Did you marry your first love from high school or before

Options

Replies

• Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    My high school sweetheart turned out to be a self-centered turdmonkey. I didn't even meet my husband until my second year of grad school.

Turdmonkey...best name ever!
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Met my first love way before highschool, very happily married for 12 years with a son! :love:
  • harpercutie
    harpercutie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    these are adorable stories! you are all the exceptions.

i dedicate this song to all of you-share it with your spouses?
    :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB7Vx1y1Gb4
  • ccludden
    ccludden Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I married my boyfriend from high school. I was 15 when we met. We didn't marry till I was 21. We have been together for 23 years.
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    We met in high school and have been happily married for 30 years, still hold hands, still spend all our spare time together.:blushing: :blushing:
  • sandilee27
    sandilee27 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when I was 17, he was 18 .... we married 11 months later. Now, 40 years, 2 children & 4 grandchildren later we are still very happy.
  • mandi_2007_b
    Options
    Yes I met him my senior yr, married at 17 n I was 18 and we just celebrated our 12 yr anniversary!! I wouldn't have it any other way
  • imafatloser
    Options
    Married my junior high sweetheart. We've been together for 39 years and are still sweet on each other. :heart:
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Married my first love. Divorced him 4 1/2 years later. Married my soul mate 1 1/2 years later. :O)
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I am going to be marrying my high school sweetheart in August, we've been together 7 years next month :)<3

I'm in the same boat!
    He & I have been dating for 8 years this last July and will be getting married next June. :heart:
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I'm with the first serious guy I ever dated. We met when we were 18 and 19, and we're 23 and 24 now. Not married, and likely won't be any time in the foreseeable future (planning a wedding right now is just not financial feasible for us) but we're pretty much in it for the long haul.

I did have an awkward sort of relationship in high school, but the guy ended up being a total tool so I'm much better off without him.
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    We were in same class since 4th grade. Started dating one week before highschool graduation. Dated for 2 yrs and been married for 10. 3 kids later wouldnt change a thing.
  • jmassardo
    Options
    Yep. I married my high school sweetheart when we were 18 and we're still together nearly 14 years later.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    YES! We met when we were 10, and married at 25. We've been together for 3 and married for 2 years. :)
  • juli_jones
    juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yes....we started dating when I was 14 and he was 16. We broke up after a year of dating, but got back together when I was a Senior. We dated for 5 more years before getting married at 23/25 and we have been happly married for 13 years with two wonderful kids. Staying married can happen!!! We have our disagreements, but we love each other and always work through it. My parents were married for 42 years before my dad passed and my sister, who married at 18 and pregnant, has been married to her husband for 31 years.
  • Rannybanani
    Rannybanani Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Started dating the week I turned 17. Got married 1 month after graduation in June that following year. Celebrated our 38th anniversary this past July. We have 2 daughters and our 5th grandchild is due the week before Thanksgiving.

He is my heartbeat, my whole life.

But he was not my first love, and I've thanked the Good Lord many times over the years that I walked away from that 1st one.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Funny you would ask this today. I have been dating my first love from high school exactly 7 years today! We started dating when I was 16, and I'll be 24 next week. Still not married and no kids (just dogs which are like our kids)... and we're very happy where we are. For now. :)
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    No, my first love in HS told me that he thought of me as just an object and did not want to continue a relationship with me. Funny, I looked him up on FB some time ago and he married a woman that looks very much like me....
  • eyestylemom
    eyestylemom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yes...married him, divorced him, remarried him a year later and now have 2 beautiful children and celebrated 16yrs married. Happier than we have ever been. :wink:
  • yes, I was 16 when I first met my husband we didnt get together then but a year later he found me on myspace and we started talking and eventually got together we have a one year old daughter and we have been married for 1 year