I'm a size 1? When did this happen?!?!

Options

Replies

• newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5". This is the smallest I've ever been. Well, discounting the fact that I was once a toddler....

wow that is great! you must have a low body fat percentage...
  • netgrrl
    netgrrl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sizes seems to be all over the place these days, especially with so many designers doing "vanity sizing" that I don't pay much attention to it anymore.

My real aha moment was when I realized that at age 54, I was smaller than I had been when I was 25. That feels great.
  • Colonel_Brandon
    Colonel_Brandon Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    That is amazing, and inspirational. Soooooooooo happy for for for experiencing this helluva NSV.

Wow.

You should do before and after pics!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I started out with A LOT of cardio... It's all I did. I was on 1200cals/day and was I doing Zumba and Body Pump (alternated every other day) before work, and running 2-4 miles after work each day... Once I hit 24lbs lost, I started weight training mainly. Lifting really heavy. My brother is a football player and he's always been in the "lift heavy stuff" state of mind so he got me going in the weight room. I honestly LOVE it. I look forward to going to the gym and lifting. All the cardio I do now is 10-15 mins of HIIT style running on a treadmill after my lifting set each day.
  • bcf7683
    Options
    That is amazing, and inspirational. Soooooooooo happy for for for experiencing this helluva NSV.

Wow.

You should do before and after pics!

I wish I would've done a before pic! I didn't think I'd come this far so I didn't really think I needed one. I honestly dodged the camera every time I saw one before, so most of my before pics aren't that telling. lol
  • Sweetdistraction
    Sweetdistraction Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I wear a size 1/2 in aeropostale jeans, but whenever Im bloated and have to wear my 3/4s I feel like the biggest cow in the world. Congrats!
  • Cortln
    Options
    That's great! You've really got me motivated now! :)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Yes that happened to me last year. I'm the smallest I've ever been in my life and I didn't reach it until age 50. The smallest I'd ever been before was size 8, yet I got down to a size 2.

It's funny because I've lived my life over weight and because I worked out so hard everyone thought I had big bones. Once I lost all the fat I realized how tiny I really am. I have strong bones from lifting, but they are not big, they are dense (DXA showed my 51.5 year old bones are the same as a super fit 30 year old. If that isn't scientific proof that lifting weights keeps you young I don't know what is) Most women who are short like me, once they lose the weight they will find they are tiny too. We pretty much have close to the same body structure once the fat is gone (based on height).

Although my muscles are not big (girls just don't get big, no matter how much we lift, we don't have the hormones for it) I have too much muscle for most skinny jeans though, plus I'm sort, only 5'1"

And yes the profile picture is really me! LOL
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Think size 3 would be kids size clothing? I sometimes buy girls stuff age 12-14 :laugh:
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congratulations on your achievement :D
    I hope to someday accomplish this with a size 10/12! Thank you for your inspiration :D

*I am 5'9", I don't anticipate I will ever be smaller than a size 10/12, which is fine with me seeing as I am a 22/24 now.
  • bcf7683
    Options
    That is awesome. Yes that happened to me last year. I'm the smallest I've ever been in my life and I didn't reach it until age 50. The smallest I'd ever been before was size 8, yet I got down to a size 2.

It's funny because I've lived my life over weight and because I worked out so hard everyone thought I had big bones. Once I lost all the fat I realized how tiny I really am. I have strong bones from lifting, but they are not big, they are dense (DXA showed my 51.5 year old bones are the same as a super fit 30 year old. If that isn't scientific proof that lifting weights keeps you young I don't know what is) Most women who are short like me, once they lose the weight they will find they are tiny too. We pretty much have close to the same body structure once the fat is gone (based on height).

Although my muscles are not big (girls just don't get big, no matter how much we lift, we don't have the hormones for it) I have too much muscle for most skinny jeans though, plus I'm sort, only 5'1"

And yes the profile picture is really me! LOL

Hahaha- I have the same problem with skinny jeans. I have to buy them to fit my thighs, not my waist. I usually have to go up a size in skinnies to fit my legs. Another odd problem.
  • tracyjoys
    tracyjoys Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV (non-scale victory)!!! It will take your mind a bit to catch up/adjust to your new size. Own it - you earned it!
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Think size 3 would be kids size clothing? I sometimes buy girls stuff age 12-14 :laugh:
    I think odd sizes are considered Juniors even sizes are Womens. I've tried figuring it out before so I usually just say I'm a size 7/8 instead of choosing one or the other. Some times even the clothing will say its both. My friend has a pair of a pants that read 1/2.. she was like "when did they start making half sizes?" I had to inform her that it was a size 1 and 2 depending reading it as juniors or womens. I try not to look too deep into it.. it either fits or it doesn't.
  • MMKE4ever
    MMKE4ever Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Congrats!! :flowerforyou:
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I was once tiny but then the babies came, bad 30 year marriage, depression and the list goes on...... I would be happy to fit into a 10 comfortably again and believe me when I say at 59 the journey is harder.
    I AM SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!! GIVES ME HOPE!!!!!!!
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I had that feeling when I fit into a size 8... not no 1.. but I'm still pretty happy about it ;)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options

It is! LOL. I have to shop in the juniors section sometimes. Never in my life would I image that this would happen, shopping in the juniors section at age 51! LOL! Cute stuff over there BTW and much less expensive.
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to work out what that is in UK sizes lol. Well done anyhoo.
    It would be a size 3.....
  • bcf7683
    Options
    I wear a size 1/2 in aeropostale jeans, but whenever Im bloated and have to wear my 3/4s I feel like the biggest cow in the world. Congrats!

Haha... I still have the "UGH" days too when I just feel like wearing a pair of jeans that are loose- the size 2 jeans feel like plastic wrap. I think it just comes with being a girl...
  • MelanieNeal24
    Options
    I started out with A LOT of cardio... It's all I did. I was on 1200cals/day and was I doing Zumba and Body Pump (alternated every other day) before work, and running 2-4 miles after work each day... Once I hit 24lbs lost, I started weight training mainly. Lifting really heavy. My brother is a football player and he's always been in the "lift heavy stuff" state of mind so he got me going in the weight room. I honestly LOVE it. I look forward to going to the gym and lifting. All the cardio I do now is 10-15 mins of HIIT style running on a treadmill after my lifting set each day.

How long did you usually do cardio for each day?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!