WAY to large a part in the outcome.
  • dub101
    dub101 Posts: 325
    Options
    That was a bad call probably the worst call but lets all agree these guys need to go so we can get back to some of the Football we all love.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    That was a bad call probably the worst call but lets all agree these guys need to go so we can get back to some of the Football we all love.

I don't think there is any question of that. Horrible horrible horrible. Apparently these aren't even collegiate level officials, they are taken from High School and "some" bottom ranked Div IV colleges
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options
    I guess we'll see a new rule next year....."if you catch the person intercepting the pass in the end zone, it will be ruled a touchdown."
    Also, without the shove to the back by Tate - he would've NEVER had a hand on that ball...very obvious.
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You are incorrect. They discussed this several times last night. If it is a simultaneous catch it goes to the passing team. This was not the case here. He never did have posession of the ball. Jennings had it to his chest and the Tate had one arm on it. That is not a catch.
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    How about the horrible pass interference call against the packers when it should have clearly been offensive interference!!! Hand around his neck and facemask?? Even the announcers said the same. Also when Tate pushed off in the end zone!! Come on. Horrible horrilbe game. Worst I have ever seen. I am not taking a thing away from the seahawks defense becasue they played an amazing first half but this was unreal!!!
  • BrooklynTico
    Options
    Seahawks girl here.....

Yep - bad call but......I would feel bad for Green Bay ...but they could of made the two point conversion... lol

How many holding calls did the refs missed against the Packers? Guess they made it up at the end?

As an avid NFL fan, you disgust me.

And the Packers did come out to finish the game. they sent 11 out for the Extra Point. The refs even left the field after all that. The Packers were class personified.

I officially dislike Seahawks fans and hope your team loses every game from here on out just so the ignorant fan base has to suffer.

And I'm not even a Packer fan!
  • TonyM1984
    Options
    I couldnt believe it!! Im just glad I saw it live cause that was f-king epic!!!! Crazy stuff right there! It was like watching the NBA refs. No call here, phantom call there, makeup call here, ignore the foul there, and lets just give it to the home team!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Of all the nights for me to turn the game off and go to bed. Oh well, I'm sure the refs will do something very similar this week, and the week after, and the week after.....until the real refs come back.
  • BrooklynTico
    Options
    Actually, the refs made the right call. If opposing players come down with the football and neither rips it out of the others arms, it automatically goes to the intended receiver which in this case would be the Seahawks even if Jennings had slightly more possession, the Seahawks still maintained contact.

However, yes, most of the games have been horribly officiated in general and the two refs should have conferred before making a call, especially under 2 minutes when the play had to be reviewed anyway.

I agree with joehempel....this should definitely kick them into gear in resolving the strike and getting the normal refs back.

You should be banned from watching or talking about football. You are 100% incorrect. Jennings had sole possession of the ball and Tate had a hand on the ball AFTER the fact.

"It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control."
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Seahawks girl here.....

Yep - bad call but......I would feel bad for Green Bay ...but they could of made the two point conversion... lol

How many holding calls did the refs missed against the Packers? Guess they made it up at the end?

Umm...what about all of the pass interference calls and holding calls they didn't make against the hawks?? It went both ways...don't even try to say the packers got favored AT ALL in that game. Tate pushed off of Shields on that play, which also should have negated that touchdown anyway. If you're a true football fan, regardless of your team, you have to admit it was a SH!TTY call (AND non-call) and the Packers should have won that game.
  • BrooklynTico
    Options
    Seahawks girl here.....

Umm...what about all of the pass interference calls and holding calls they didn't make against the hawks?? It went both ways...don't even try to say the packers got favored AT ALL in that game. Tate pushed off of Shields on that play, which also should have negated that touchdown anyway. If you're a true football fan, regardless of your team, you have to admit it was a SH!TTY call (AND non-call) and the Packers should have won that game.

The "roughing the passer" that happened outside of the pocket that negated the interception. The "defensive pass interference" that was actually offensive pass interference on Sidney Rice.

Seahawks fans cried robbery after they lost the Super Bowl, but now that you benefit from it, it's ok. The true definition of a classless organization and fan base. As a Giants fan, I am proud of our 4 trophies and I hope you guys never get to celebrate one. You don't deserve it.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Options
    Seahawks girl here.....

The "roughing the passer" that happened outside of the pocket that negated the interception. The "defensive pass interference" that was actually offensive pass interference on Sidney Rice.

Seahawks fans cried robbery after they lost the Super Bowl, but now that you benefit from it, it's ok. The true definition of a classless organization and fan base. As a Giants fan, I am proud of our 4 trophies and I hope you guys never get to celebrate one. You don't deserve it.

Really hoping you weren't replying to my post on here. I'm a Packers fan and I'm very proud of our THIRTEEN trophies. There is no classier organization than the Green Bay Packers. No other team can match our history and storied background as a team. However, if the shoe had been on the other foot in this situation, I would not be on here gloating that the Packers won a good game. I'm a big enough FOOTBALL fan to be able to say that even though they got a win, it was a bad win and the refs have got to go. Like I said in my previous post, any REAL football fan, regardless of your team, has to admit that the win is bogus.
  • BrooklynTico
    Options
    No, I'm agreeing with your point and responding to the person you quoted lol
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Options
    No, I'm agreeing with your point and responding to the person you quoted lol

Ahh....okay! :) Thanks! LOL :laugh:
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the Packers or Seahawks, but that last call was a disgrace to the NFL. The ball was clearly caught by Jennings, and the Seahawk player (whatever his name is), had his arm around jennings who was on top of him. He did not have the ball. It was an interception, hands down. That was the worst call EVER and the NFL needs to bring back the regular refs. I was glad to see the Packers leave the field and was hoping they wouldn't go back on for the field goal kick, but at the same time, they were classy and went back onto the field. Major props to the Packers.

The NFL is becoming a joke because of these "Footlocker employees" they have on the field. They are not qualified to do this, and they are making a mockery of the NFL. It's really sad when, after watching a game, all you talk about is the refs and the horrible calls they made instead of the game itself.