Health foods you try to tell yourself are yummy? But aren't.

Options

Replies

• citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Try the hot chocolate with sugar free salted caramel. Really good.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I won't eat something I don't like for the sake of eating 'healthy'.
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, trout, cooked salmon or tuna (I only like it raw), dulse or other strong flavored seaweed, vegan cream cheese (ugh!!), arugala, raw spinach when it's not mixed with romaine, wheatgrass juice, and chickpeas.

For the most part I really, really enjoy healthy food. There's not a lot of junk food or processed treats that usually tempts me, but chocolate, chocolate chips, sugary protein bars, homemade cookies, and ice cream jump into my grocery cart on their own from time to time :)

There's enough variety of healthy foods to fit your required nutrients and macros that there should never be any reason to force yourself to eat foods you don't love. When I've tried to do that, I'm not satisfied after a meal and I just want to go have what I was craving in the first place. :P
  • wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I enjoy almost all healthy foods. I think it came from growing up with a mother on WW who had us eat the same stuff. (My brother and I used to run past the cookies to the snackwell section, we just didnt know about real cookies.) At first of course I didnt like the health food but over time my tastes have shifted. This is a slow process, so try not to be hard on yourself. Many times I've tried broccoli and cauliflower and almost spit it out. But over time I've grown to palate if not enjoy it. First time I had sashmi sushi, I thought it tasted like toilet bowl cleaner. Now its my favorite food. Point being, over time I slowly keep reintroducing foods into my diet. It helps alot. It also doesnt hurt if the second and third attempts you cover it in something you love. Cheese, salsa, guacamole, butter, mustard, ketchup. Whatever, if it helps you eat that new healthy food you can slowly get rid of any "bad" flavorings. You will adjust!
    I've done this with
    squash
    sushi
    broccoli
    cabbage
    brussel sprouts
    peppers
    spinach (now an addict!)
    beans
    anyways you get the idea...............
  • monicamcisaac
    monicamcisaac Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    legumes! Bleagh!!
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Anyone who doesn't like WW pasta should totally try Bionaturae. SO MUCH BETTER THAN WHITE. It's the only whole wheat pasta you could eat plain - or with one of those barely-there sauces like crushed tomatoes and basil. Mm-mm-mm.
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Anything with Kale Juice in it.
  • aforange
    aforange Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Avocado...

Oh sweet mother of God.

I can't even convince myself they are yummy, because they aren't. I heard so many swooning reviews that I took a big scoop and popped it in my mouth and sgksusd kskg kskjg kiudrig.

This memory has been aborted due to severe mental trauma.
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt~ eeeck!
    I have tried every brand of greek yogurt out there, plain, with fruit, with fruit and granola..... still I cant get past the taste. It almost taste like eating sour cream. I like sour cream but on things like taco's.... I wouldn't sit down and eat a tub of sour cream with a spoon. Greek Yogurt is just very strong and bitter to me.
  • xElineeee
    xElineeee Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    greek yoghurt.. yup. still need to learn how to eat that!
  • LooptLou25
    LooptLou25 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Ok, a weird one, bananas - well they are yummy, but..... It's not that I don't like them in things - smoothies, banana loaf, on toast with cinnamon sugar etc, but eating it raw, for some reason makes me nauseous - think it's the texture? I've tried several times, yesterday I decided was my last. Will just have to accept I can't have them straight, will have to smoothie them up instead!
  • bluestocking01
    Options
    Cauliflower- Yuck!!

No matter how much I tell myself it's good or good for you I just can't stomach it!
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Brown rice. I've tried different brands and different flavors, but I just can't get past that first bite. The texture is just off.
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Olives, and, therefore, muffalettas. Blech!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't eat foods that I don't like. Check my profile and find my motto, "Being honest with myself." I would be "cheating" or derail my journey if I start lying to myself again.

On the other hand, I have "rediscovered" a number of healthy foods that I hadn't eaten in years, like spinach and yogurt smoothies.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Cauliflower- Yuck!!

No matter how much I tell myself it's good or good for you I just can't stomach it!

I can eat it if it's mixed in with broccoli, but not by itself. lol
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Brown rice. I've tried different brands and different flavors, but I just can't get past that first bite. The texture is just off.

My whole family hates brown rice. And it's the same calories as white rice, just a little bit less protein and fiber, so I stick with white rice.
  • silentnemesis
    silentnemesis Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt and Cottage Cheese. yum -_-
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Avocado...

Oh sweet mother of God.

Well, I appreciate you posting this because neither of my kids will eat avocado and I'm like, what? Who doesn't like avocado? They're so creamy and delicious! EVERYBODY loves them! So at least now I know they're not alone. (And I have also learned that they will eat avocado cucumber soup, if I don't tell them what it is, so if anyone ever holds a gun to your head and demands that you eat one, you might like to try that way.)
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Huh. I really enjoy Greek yogurt, raw fruits, and I really haven't needed to eat pasta in a really long time so I'm not sure on that one. I drink almond milk and eat greek yogurt several times a day - probably to the point of unhealthy, but I love the taste so much!

For me, it's most meats. I just never want meat, so I rarely eat it. This leads to lack of protein, which hurts my running a lot. I can sometimes do grilled chicken. Otherwise, I got nothing.