Logging Calories Burned Playing Angry Birds

Options

Replies

• pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Does anybody know how many calories are burned by standing on my feet playing Angry Birds? I am standing so that's good cardio right? And my thumbs are really active, plus I get really pissed went I can't kill all of the pigs my first try so that must raise my metabolism right?

Wait, what? Standing is cardio? Seriously, people will log *anything* as cardio. Obviously, that's strength - I log standing as "upright planks." If I shift from one leg to another, "alternating upright planks."
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Hey, wait … that means I should be logging my WoW time? After all, I'm running across a continent and fighting all sorts of bad things. DING!!

At first I thought 'WoW time' was some sort of sexual innuendo

I'm not sure whether I should be ashamed at how my mind works, or proud???
  • MrsSexton2013
    MrsSexton2013 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I totally posted a Pinterest pic today.. "I don't always pin on pinterest, but when I do, I log 5,000 things at one time." That has to be a burn!
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of the person who once asked how many calories she burned while thinking, because goshdarnit, she had a mentally tough job!

The only difference is that she was serious.

As for me, I always log the calories I burn playing NHL 13. All of those multiple thumb movements, yelling at virtual refs, and my heart rate jumping up when I give up a breakaway have to at least burn the equivalent of a small personal pizza, right?

Wait.....if that works for NHL 13 then I need go back and log Monday night's football game. I was yelling at the refs and jumping up when they screwed up calls. Wonder how to count that? Total game or per quarter..
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.
    Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.
    Five is right out.

Banging the halves of a coconut together surely burns enough calories. Just make sure you don't weigh the same as a duck at the end of the day or you're screwed...

My stomach hurts from laughing!!!

BRILLIANT. Mine hurts too!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Hey, people actually log cooking and cleaning as exercise. Since they cooked and clean while gaining weight., I highly doubt it helps them loose weight.
    I dance a funny little jig every time someone on MFP writes 'loose' instead of 'lose'
    I log it as Zumba

Hear, let me help you with you're exercise strategy...in case you have something for other misused homonyms. Your welcome.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    How about creeping profile pics? I wear my HRM and I KNOW my heart rate goes up.

You're doing it wro...

...I mean, right?

:drinker:
  • purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    LOL, reminds me when my dear sis put down "flute playing, 10 minutes' as exercise. :laugh:
  • jtakingcareofherself
    Options
    This is an awesome thread. I think I burnt at least an extra 10 calories laughing!
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    HAHA! <-- runs away to log the 0.2 cals I burned typing that!
  • eecruzmd
    eecruzmd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I must log laughing hillariously at this post as an activity for tonight. I think I burned 150 cals

I won't forget to log my typing lmao :laugh:
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    LOL, reminds me when my dear sis put down "flute playing, 10 minutes' as exercise. :laugh:

And one time at band camp, ...
  • Tsunami79
    Tsunami79 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Based on this thread, I need to log in the many hours I have been spending today putting a puzzle together, and not to mention my game playing on an almost daily basis.

I would be very skinny right now if this was true.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    what about calories burned cooking and eating? surely i burn calories from chewing my food and standing over a hot stove. i could be missing out on eating 300+ more calories!!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    How about creeping profile pics? I wear my HRM and I KNOW my heart rate goes up.

You're doing it wro...

...I mean, right?

:drinker:

About Fappin time someone got that. :smokin:
  • jonibc
    jonibc Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You must be joking.
    :smile:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    You must be joking.
    :smile:

Eh, he seems remarkably serious to me.
  • GrandmaPeridow
    GrandmaPeridow Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I play World of Warcraft (WoW) too! DING!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    Options
    One time my grandma walked in while I was playing angry birds and hear me yelling "WHY WON'T YOU JUST DIE YOU STUPID PIG" and I know I got a killer burn when she was about to kick my butt for playing a cop killing game!
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    I must log laughing hillariously at this post as an activity for tonight. I think I burned 150 cals

I won't forget to log my typing lmao :laugh:

LOL!!!!! This ^^^^