-4lbs in a month?! Not good enough

Options

Replies

• katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You are at the point now where your weight loss will definitely slow down.. that being said 1lb/week is still really good! It sounds like you workout quite a bit so it sounds like maybe you aren't eating enough (although I'm not sure how tall you are). I took a look at your food diary and it looks pretty good for the most part. Your carbs are personally higher than I like but they aren't absurd. Your protein, though is quite low. I would maybe try out having a little less carbs (maybe down to 150-175g range) and try upping your protein to about 75g-100g/day.

The main thing I also noticed you eat a lot of processed foods (gosh I hate bringing this up after that other thread that is going on right now) but those tend of have a lot of sodium which can make you bloated. I would maybe track your sodium intake and see if you can get those numbers lower. Sodium won't stop you from losing weight but it can make you bloat which gives the appearance of not losing weight even if you are.

Hope this helps! It looks like you are already doing a really good job and don't worry too much about 1lb/week. Wait til you get to your last 10-15lbs :'(
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I started in March and by July was only down 25 pounds and I am heavier...
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    1 lb/week with 46 so far... actually sounds really good.

Your diet looks fairly low in fat and protein. Perhaps switch things up, and eating less carbs on rest days - and more fat/protein.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    are you racing? 4 lbs a month is ideal
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I've gained 5lbs since Friday after being put on Metformin, and I've been watching my carbs and calories very closely. Wanna trade?
  • KellyJoMorris
    KellyJoMorris Posts: 35 Member
    Options
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    1lb is a week is a healthy loss..

^ This
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    1lb a week is actually the recommended healthy weight. I don't think its too bad. I know that when I drop a lot quickly, it's harder to maintain.

It's been my experience that the slower it comes off, the more likely I am to maintain that loss and not gain it back. Maybe it's just how you lose weight.

Personally, I lose 2-4lbs in a week then nothing for 4-6 weeks then lose again 2-4lbs in a week and repeat. Maybe that's just how your body is.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Personally 4lbs in 1 month at 170lbs is reasonable.
    When I started out at 245 lbs sure I was losing 10 lbs a month, but quickly it changed to 5lbs a month, and now at 158lbs I am lucky to lose 0.1 lbs a month.

So I say, keep at it, all those 4lbs add up quick.

The only other recommendation is making sure your calories per day is accurate for what you are doing.
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    First of all, listen to what everyone is saying!1lb a week is great!! Sometimes it don't seem like much for all the hard work you put in, but it adds up quick and you will notice a lot of change with just a little weight loss! Try tracking your sodium for a while. High amounts of sodium will make you retain fluids. Don't help for everyone, but after I realized how much sodium I was eating I cut it in half and started losing! Good Luck!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    That the opposite of sucks. Please chill out.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I've lost 3.75lbs this month and am 176lbs...I must be doing completely rubbish by your standards.

Did you gain 4lbs a month until you got to your starting weight? I'd put money on the answer being no. Have patience. Weight loss doesn't happen overnight. It takes time and effort and patience.

(P.S I am over the flipping moon with my loss this month - after stalling for 2 and half months and losing .5lbs in that time losing weight again feels amazings :happy: )

tl;dr - Stick with it and have patience.
  • sonyalbruno
    sonyalbruno Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    How much strength raining are you doing? Also keep track of your sodium intake because the more sodium you consume the more water you retain. Bu for the most part I generally only loose 1-2 pounds a week, I am not eating super clean or anything though.
  • flpmomi
    flpmomi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    1lb is a week is a healthy loss..

Agreed!!! You might want to think about changing your goals to 1lb a week and that will give you a higher calorie intake, so you will be able to eat a lil more. (and if you happened to lose more than a 1lb a week, then bonus!) Watch your carbs and sodium and keep drinking plenty of water. Keep up with your exercise and you will do just fine. You have lost so much already and its also a possiblity that you are gaining some muscle which weighs more than fat anyways. I would say that you are doing an awesome job. Don't let the scale numbers upset you.....look at what you have accomplished and continuing to accomplish. :happy:
  • asticoral
    Options
    I'd add veggies to your dietary intake, since you are seemingly avoiding them, lol
    the "carbs" off veggies are good ones vs. starches like breads and pasta
    adding 200 -300 cals by the way of veggies and fruits will give your body good fuel to start burning again
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I've gained 5lbs since Friday after being put on Metformin, and I've been watching my carbs and calories very closely. Wanna trade?

Something is very wrong there. Metformin is supposed to HELP you lose weight by removing excess sugar from your blood. Thats why I am still on it....and it does help.
  • mrramsey
    Options
    I'd add veggies to your dietary intake, since you are seemingly avoiding them, lol
    the "carbs" off veggies are good ones vs. starches like breads and pasta
    adding 200 -300 cals by the way of veggies and fruits will give your body good fuel to start burning again

I second this ^^^

Vary the diet up...
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    That's actually pretty good. The slower you take it off, the easier you'll be able to keep it off. Eat the calories they give you, and workout at something you love!
  • reshapemariah21
    reshapemariah21 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost sh** this month. I just gained a crap ton of water weight and just got back down to the weight I was at the beginning of the month today. Be proud! What people fail to realize is that slow progress, is indeed, PROGRESS! :smile:
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    4 pounds a month is a great loss!