Should I shave/buzzcut my thinning hair?

Options

Replies

• mcdermor
    mcdermor Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Do it, dude. I did about 3yrs ago, and will never go back. Not only does it deal with the proceeding forehead, but it saves a ton of time and effort on maintaining your hair.

Just be sure to take up wearing hats and sunscreen, at least for a while until your scalp gets used to the exposure. My grandfather had skin cancer on his scalp, and by all accounts it was not a fun experience.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    No don't do it. I hate when I see men who shave their heads because of balding/receding hair lines. Just own it!!
  • Girl_Bomb
    Options
    Yes.
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Dude...it's not even that bad!!! Leave it the way it is until it's totally noticeable. Then cut/shave.
  • jamacattack
    jamacattack Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love bald men. My man bics his head every night.
  • msflores75
    Options
    I say shave!
  • YoSoyFiesta21
    Options
    Shave it. I was in denial for a couple years and decided to finally make the change. Started losing at 25, shaved at 28 and have gotten a much more positive response from the OS since! If you don't like it when its shaved, you can always grow it back.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Just get on with it. I wish I did it years ago (only started about 2 years ago) and not only do I save money but I feel more confident and don't care about the receding hairline.
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My hubby shaves his and I like it... :smile:
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Your'e not all that far along. Just keep it well trimmed so no one mistakes it for a comb-over.
    Later yea, buzz cut, or shave (I shave).
  • MelAb8709
    MelAb8709 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I checked out your pictures - you can pull it off so I say go for it. I think the receding/thinning look will only age you and make you look older than your 30 years, and who wants that?
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Buzz it. Nothing worse than a combover..
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Buzz it. Simple, effective, and less you have to take care of in the morning.
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Guys with buzzed heads look much younger than guys of the same age group with wispy, long strands. Seriously.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i love a short spiky cut on my man! SEXY!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    So I have been aware of my hair getting pretty thin for a few years. I'm 30 now and it's receding a lot on my forehead and starting to thin at my crown. Here are a couple of photos (literally just took these):

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5757769/Hair1.jpg
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5757769/Hair2.jpg

For a while now I've struggled to do anything with my hair that doesn't look either thinning or like I'm trying too hard to hide it. I've had a look on some forums and they suggest that a buzz cut or even shaved head might be worth a try but obviously it's a bit of a big step!
    It can look pretty great, thinking of Jason Statham, but let's be realistic here. Do you think it would suit me? Are there any ways to get an idea of the shape of your head other than just going for it?

I shave it now. used to be #2 on the clippers. now it's a #1. lol.....sucks. but in reality i think always looks worse when someone is trying to hide it, do a comb over etc.
  • genefabes
    Options
    shave it.
  • Tina1970s
    Options
    I like it when men cut their hair really really short. You don't need to shave it just go super short.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    shave it...I love it. havent paid for a hair cut in 20 years, lol. I do it not cause im going bald ( a lil reseeding ) but because its so much easier to take care of. I dont own a brush or hair dryer- dont even buy shampoo-just use the bar soap, lol.
  • Seriousmom3
    Options
    shave it down...my husband keeps his nice and low. buzz cuts look great!