Athlete's Foot... on Breasts...?

Options
I haven't seen anyone talkng about this - and, of course, I can't talk to anyone IRL about this! But I seem to be getting athlete's foot on my boobs. They are on the large size (DDs) and I keep them buttoned up tight in a bra all day. I use an exercise bra while working out and a normal bra during the other times. I can only imagine that I have the same fungus that causes athlete's foot because when I use the medicine I seem to get some relief.

Is this my imagination or has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I suppose it's possible to get a rash or infection on your chest. Are you washing your sports bra after every use? Do you change your regular bra every day? What kind of detergent do you use? Do you shower immediately after exercising?

I would suggest talking to your doctor about it - he/she will probably suggest some ointment or cream to clear it up. Keep it as dry as possible, and change & shower immediately after exercise. Also, use a new bra every day if possible and maybe switch to a "free & clear" detergent until it clears up.

Good luck!
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Sorry but my first thought was why are your breasts on the floor? lol.

I've never heard of this? Perhaps it's not athletes foot at all... get it checked
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Sorry but my first thought was why are your breasts on the floor? lol.
    Baaaa haaaaa haaaaa. Seriously, Camille I'm the same size as you and have problems with rashes etc over the past few months. Since I joined the gym really.........maybe I should stop. It comes and goes and the one time I wen to the doctor there was nothing to see. I see nappy rash powder (soaks up the moisture) and anti chaffing cream and it works for a while then stops. Sweating at the gym makes it 100% worse. So I don't have answer but I do sympathise. I'm hoping the issue will just disappear as I lose weight and have less boobage.
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Fwiw I am also the same cup size as you. I do get rashes where the fat touches each other. This happens more often in the summer when I am sweating a lot (also happens when I'm working out hard).

I wouldn't bother with anti chaffing creams as they are expensive. Use some deoderant down there and it works to dry it up and prevent future rashes.
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    That's probably a good idea to change exercises bras for every workout. I don't currently do that - laziness I suppose! My husband thinks it's pretty nasty and maybe he's right.

Yes, walking around on your boobs all day is pretty tough! HA HA
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I would defiantly see a doctor! Gotta protect the ta-tas!
  • Damnityell
    Damnityell Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I believe that Athlete's foot and yeast infections are basically the same fungai. Or at least that's what my doctor said. I would pick up some of the over the counter foot cream and try some of that. Are you letting your girls out at night to breath?

**Edit - I'm also big breasted DDD and I've gotten a similar like rash inbetween my breasts and that's what my doctor had me do. It' was during the summer when it was over 100 out.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Heat rash?
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    26272441.jpg
  • SashThompson
    SashThompson Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Even if it isn't actual athletes foot using the same cream will help clear it if it is some kind of fungal infection. I've just found a small patch of ringworm on my tummy and my doctor told me to use athletes foot cream to clear it up.
  • newata
    newata Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have a large chest also (DDD's) and I also have eczema so my skin is real prone to rashes. I often get irritated spots between my breast or right under that area and it will be bright red and itch like no other. A friend mentioned using diaper rash cream and it helps it clear right up for me. Good Luck!
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    definitely see a doctor, after all thats what they are there for !

as for sweating as a UK 34FF/G I find actually spraying deodorant can help (gotta pick em up and spray under and around- also down cleavage ) :P haha (but not too much !)
  • jaj68
    jaj68 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    hey there. I feel your pain. What I have heard of others doing to get rid of the itchy red rash is to get some antifungal foot cream or spray....or even the powder. Treat with the powder ahead of time...and after showers or workouts....use the cream or spray.

I don't know if it is the same thing...really the fungus thing...but women in nursing homes suffer from rashes a lot under neath the "ladies"

If the antifungal stuff doesn't work....swallow the embarrasment (since it is calorie free) and visit your doctor.
    good luck to you.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    TMI... on Internets...?

lol sorry I had too! and i hope you find a solution...
  • cal_73
    Options
    I got jock itch from using one of those bath puff things - turns out they are a breeding ground for it (and athlete's foot which is the same fungus).
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I actually just talked to my Doc about this yesterday at an ob visit. She mentioned it being a yeast infection and gave me prescription to help in clear up because for me I have this issue a lot during the summer.
  • kodom_123
    kodom_123 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen anyone talkng about this - and, of course, I can't talk to anyone IRL about this! But I seem to be getting athlete's foot on my boobs. They are on the large size (DDs) and I keep them buttoned up tight in a bra all day. I use an exercise bra while working out and a normal bra during the other times. I can only imagine that I have the same fungus that causes athlete's foot because when I use the medicine I seem to get some relief.

Is this my imagination or has anyone else experienced this?

Yes...you can get an infection on the brests...but more than likely it's a yeast infection. I used to get them ALL the time on my brests. I usually got them only while prego. But it burns and hurts!!
    Although athlete's foot is a fungus and the meds for it are an anti-fungal cream...the only thing I can think of related to athlete's foot that you can get else where and use the same cream for it is ring worm.
    If it is a yeast infection you should use monostat cream (vaginal yeast infection cream) and keep it as dry as possible. the anti-fungal cream may be just working enough to keep the itching etc down. But if it isn't getting rid of it...try the monostat..that should do the trick..it will minimize the itching and kill the yeast ;)
  • toledochic
    toledochic Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes you can. It's probably a yeast. They like dark, moist ares. I'm a DD and I get them too!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Yeah it is a yeast issue and very common.

Keep clean and dry, A & D and Vaginal Yeast cremes can help but the best thing is to call the doctor, they can order you a powder that is much much better than anything over the counter.

Good luck!!!
  • possibri
    possibri Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Probably Candida overgrowth from heat of being enclosed in the bra all day. I highly recommend tea tree oil topically, as that helped me get rid of my cutaneous (on the skin) candida infection. I also started taking oregano oil (ingested) twice daily, or you could do a teaspoon of turmeric twice daily, to help fight the overgrowth as well. Use the tea tree oil after your shower, and then once more before bed. It will help kill the fungus. Once it's gone, you can keep it away by using something like Gold Bond Medicated Powder to keep the area dry!

Hang in there, cutaneous candida can be a serious pain in the *kitten*, and quite embarrassing, but finding ways to manage it is empowering and usually shows noticeable signs of improvement after about 24 hours. =]