• 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    It's not water.

it's mostly water
  • 76tech
    Options
    The alcohol increases the wetness of the water, so definitely add 2 oz. Therefore, if you have an 8 oz drink, count 10 oz of water.
    I'd love to hear the science behind this ;-)

I read it on the Internets.
    I believe you're confusing the effect alcohol has in breaking down of the surface tension of water (making water wetter), with somehow creating an increase in volume (dietary wetness).
    It would be cool if a shot of what you fancy did increase the hydrating effect of water.

i wish this applied to me. but, since i like dry alcohols, i have to log less volume than i actually consume. i'm sad.
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Don't be a pansy. Drink your liquor straight, Ben :tongue:

^^ This
  • RiverManUK
    RiverManUK Posts: 35 Member
    Options

You no, I do not half to take this! We are all hear for the same thing and if you can't show sipport, then don't respond to me!

I read it on the INTERNETS!!!

I appear to have made you angry, for that I apologise. I believed I was offering support by dispelling a myth that, if followed through, would be detrimental to your calorie count.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

You no, I do not half to take this! We are all hear for the same thing and if you can't show sipport, then don't respond to me!

I read it on the INTERNETS!!!

I appear to have made you angry, for that I apologise. I believed I was offering support by dispelling a myth that, if followed through, would be detrimental to your calorie count.

You're on my list, buddy.
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Um.... water gets logged as water! Anything else should be logged as what it is! So if you have a rum and coke and mixed together it's 8oz then log it as how much rum you used and how much coke you used. You cant count it as water intake!
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Um.... water gets logged as water! Anything else should be logged as what it is! So if you have a rum and coke and mixed together it's 8oz then log it as how much rum you used and how much coke you used. You cant count it as water intake!

Exactly what I was thinking.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I was sitting here drinking a glass of water while eating some gummy bears thinking about this water/no water problem...hmm

I guess the pure cool water I drank counts and I have to figure out the calories on the gummy bears.

The Ginger Ale also counts as water...I mean, what's the difference?

But if you drink ice water while eating gummy bears, do the negative calories from the ice water negate the eating of the gummies? Hmmm..
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i dont count anything other then straight plain water. if i have a mixed drink i dont count that towards the total at all.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Tea is made of a teabag and water.

If I put the teabag in the water, discard it and then drink the tea it is not water. If I eat the teabag and then drink the water after, it is still water.

I eat all my teabags now.

True Fact.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I was sitting here drinking a glass of water while eating some gummy bears thinking about this water/no water problem...hmm

I guess the pure cool water I drank counts and I have to figure out the calories on the gummy bears.

The Ginger Ale also counts as water...I mean, what's the difference?

But if you drink ice water while eating gummy bears, do the negative calories from the ice water negate the eating of the gummies? Hmmm..

Yes. But the Gummy Bears have sugar and are not pure water. So if you eat Gummy Bears while drinking water, you can't count the water because the Gummy Bears changed the molecules and it isn't water anymore. That's scientific fact.
  • Jojo1859
    Jojo1859 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've never thought of anything as water unless it's water. Even diet anything is going to have some kind of artificial sweetener that's going to dehydrate you. And alcohol of any kind whether it's "dry" or not will dehydrate you. Nothing is going to hydrate you like water, so don't log it as water unless that's what it really is.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options

If I put the teabag in the water, discard it and then drink the tea it is not water. If I eat the teabag and then drink the water after, it is still water.

True Fact.

I don't think you know what tea-bagging is.

Ok, drinking pure water will kill you outright, so don't do it. You will get osmosis shock and start leaking out of your organs! Don't try it. so that being the case, you really need to cut the water with some other form of liquid.

so I mean C6H12O6 + 2 ADP + 2 Pi + 2 NAD+ → 2 CH3COCOO− + 2 ATP + 2 NADH + 2 H2O + 2H+

and C6H12O6 + C6H12O6 → C12H22O11 + H2O

so IrCl3(H2O)3 + 3 P(C6H5)3 + HCON(CH3)2 + C6H5NH2 → IrCl(CO)[P(C6H5)3]2 + [(CH3)2NH2]Cl + OP(C6H5)3 + [C6H5NH3]Cl + 2 H2O

That right there spells out why you should count the drink as 10 oz of water.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    For reference, I personally only log water/crystal light/splenda kool aid/mio as "water". If I mix any of those or any other diet beverage with alcohol then I count those in my food tracker on their own. I don't drink much soda in general (diet or otherwise) so I've never bothered counting diet soda as a "water".
  • Oh_Em_Jayyy
    Oh_Em_Jayyy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Since when would alcohol and a mixer count as water? Is it b/c it has water in it? By that logic you should count stalks of celery, watermelon, etc towards your water consumption. Don't try to cheat it: count only water as your water.
  • Oh_Em_Jayyy
    Oh_Em_Jayyy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've never thought of anything as water unless it's water. Even diet anything is going to have some kind of artificial sweetener that's going to dehydrate you. And alcohol of any kind whether it's "dry" or not will dehydrate you. Nothing is going to hydrate you like water, so don't log it as water unless that's what it really is.

Amen
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

True Fact.

you said teabag . . . not once, but 4 times . . . and then you ate it. LOL!
  • 76tech
    Options
    Since when would alcohol and a mixer count as water? Is it b/c it has water in it? By that logic you should count stalks of celery, watermelon, etc towards your water consumption.

Then how much water should I log for celery and watermelon? What if the celery is in a bloody mary?
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

True Fact.

Do you count the calories of the bag? Do you remove the string attached before you eat it and if not, how many calories would that add?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

True Fact.

Do you count the calories of the bag? Do you remove the string attached before you eat it and if not, how many calories would that add?

can you log the stapler under "iron"