Why do people class themselves in leagues?

Options
deejayblitz
deejayblitz Posts: 38 Member
Ie: saying she/he is out of my league. why isn't everyone accessible to everyone?

Replies

• shoppingmaniac86
    shoppingmaniac86 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Lol i was joking relax
  • deejayblitz
    Options
    I wasn't posting in reply to your post, it's just it goes on a lot people put themselves down because they don't think they have a chance with someone and then settle for someone they think are "in their league"
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    My guess is they're either insecure or think too highly of themselves.

If they're insecure, they'll feel they don't deserve someone because they're not attractive enough, smart enough, etc. So they settle for less.

If they're full of themselves, they'll likely have trouble finding anyone who meets their standards because they set them so high. They feel they are God's gift to the world and only their perfect imaginary match is worthy of them.

But for normal people who aren't crazy....I don't see the whole league thing in real life. That's something I stopped hearing about after high school.
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    i dont know.

i feel like i am average. i am not ugly, there are more beautiful girls then me. i feel like that "super hot opposite gender" wants to be with someone that looks good like they do.
  • shoppingmaniac86
    Options
    Insecurity and rejection and low self esteem plays a big part in that...or the reverse for people too confident. People just need to be more openminded
  • deejayblitz
    Options
    It's all psychological boundaries people put on themselves it seams. I hear it a lot around friends, people who class themselves as geeks won't make moves on girls/boys they don't have a chance with, I just don't understand as I've never seen things that way. I was bullied at school for being overweight, I didn't think I was as Goodlooking as some of the guys at school but it didn't stop me from going out and having a go at getting the girl I wanted
  • deejayblitz
    Options
    Karaw I would say your above average in my eyes, very pretty
  • karawRN
    Options
    Karaw I would say your above average in my eyes, very pretty

well thank you :)
    day to day basis, though im pretty average. im dressed up in this picture
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    If you believe you are out of someones league- your retarded.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Is it the American League or National League? That makes a huge difference!

Oh sorry...I though this was baseball talk?
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    The only time I think such things is when a skeezy man twice my age yells obsenities on the street. And even then it's more about the classlessness than anything.

I don't think there are leagues, unless someone is super shallow, an awesome personality >>>>>an awesome bod+face
  • Nickf887
    Options
    When I was in high school (and most of college, actually), I played into the "out of my league" thoughts ... Looking back though I think that I just lacked confidence in those areas.

Looking back there were a lot of girls who would flirt with me, but I brushed all of it off as "they're just being nice." it wasn't until college where it began to click (with the help of friends who would point things out to me)

Now more than ever I have bought in to the thought that I can get and deserve the best (really not trying to sound arrogant, just realizing my own great traits). :)
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    my philosophy- she may be out of my league, but that dont mean i cant get it.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    The only time I think such things is when a skeezy man twice my age yells obsenities on the street. And even then it's more about the classlessness than anything.

This.
  • karawRN
    Options
    i agree with lacking confidence in those areas.

a past of being told i was ugly, fat and cant do anything right will do that to you i guess. since leaving that situation, my confidence in myself continues to grow.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school (and most of college, actually), I played into the "out of my league" thoughts ... Looking back though I think that I just lacked confidence in those areas.

Looking back there were a lot of girls who would flirt with me, but I brushed all of it off as "they're just being nice." it wasn't until college where it began to click (with the help of friends who would point things out to me)

Now more than ever I have bought in to the thought that I can get and deserve the best (really not trying to sound arrogant, just realizing my own great traits). :)

So then do you believe all but the most amazing women are out of their league if they approach you?
  • dsmboy1991
    dsmboy1991 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wait....we have leagues now? When the heck did we pick teams? How come I always get picked last?? I'm taking my ball and going home. :sad:
  • shoppingmaniac86
    Options
    Getting the best doesnt always necessarily mean best looking ... best personality... best attitude and the most respectable always is good to aim for too
  • mschichi26
    Options
    Ie: saying she/he is out of my league. why isn't everyone accessible to everyone?

I agree. Why do guys reject girls just because they are overweight ...
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I'm in a league of my own. Deal with it!