Where did YOU get your wedding dress?

Options
zeebruhgirl
zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
I'm preparing for my April wedding and I'm wondering where you lovely ladies got your gowns, and the prices of said gowns.

Replies

• zeebruhgirl
    Options
    bump?
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    A friend made mine - it cost about $100. Mostly, I just replied because you looked lonely here. :flowerforyou:
  • zeebruhgirl
    Options
    A friend made mine - it cost about $100. Mostly, I just replied because you looked lonely here. :flowerforyou:

I wish I knew someone with skills to make me one! haha
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I used my sister's dress. She bought it new but had taken a part time job at the boutique so she got it half off. I then paid her half of that price when I wore it. She ended up getting divorce and remarried. When she remarried it was his first marriage and they wanted a traditional ceremony with a traditional wedding dress. This time she rented a Vera Wang from *someplace* (try Googling for your area) and it only cost her about $200 to use a dress worth a LOT more. If you don't feel the need to keep the dress I'd suggest renting one.

Congrats!
  • zeebruhgirl
    Options
    Never thought of renting!
  • mama137
    mama137 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I got mine at a local boutique (upstate NY) and it cost $1300. It was worth every penny. That said I also looked at used gowns b/c I had no problem with the idea of wearing an already-worn gown. Oncewed.com has a huge selection that changes frequently, if you're looking to save a few bucks to get a killer gown!
  • boomboom011
    Options
    i went to a chain dress store. i dont like foo-foo at all and i found a very simple white gown for under $500. loved it.
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I got mine from a boutique, but it was a Casablanca dress, if that's what you're wanting to know :) It was more than I care to admit, lol, I had a customized one, so it was more expensive than usual.

I've been in 5 weddings in the past 3 years though, and the average of those ladies dresses was probably $2000.

I do know 2 ladies who ordered theirs though lightinthebox.com, it's a company in China that does knock offs. About $300-$400 a dress, but it's a big risk. They both got really lucky with theirs though.
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    I got my first one at David's Bridal. It was discontinued and it is beautiful! Bought it for $120. Well, I gained like 40 pounds. Now, hear me out, I weighed 95 pounds and my doctor said that I need to gain weight . So I weighed 135 on my wedding day. Anyway, I had to buy a second dress, which is beautiful too. check my pics, its in there. I caught mine on a store wide sale and paid $89 bucks for it.
  • n_rockey
    n_rockey Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I bought mine on Ebay. I went to our local botique to figure out exactly what style I wanted and to have them take my measurements. Then I went online to search for a knock off that was what I had liked in the store. I think I paid $150 for the dress, and another $150 for alterations (it was too long and had lace at the bottom that had to be removed and re-attached, or the alterations wouldn't have been that much).

My goal is to be able to fit back in the dress next August for our 10 year anniversary!
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I eloped in a $68 dress from Avenue. :(

However, there is this dress I love from David's Bridal that I hope to fit into when the SO and I go to Disney World next year for our honeymoon and photos!
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I got mine at an outlet store for $200. I'm glad I didn't spend a fortune on it. Your only going to wear it once anyway. My sisters spent a whole lot more on theirs. They had them professionally cleaned and packaged in those cute boxes. But when they opened them years later they were stained and useless. I would rather be enjoying the party than worrying about my dress.
  • isabel88g
    isabel88g Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I got mine at a local bridal shop for about 1500$
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    My mIL made mine, veil and all, and our wedding cake.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    bridal department of a high end department store...$1900, 16years ago...still have it, and I'm pleased to say it once again fits.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    bump?

Bump is what you use to mark someone else's post so you can come back. It will be in "My Topics" so you can easily find it. It's not necessary to put it in your own. :wink:
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    bump?

Bump is what you use to mark someone else's post so you can come back. It will be in "My Topics" so you can easily find it. It's not necessary to put it in your own. :wink:
    You can also use bump to bump your topic to the top of the posts.
    And I got my dress at David's Bridal. 350.00.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I got mine at David's Bridal. It was $925, but I had almost $300 in alterations done to customize it. I ended up trying on over 50 gowns. I wanted something that covered my arms and shoulders.

Pics:

29711_825052061985_7498855_n.jpg

44812_851989698745_2871364_n.jpg

I had the outer jacket removed after the wedding and short sleeves that buttoned into the gown to keep my shoulders covered.

45432_851989768605_1316507_n.jpg
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    Macy's Department Store -- it was bright blue and cost 80 dollars.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    From a going out of business sale for 100 bucks it was so pretty :)