You must eat breakfast if you want to lose weight

Options

Replies

• AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Alright, I've kept you all waiting long enough. I *do* eat breakfast. It's usually a Quest protein bar and a coffee.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Didn't read the whole OP because the subject line and first few sentences were just too silly. There are NO "musts" in weight loss.
    This
  • catodd
    catodd Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I know all that I been studying it for years. I do agree his post is rather full on and extreme but like I say it works very well for me and I agree. When I was boxing I had to lose weight to fight and I would starve and run before breakfast and eventually it left me drained tired and weak. Now Im in better shape and my training and diet routine works perfectly thats all I am saying I was surprised at the very negative comments made about the OP. I do agree with him not the bit about toast and ham .....YUCK!
    I dont eat before bed. So i dont have any of that what you described. I do get up at 5.30 A.M have breakfast and im in the gym for 6.30 so without it I would definitely be struggling and thats 6 times a week:wink:
    I am amazed at what a negative response the OP has had! I agree that "You must eat breakfast" might be quite a hard way of saying what works for him. I do think he is right. It is a well known fact that if you starve yourself your metabolism does slow down, 8 hours sleepis in effect an 8 hour fast and if you are trying to lose weight it is very likely you didnt eat before you went to bed. So where are you getting your energy from. Its likely you are cannibalizing your muscle mass and that isnt good for you. If you are trying to lose weight you really want to lose fat dont you? You dont want to lose muscle mass and fat. So you really should be into FAT loss not weight loss. Therefore you MUST eat regularly in order to keep your body living on its fat reserves and nothing else. The advantages here are easy to see no lean body mass is lost so your rate of fat loss must be greater. You will achieve your goals quicker. Give the guy a break Hes RIGHT!!

Remember the food you ate the night before? Well it takes hours for that to digest and the energy to get into your system. And while you sleep your digestive system slows down, so it takes even longer for energy from the last food you ate to enter your system. Fasting for up to 24 hours is fine, after that you may run into some of the issues you describe.

So no, he is not right. It is the way he did it, but the reason he lost weight was that he was in a caloric deficit long enough to lose that much weight, it is that simple.

yes but if you ate a 6 pm the night before it takes hours for that to finish digesting (most likely you are in bed while it is still digesting, so your body has that energy to use (live on) after you wake up.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I usually do a protein shake first thing in the morning with almond milk, frozen fruit and a scoop of vanilla whey. Then later at my desk, a 100 calorie cup of greek yogurt. I get in my first 40 grams of protein for the day that way.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    You actually end up burning more calories in the day if you manage to eat someone else's breakfast.

Just a pro tip folks.
  • Ddmck1
    Ddmck1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Whenever I see posts like these the first thing I think is

mk2_ps3_soon.jpg
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am not a breakfast eater. I'm not hungry in the morning, nor do I enjoy most breakfast foods. However, I do eat breakfast because I know it's important! Lately I have been doing a Slimfast Shake and a low fat string cheese. I do not have the urge to snack before lunch - whereas before I definitely would want to.

Even a cup of coffee in the morning seems to suppress my appetite.

Other breakfast options for non-breakfast enjoyers can include turkey bacon or roasted tomatoes with parsley or baby carrots. These are things that worked for me.
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You need to stop drinking all alcohol, only eat the whites of eggs, replace all meat with turkey, and eat 8 meals a day or you'll never lose weight.

LOL!
  • uclown2002
    uclown2002 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ......................However, I do eat breakfast because I know it's important!

OMFG
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    ......................However, I do eat breakfast because I know it's important!

OMFG

Ha ha ha
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options

OMFG

Ha ha ha

Yep. I heard if you want to lose weight, it's really important to choke down food when you're not hungry.
  • TonkaDanteFriend
    TonkaDanteFriend Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Everyone must put on a tin foil hat and do the Running Man within 30 minutes of waking up in order to lose weight.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    You need to stop drinking all alcohol, only eat the whites of eggs, replace all meat with turkey, and eat 8 meals a day or you'll never lose weight.

I'm just gonna stay fat then... life wouldn't be worth living!
  • HelenaHN
    Options

OMFG

Ha ha ha

Don't be so mean, maybe she means it's important for her, because that way she doesn't have the urge to snack or binge before lunch...

Or maybe not and she really thinks it's important for weight loss.

This thread is magnific.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options

OMFG

Ha ha ha

Don't be so mean, maybe she means it's important for her, because that way she doesn't have the urge to snack or binge before lunch...

This thread is magnific. mean

Being mean was the furthest thing from my mind. I absolutely swear by breakfast and never miss it. I don't know if you read this thing from the beginning but it begins with the insistence that if we don't eat breakfast, then we will never lose weight.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options

OMFG

Ha ha ha

This thread is magnific.

Awesome word, "magnific!"
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    wow gotta love this type of post. For me, eating breakfast makes me hungrier again earlier. I've been losing weight just fine and I try to eat a little something but if I don't eat breakfast I don't sweat it.
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I like breakfast.
  • HelenaHN
    Options
    Being mean was the furthest thing from my mind. I absolutely swear by breakfast and never miss it. I don't know if you read this thing from the beginning but it begins with the insistence that if we don't eat breakfast, then we will never lose weight.
    Yes, I read it from the begining, and I know how it all started.

Awesome word, "magnific!"
    :embarassed: Sorry for the mistake, I'm spanish and as you can imagine my english is far away from being perfect.
  • purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You must eat breakfast if you want to lose weight

Lies.

:laugh: The title of this thread cracks me up every time I read it.

I NEVER eat breakfast and yet somehow lost 26 pounds. How's that? :laugh: :noway: