Weird things nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    That I should really be working on a thigh gap now.

This I'll never understand. I had never even heard of a thigh gap until I joined MFP.

I thought I was the only one that never heard of this. I don't even strive to have one. My legs are too muscular for that to ever happen, and I choose the muscle over skin and bone.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I don't often wear makeup but got a very weird feeling surprise the first time I applied foundation with my fingers and could feel the bones in my face. That was so strange!

Also, it's weird that now I can't get a good close shave under my arms (I know, TMI) because of the skin not being as tight now.... I either get razor burn from shaving too hard or a slight bit of left over stubble from not shaving closely enough. I cant bend my arm open/back anymore to make the skin tight.
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I discovered I have hip bones and collar bones and boy it hurts your hip if you accidentally walk into a table lol
    I LOVE my new collar bones!
  • cjosenga
    cjosenga Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have been ready for being cold all the time!
  • izzyl75
    Options
    I thought I had an abdominal mass. I felt it on one side of my lower abdomen, but not the other. Uh-oh. Just happened to have an appointment with my GYN. I told her my concern. She examined me, told me to try and sit up from a lying position on the exam table. She finally completed her exam and said, "Susan, you have abdominal muscles!" Me? At 50 years old. Abdominal muscles for the first time in my life could be felt!

I thought you were going to say a hernia. Those suck.

i found a hernia! it's a little bit different i suppose..i'm just hoping that maybe they could do a tummy tuck when they operate :laugh:
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    No one told me that my abs would not be symmetrical. Oh and then I realized that the upper 2 are so small that I almost only have a 4 pack.
  • cjosenga
    cjosenga Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am also cold all the time! It is nice to see a start to the definition of my abs too. :)
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have noticed a lot of the same things: excessive bathroom trips, especially in the middle of the night, collar bone comes out to say hi, and my feet are shrinking. I also notice birth marks that I have never noticed before. It's kind of like introducing yourself to new features of your body.
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My neck is thinner & collarbone actually shows. But what I lke most (& I am only down 12 lbs. so far) is that my face looks so much thinner. I hope my shoes size goes down or at least that my shoes aren't so tight!
  • JaneMills0
    JaneMills0 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sitting in the bath tub is not as comfortable as before. My tail bone and hips do not have the cushion they use to have...oh well, I will take that side effect...I sit on a folded towel if I plan on soaking for a while.....

Im the opposite. Sitting in a bathtub is so much better. I fit!!!!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,011 Member
    Options
    I have been cutting myself alot on my knees and ankles lately when shaving because I am not use to the skin being so close to the bone, I am use to having all the padding in the way. I dont think about it am in a hurry and find I cut myself alot OUCH
  • BruhManFif
    BruhManFif Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have noticed a lot of the same things: excessive bathroom trips, especially in the middle of the night, collar bone comes out to say hi, and my feet are shrinking. I also notice birth marks that I have never noticed before. It's kind of like introducing yourself to new features of your body.

Awesome
  • soniathekitty
    soniathekitty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Reading everyone else's replies makes me feel less like wiener for my odd discoveries and laughing at myself. Like, the lump I thought I had in my upper arm...muscle. HA. Ring size, absolutely. I keep hoping that hubs will catch a hint and get mine fixed or buy me a new snappy one. So far no luck. I guess it'll take me losing it. ;-) My closet is like a halfway house right now from all the shifting around. I'm cold all the time (it's going to be a rough winter...). I'm down 119 lbs and am discovering new old things, and never before noticed things. The things I am loving, besides just being less sizeable of course, is definitely the insane libido, and just feeling much more..light. I actually feel like I can be tossed around and not be worried that I'm going to cause a hernia for someone. LOL. I look much more like I did in high school, which is cool kind of, but I think I'm way cuter, because I smile WAY MORE and I'm confident and comfortable. Okay, and the libido makes me grin on a regular basis. ;-)
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    1. Lose my rings more
    2. Shoes too big for me
    3. My hands and feet are always cold
    4. When I get bloated.... I get really bloated now, were as before the fat hid it
    This has never happened to me but girls I know, when you lose too much weight/ extreme exercises can make you miss/not have your period
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Nobody ever told me how much time I'd waste just looking at myself in the mirror... flexing! LMAO - it's kinda sad how fascinated I am by my own muscles!

Hahaha I thought that was just me :laugh:

I agree though that at a smaller size I find that any areas I'm not so happy with are way more noticable. I'm also getting wrinkles and my baby face has left me behind as well :(
  • mathteacher2010
    mathteacher2010 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My feet better not get smaller! I am already a size 4.5!!!! :laugh:
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    That I'd stop being bothered (so much) about 'losing weight' and be proud of my new muscles!

And that I'd want to do more exercise and feel weird if I didn't do something, even if its just a walk...

And that I'd want to do a Tough Mudder!
  • TBoom915
    TBoom915 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My feet, wrists and fingers have shrunk.
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Me too on the rings! My wedding ring is now perilously loose, and I've only lost 20 lbs since my wedding two years ago. Money is tight so I haven't been able to resize it and I already lost it once in the snow this past winter and (miraculously) found it a week later when things thawed out. I'm thinking of wraping it in string or something so I can at least keep it on my finger!

Important safety tip girls - They make something called a ring guard. You can get it at jewelry stores and it is a little metal thing that fits on your ring to make it smaller. It's cheaper than having it sized (and way cheaper than replacing it if it is lost!) and saves you having to size it over and over as you lose weight. You just bend it up a little to make the ring fit tighter as you lose.
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Nobody ever told me how much time I'd waste just looking at myself in the mirror... flexing! LMAO - it's kinda sad how fascinated I am by my own muscles!

Guilty! I've just been doing this... Haha!