Logging Calories Burned Playing Angry Birds

Options

Replies

• Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Lol. I noticed some people log their sitting at desk typing as exercise, which sort of strikes me as a bit nutty. I sit here typing most days, and certainly wouldn't consider logging it as activity.

Heck yeah. Somedays I log my calories burned while I'm logging my exercise calories burned. Then I have to go back and log my typing calories from the logging I just finished. Then, I have to go back and log my typing calories burned from logging the logging of the logging; it's a vicious circle.

I know you're taking the p*ss...but I have tears from laughing... :laugh:
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure it's:

BMR / 2 + [number of birds launched in a given round] + [number of stars earned] x [number of pigs destroyed] - [number of times your weight shifted while standing] - [number of times a round was repeated until you 3-starred the fkn thing] = calories burned
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Does anybody know how many calories are burned by standing on my feet playing Angry Birds? I am standing so that's good cardio right? And my thumbs are really active, plus I get really pissed went I can't kill all of the pigs my first try so that must raise my metabolism right?
    :huh:
  • JLand918
    Options
    Probably burns as much as sitting on your *kitten*.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of the person who once asked how many calories she burned while thinking, because goshdarnit, she had a mentally tough job!

The only difference is that she was serious.

As for me, I always log the calories I burn playing NHL 13. All of those multiple thumb movements, yelling at virtual refs, and my heart rate jumping up when I give up a breakaway have to at least burn the equivalent of a small personal pizza, right?
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    lmao....i just burned a calorie. woohoo
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    LMAO!! if you could log game playing on puter as a workout.....i would be so freakin skinny by now LOL!!
  • Seriousmom3
    Options
    I'm fairly certain I get a good burn re-pinning a zillion things on Pinterest

:laugh: me too!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    How about creeping profile pics? I wear my HRM and I KNOW my heart rate goes up.
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    How soon after a round of angry should I drink a protein shake for optimal anger absorption?
  • renamarie77
    renamarie77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    The real question is what do I burn by chucking my phone across the room, sprinting to go get it, and then praying that it's not broken.

hahahha that's totally me! lol

29452814.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Hey, wait … that means I should be logging my WoW time? After all, I'm running across a continent and fighting all sorts of bad things. DING!!
  • Ayla70
    Options
    Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.
    Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.
    Five is right out.

LOL!
  • lisaishotpink
    Options
    Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.
    Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.
    Five is right out.

Banging the halves of a coconut together surely burns enough calories. Just make sure you don't weigh the same as a duck at the end of the day or you're screwed...
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure it's:

BMR / 2 + [number of birds launched in a given round] + [number of stars earned] x [number of pigs destroyed] - [number of times your weight shifted while standing] - [number of times a round was repeated until you 3-starred the fkn thing] = calories burned

hahaha win!
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Lol. I noticed some people log their sitting at desk typing as exercise, which sort of strikes me as a bit nutty. I sit here typing most days, and certainly wouldn't consider logging it as activity.

lol no kidding... I sit and type for a living, and I would never count that as exercise!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

Heck yeah. Somedays I log my calories burned while I'm logging my exercise calories burned. Then I have to go back and log my typing calories from the logging I just finished. Then, I have to go back and log my typing calories burned from logging the logging of the logging; it's a vicious circle.

Where can I get this man a trophy for best post on a message board in the history of forums?
  • Ayla70
    Options
    How about creeping profile pics? I wear my HRM and I KNOW my heart rate goes up.

Hahaha!!!! :laugh:
  • Ayla70
    Options
    Five is right out.

Banging the halves of a coconut together surely burns enough calories. Just make sure you don't weigh the same as a duck at the end of the day or you're screwed...

My stomach hurts from laughing!!!