Logging Calories Burned Playing Angry Birds

Options

Replies

• marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Lol. I noticed some people log their sitting at desk typing as exercise, which sort of strikes me as a bit nutty. I sit here typing most days, and certainly wouldn't consider logging it as activity.

My full time job is data entry, so I literally spend 40 hours a week sitting at a desk and typing, but it never even occurred to me to count that as "exercise." ...and people wonder why they're not losing weight...sheesh
  • tasha_24
    Options
    How much do you think I burned typing this forum post? :laugh:
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I don't like to overestimate my burns, so if I were you, I'd probably only log it as 1 million cals. I know it's an underestimate, but you can never be too careful.
  • sfgonzales
    sfgonzales Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I was wondering, how many calories do I burn picking my nose?? ANYONE KNOW???
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Breathing!!! Beathing has to count for something!!!!
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

I think it depends on how vigorously you are digging!!!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I think you can log it under interval training
  • tasha_24
    Options
    I don't like to overestimate my burns, so if I were you, I'd probably only log it as 1 million cals. I know it's an underestimate, but you can never be too careful.

Thanks dont wanna log to much incase I gain! :tongue:
  • sfgonzales
    sfgonzales Posts: 110 Member
    Options

I think it depends on how vigorously you are digging!!!

Oh, it's very vigorous!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    So I just scrolled my mouse through 3 pages of this post - and my eyeballs were all over the page trying to remember the new games I should start playing to get higher calorie burns - yah - got my burn for the day sorted - thanks OP!!
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    1292057360023-n1292475595998.jpg

They're guys??!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    How much do you think I burned typing this forum post?

Probably not as many as you do posing with that great smile of yours. :love:

It depends on a couple variables. Obviously how long are you doing it for? Then which or how many fingers are involved? If it's just the pinkie it's probably not much but if you have to get the middle finger involved then you're really burning stuff-up. Log that *kitten*!
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Suduko burns more than Angry Birds.
  • JNick77
    Options

Especially if you use a wooden pencil and have one of those great big pencil sharpeners with the hand crank like we had in grade school way back when. Log it!!!
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options

I do both but does it matter which I do first? Should I Sudoku before Angry Birds or the other way around? And does it matter when I do them? I like to do them first thing in the morning before breakfast but I am not sure what to do at night. Is it ok if I do them right before going to sleep?
  • JNick77
    Options

I do both but does it matter which I do first? Should I Sudoku before Angry Birds or the other way around? And does it matter when I do them? I like to do them first thing in the morning before breakfast but I am not sure what to do at night. Is it ok if I do them right before going to sleep?

If you're like me and can't do math then do Sudoku at night and that should put your right to sleep. Then do Angry Birds when you wake up and with a little nerd rage you'll be wide-awake and won't even need that morning Starbucks run.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

They're guys??!

I'm almost entirely certain they are not...

(...not that there's anything wrong with that.)
  • JNick77
    Options

They're guys??!

I'm almost entirely certain they are not...

(...not that there's anything wrong with that.)

You never know, they could be dressed in drag.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I find it helps if I game fasted. Targets the fat molecules directly to be used for brain fuel. 2.25 x the original burn since Fat calories are 9cal/gram vs 4cal/gram for carbs and you're using only fat.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    If you're like me and can't do math then do Sudoku at night and that should put your right to sleep. Then do Angry Birds when you wake up and with a little nerd rage you'll be wide-awake and won't even need that morning Starbucks run.

Hmm... since I'm a math genius, I guess I should do both in the morning under fasted conditions. Definitely Angry Birds at night would sabotage my metabolism causing me to store fat - unless I poop, of course.