Would you class sugarfree squash as water

Options
13»

Replies

• AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew how to embed links, lol. copy and past to see the Squash Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squash_(drink)

• Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of that, but I have heard that it is better to get your water intake form food. So I would have to say yes. Though I personally don't mind water.
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    542199.jpg

This is what we call fruit squash in UK. You dilute it to taste with water.
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I count it as water- but i only use a tiny splash per glass. Just enough to lightly flavour it as, like you i HATE to drink water on its own! Its just like drinking flavoured water that way and it works for me. I drink about 4 pints of that per day and i definitely feel better for it!
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I count squash, tea & any beverage made with water as it's main ingredient as water. What else would it be?
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Sugar free squash has calories in it

Water = Water

Squash = Squash
  • beccyleigh
    Options
    you can't actually count the drinks with caffeine in them as water. caffeine is a diuretic and will leech free fluid from your system. the ratio is 1:1. if you drink a cup of coffee (or iced tea) and a cup of water, it's like you put nothing in at all. for each caffeinated beverage you drink, you should add 1 cup of water to your daily total. same goes for alcohol.

gotta love the Broscience.
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I count squash as water since it's just flavouring really to the water.... tea, soda, ect I don't count as water
  • beccyleigh
    Options
    Sugar free squash has calories in it

Water = Water

Squash = Squash

Robinsons sugar fee squash has about 4 cals per every 200mls diluted. Something will still hydrate you if it contains a calorie. :smile:

Soda or what we brits call fizzy drinks I do not count as water only becuase i don't drink them but they do hydrate after a fashion & usually contain too much sugar or artifical sweetner for my liking.
  • jenneal89
    Options
    Yes I do and I log the squash even though the calories are minimal. I usually buy the 2L bottles of water from Tesco since they are only like 45p each and don't taste bad like tap water :)
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I never said calories don;t hydrate you

But, if you want a cheap alternative to sports drinks. 1 part Squash to 4 parts water, with a pinch of salt is pretty much the same thing