Should I shave/buzzcut my thinning hair?

Options

Replies

• beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, yes. I would recommend buzzing it though, NOT shaving it so clean people can see their reflection. My husband's hair started thinning really young (he says it started when we started dating :wink:) but I think REALLY close buzzcuts look great on guys.
  • pompeii79
    pompeii79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Buzz it! You'd look hotter than hot.

My fiance has his buzzed and I love "playing DJ" on it. I put my hand lighty on his head, move it back and forth, and say "WIKI WIKI WIKI!" I like the feel of it. It's our little thing and I love it.
  • LAURITDOWN
    LAURITDOWN Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    shave it! you'll look much younger & sexier, my boyfriend has never looked better since he did (he had the same trepidation as you).
    If you don't like it, it will grow back to how it is now within a couple of months, you'll always wonder if not!
    do it! :)
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I buzz cut . Been doing it for the last year. Not in the shave stage yet. With the way I have a reteat happening it will be sooner than later.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Buzz it! You'd look hotter than hot.

My fiance has his buzzed and I love "playing DJ" on it. I put my hand lighty on his head, move it back and forth, and say "WIKI WIKI WIKI!" I like the feel of it. It's our little thing and I love it.

"WIKI WIKI WIKI!" ??? Love it!
  • cakelady69
    Options
    I would definitely buzz it first. You will look awesome. I love men with buzz cuts or shaved.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Shave then let it grow back but not as long as it is now
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I dont find thinning/receding hair unattractive in the least. Quite the opposite really.

However, if you are really concerned, I would suggest a buzz cut. Bald would be pretty drastic.
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Jason Statham ....mmmm..... hell yes, go for it!!
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    I love how no one mentioned getting a rug. Thats one 70's fad that needed to die a horrible death. :laugh:
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I say buzz cut first, then you can try the bald look. My guy went buzzed for a couple months, now he shaves. He looks great either way. Just please don't do the "comb over" yuck!!!
  • gdmarquis
    gdmarquis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Had the same problem so I shaved it all off but I hated the way it felt. All the stubble constantly pulled on my baseball hats. I just buzz it now on #2.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Dude...it's not even that bad!!! Leave it the way it is until it's totally noticeable. Then cut/shave.

I think you're really cute and your hair is fine! That said, if you do decide to cut it...don't shave all the way down, just buzz it.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You can always start with a buzz and shave it later if you decide you might like it better. It will always grow back if you decide you don't like it either way! You look like you have a nice looking head..meaning no lumps, bumps or knots...and shaved would probably look nice!

Good luck with what you decide and post pictures if you do! :drinker:
  • Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I say shave it or leave it, but whatever you choose, don't fret about it :) seriously, it's only a drawback when you guys are obsessing over it. sheesh. i think you would look good either way.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    200%yes
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I like bald men, but not where they are bald and hanging on to whats left - i mean completely clean and sexy bald. buzz cuts are also quite sexy
  • agriffiths73
    agriffiths73 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Do it!!

You have a good shaped face, and you'd look great!
  • robmcd88
    robmcd88 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Do it then post a before and after for opinions. It will always grow back out if everyone says ooof!
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Shave Shave Shave it all off!