Logging Calories Burned Playing Angry Birds

Options
Does anybody know how many calories are burned by standing on my feet playing Angry Birds? I am standing so that's good cardio right? And my thumbs are really active, plus I get really pissed went I can't kill all of the pigs my first try so that must raise my metabolism right?

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Bump. Wondering same thing, except mine is WordsByPost (like wordswithfriends, but better).
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Does Draw Something count as HIIT since I go from sitting there watching the other person draw to drawing my pictures and then back again?
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Bump. Wondering same thing, except mine is WordsByPost (like wordswithfriends, but better).

I agree. I need to get an HRM for when I'm playing Call of Duty on-line. My hand gets really sore from that. I wonder if I ate excessive calories if my hand muscles would get too big.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Lol. I noticed some people log their sitting at desk typing as exercise, which sort of strikes me as a bit nutty. I sit here typing most days, and certainly wouldn't consider logging it as activity.
  • JNick77
    Options
    Does Draw Something count as HIIT since I go from sitting there watching the other person draw to drawing my pictures and then back again?

Of course it does, log that *kitten*!
  • JNick77
    Options
    Lol. I noticed some people log their sitting at desk typing as exercise, which sort of strikes me as a bit nutty. I sit here typing most days, and certainly wouldn't consider logging it as activity.

Heck yeah. Somedays I log my calories burned while I'm logging my exercise calories burned. Then I have to go back and log my typing calories from the logging I just finished. Then, I have to go back and log my typing calories burned from logging the logging of the logging; it's a vicious circle.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options

That is total muscle confusion! Log it!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options

Of course it does, log that *kitten*!

Awesome! Now I can drink even more calories tonight!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Heck yeah. Somedays I log my calories burned while I'm logging my exercise calories burned. Then I have to go back and log my typing calories from the logging I just finished. Then, I have to go back and log my typing calories burned from logging the logging of the logging; it's a vicious circle.
    :love:
  • dlpoisson
    dlpoisson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I made it simple for myself. I purchased a Bodymedia Armband, wear it for a 24/7 period from time to time and see how many calories I burn in an average day. I have no desire calculate every single activity from sleeping to sitting to standing to typing to walking to cleaning, etc.
  • houstonian
    houstonian Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Not sure if OP is serious... I hope not.
  • JNick77
    Options

That is total muscle confusion! Log it!

Your Yoda profile pic gave me wood. I must go log that now. BRB
  • starryskies89
    starryskies89 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    HAHA This is hilarious! I need to log being alive, what category would that fall under?
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :drinker:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly certain I get a good burn re-pinning a zillion things on Pinterest
  • keasarge
    keasarge Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Does anybody know how many calories are burned by standing on my feet playing Angry Birds? I am standing so that's good cardio right? And my thumbs are really active, plus I get really pissed went I can't kill all of the pigs my first try so that must raise my metabolism right?

hahahah Only counts if your yelling at it to going get it fly little birdie fly! that raises your heart rate to then and improves cardio ;p
  • JNick77
    Options
    HAHA This is hilarious! I need to log being alive, what category would that fall under?

Just log it as a Jillian Michael's video, about the same.
  • JNick77
    Options

hahahah Only counts if your yelling at it to going get it fly little birdie fly! that raises your heart rate to then and improves cardio ;p

Oh and boy do I yell at those damn pigs. The real question is what do I burn by chucking my phone across the room, sprinting to go get it, and then praying that it's not broken.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    1292057360023-n1292475595998.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Not sure if OP is serious... I hope not.

You're not sure? Seriously?