15 months, 134 pounds lost - at GOAL! (pics included)

Options

Replies

• Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! YOU are amazing! Thank you for all of your encouragement and support! You are a true inspiration to the rest of us! May you be Blessed! {{HUGS}}
  • princessdartany
    princessdartany Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL....THANKS!!!
  • 1Lovely87
    1Lovely87 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    True def of O.M.G! You look amazing! Way to go mom!
  • redrook29
    Options
    Great story and congrats on reaching your goal weight! I like how you still have goals you want to achieve. I liked your comments about not depriving yourself of what you like, if it's done in moderation and one tracks their food then I don't see a problem with it. To me this is not a diet, I look at this as a lifestyle change, one that will teach me over time a healthier way to eat and portion control etc. Thanks for sharing your story! :)
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, Shannon! You look like a model now, and I know you love the ease of getting around without having to carry the weight of another adult! That 30-lb kid is heavy, but nothing compared to what you carried before. God bless you--and never go back!
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Great, Awesome Job! Isn't it funny that is really does just click. I heard that saying for years, and never believed it. But I heard my click 3 months ago and there is no turning back. And goals, yup, goals for me has been the way to go.

I appreciate your open door with your diary. As a newbie, I appreciate being able to see the real "how" other people are doing this. And man, I am jealous, you eat well! Thanks so much for taking the time to post your success story and your blog, I know that I will look at it when I am in that need mode knowing what I am doing is on track!!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, super well done to you and I hope you inspire and motivate a lot of other people with your weight loss :-)
  • TreEe5
    TreEe5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! You're such an inspiration :)
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Great, Awesome Job! Isn't it funny that is really does just click. I heard that saying for years, and never believed it. But I heard my click 3 months ago and there is no turning back. And goals, yup, goals for me has been the way to go.

If we could bottle and sell that "click" we'd make a fortune. No matter how many tools one has available, that shift in mindset is essential to making change and I don't know how to help someone find it. I literally woke up one day and decided to join a gym. There was no "rock bottom", no health scare or rude comment from a teenager.

It just clicked and ooooh how I wish I knew why or how so I could help other people find the motivation to start down the path without turning back.
  • AngelaJordan712
    AngelaJordan712 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You took the words right out of my mouth and by the way I may use your words one of these days if that is ok!...I have not hit a ending goal yet...I am only on the first of many goals (as a master of fact 4.3 lbs away). But I will feel this same way, I already do!

Thank you for sharing your story you are an inspiration!

Angela

"I actually enjoy exercising and consider it one of the best hours of my day I am a regular in the weight room. I am strong, inside and out. I am focused and dedicated.

People ask me, "are you so happy now that you've hit goal?"

Well, yes. I am. But it's more complicated than that.

I'm happy because I have taken charge of my life. I am happy because for some reason, in June of 2011, I decided to take the steps toward change, and something clicked and I never stopped. I am happy because I'm not stuck in some downward spiral, feeling out of control and uncomfortable in my own skin. I am happy because my body no longer holds me back: going on a 20 mile bike ride with my family. returning to the very rustic state park where I broke my ankle 5 years ago and conquering those trails, this time with a 30 pound toddler on my back. shopping for clothes anywhere I want, seeing something I love and thinking "I will try it on" instead of "that will never look nice on me." registering for a 10 mile race. going kayaking for the first time. I am happy that my first response is "I can do that" instead of "I can't..."

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: I was a beautiful, smart woman then too, with accomplishments and talents. I'm not defined by my body, and I was in no way less deserving or less wonderful than I am now. And you readers out there feeling like you're worthless because of your weight? Stop, right now. Wanting change does not mean you have to hate what or who you are presently. All self-hate will do is get in the way.

Somehow, during the last 15 months, something incredible has shifted inside of me and I'm confident and strong in a way I didn't think was possible. I didn't realize what was missing until I found it.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that reaching my goal weight itself has not made me happy. What has made me happy - thrilled, fulfilled, challenged, proud - is the journey to get here. And I have never once used the word journey to describe the process of losing weight, so you know I mean business ;)

I absolutely love who I have become.

Weight loss - yay! But I've changed on a more fundamental level than the size of my clothing. That's my success st
  • KH9107
    KH9107 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! I hope to be able to tell a similar story someday.

Congratulations!
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely beautiful! I looooved your post; too many people feel they aren't worthy unless they're skinny and perfect. Great work :smile:
  • msmissylowe
    Options
    I read the whole thing because that was inspiring! Great mindset and encouraging words!
    You look fabulous and most of all healthy and that is what matters.
    Thank you for sharing!
  • August_1958
    August_1958 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I needed to read your success story today! Thanks for sharing, it is "the" best post I've read. So inspiring!!!
  • gina1971
    gina1971 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation. Congratulations!! And thank you for sharing your story... and so much more!
  • JVandesteeg
    JVandesteeg Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    YOU, my dear are a TRUE INSPIRATION!! You look fantabulous!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • secondlane
    secondlane Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    what an awesome outlook!
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! Congratulations to you and your successes thus far, and good luck to achieving your future goals. I love the "wordiness" of this post as you're giving us you and people like me starting over (for the 50,000th time) needs to see stories like yours for inspiration. Knowing and seeing it can be done definitely makes the "I can ..." weigh a lot more than "I can't ..." What else I liked about your post: saying you're happy with the person you've become. I think that says a lot, because people think aesthetics when it comes to weight loss, but it's a process that effects you inside and out. Realizing you're stronger than you think you are and capable of reaching goals you set definitely adds to journey.

My goal is around yours (lose 120 lbs), and right now the journey destination seems like it's on the other side of the country, but I know the only thing stopping me from making it there is me. I'm only on day 2, but there's something different about this time. I look forward to posting my own story, so I can share and inspire others. *hi five!* Way to go! You look AMAZING! (And your son is adorable!) =)
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Holy man! Simply amazing and inspiring! I'm glad I got on here. I was about to reach for the M&M's but now I will think twice about that! : ) I haven't come across a post yet that is as well said as yours! Congratulations!
  • vickiessecret
    vickiessecret Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weightloss, you look Great!! I'm hoping to be where your at someday, just starting :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!