Does rain water count towards my 8 glasses of H20?

Options

Replies

• Bex2Bslim
    Bex2Bslim Posts: 1,092
    Options
    We didn't want to have to say this, but...

it was a joke.

We're laughing with, not at.

Yes, you are right. It was just a joke. It was a joke to all of you. It is not a joke to the obese/overweight person that is that way because they are not educated on nutrition. It was a legitamate question for them. Some thing they never realized they would be made fun of for asking. You all are grown *kitten* people that find pleasure in making fun of people. Bullies aren't just kids... they grow up to be adults that go on thinking making fun of people is "just a joke".

I complete agree, except you are missing the point... The person that started this thread was the one having fun, and well done to you for falling for it... :drinker:
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options

it was a joke.

Yes, you are right. It was just a joke. It was a joke to all of you. It is not a joke to the obese/overweight person that is that way because they are not educated on nutrition. It was a legitamate question for them. Some thing they never realized they would be made fun of for asking. You all are grown *kitten* people that find pleasure in making fun of people. Bullies aren't just kids... they grow up to be adults that go on thinking making fun of people is "just a joke".

Wow, do you find any joy in ANYTHING? Are you telling me you've never taken the piss out of a friend who said something daft? It's not important what is said, it is the intent that matters. And no one here means any ill so unbunch your panties sweetheart
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options

it was a joke.

I complete agree, except you are missing the point... The person that started this thread was the one having fun, and well done to you for falling for it... :drinker:

Yes, I know that the OP was not really asking this question. It was posted to make fun of the people that ask, what you all feel are stupid, questions about water intake.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options

it was a joke.

O.o
    Derailed_thread_by_StareOfGreed.jpg
  • stephanieb72
    Options

it was a joke.

Wow, do you find any joy in ANYTHING? Are you telling me you've never taken the piss out of a friend who said something daft? It's not important what is said, it is the intent that matters. And no one here means any ill so unbunch your panties sweetheart

Again.. making fun of other people is what you find fun and amusing. Carry on so you can feel better about yourself. That is fine. My panties are not in a bunch and don't call me sweetheart.
  • nettersaurus
    Options

it was a joke.

Did you personally talk to the person that started this thread and ask if they were upset by people's posts? If a thread is started in fun, the intention is to make people smile. No one is intentionally commenting to hurt anyone's feelings. You, however, are intentionally pooping on the party.
  • 3shirts
    Options

Again.. making fun of other people is what you find fun and amusing. Carry on so you can feel better about yourself. That is fine. My panties are not in a bunch and don't call me sweetheart.

I don't know why I'm engaging you, you joyless curmudgeon, but 'making fun' of someone is NOT the same as bullying them and you shouldn't be so cavalier the use of that word. Bullying is a campaign of abuse not a few jokes aimed at no particular person.

I bet you get offended a lot don't you?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

it was a joke.

Do you feel better about yourself yet? Like you've done your part to make the world a better place? I sure hope so. (Give yourself a gold star from me for your efforts.)

Meanwhile, people are probably going to continue posting things that they find humorous in this particular section of MFP. Much of it will probably be related to "serious questions" they have noticed in the other sections. You might consider avoiding this section if that type of humor bothers you.

Or alternatively, you can report the posts and expedite their inevitable demise. That seems to be the MFP norm.
  • stephanieb72
    Options

it was a joke.

Did you personally talk to the person that started this thread and ask if they were upset by people's posts? If a thread is started in fun, the intention is to make people smile. No one is intentionally commenting to hurt anyone's feelings. You, however, are intentionally pooping on the party.

I know this thread was started "all in fun" and I know the OP was not really asking this question. I get tired of seeing the same questions asked on forums. I get tired of all the misinformation that gets posted. I know sometimes the questions asked seem ridiculous but people are here for help.They are asking because they don't know. Making fun of people for asking questions shouldn't be your source of fun.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I accidentally peed on myself......Does that count towards my 8 oz of H2O

Were you wearing a stilth suit?
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options

it was a joke.

^^What he said.
  • stephanieb72
    Options

it was a joke.

Do you feel better about yourself yet? Like you've done your part to make the world a better place? I sure hope so. (Give yourself a gold star from me for your efforts.)

Meanwhile, people are probably going to continue posting things that they find humorous in this particular section of MFP. Much of it will probably be related to "serious questions" they have noticed in the other sections. You might consider avoiding this section if that type of humor bothers you.

Or alternatively, you can report the posts and expedite their inevitable demise. That seems to be the MFP norm.

So please make sure when one of your kids comes to you and says that kids are making fun of them, you tell your kid.... hey it is all in fun. Tell your kid that being made fun of is actually humorous.
  • lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Raccoon-Playing-With-Water-Sprinkler.gif

I like to imagine that the racoon is playing an instrument. The magical water harp. And he is an ARTIST.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    What a dumb question... Why would you even need to ask!? OF COURSE you can count it toward your daily water intake. Why wouldn't you be able to? Durrrr.

FISH ON!!!!!
  • 3shirts
    Options

it was a joke.

So please make sure when one of your kids comes to you and says that kids are making fun of them, you tell your kid.... hey it is all in fun. Tell your kid that being made fun of is actually humorous.

You know what? I will. I'll make sure it wasn't nasty or hurtful and then teach them that a bit of gentle ribbing is part of how humans bond. I'll do this because I don't want them to grow up like you.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

it was a joke.

You say that as if I haven't already had to deal with this with my children...as if I haven't taught my children the distinction between "good fun" and "bullying", between "making fun of someone" and "finding humor in everyday life". But I've also taught them that "appropriateness" and "humor" are not dependent on the other, only that they need to consider their audience. (As somewhat of an example, I do not allow any swearing whatsoever in my house. I don't do it, and I don't let my kids do it. However, if they have a joke that needs a curse word to be funny, and they believe it is significantly funny enough to justify use of the word, I won't punish them for it. But I do remind them to consider carefully if they are certain of the funny level.)

But don't let that stop you from your own righteous crusade. We all have battles that we believe are worth fighting. This is clearly one of yours.
  • nettersaurus
    Options

it was a joke.

I know this thread was started "all in fun" and I know the OP was not really asking this question. I get tired of seeing the same questions asked on forums. I get tired of all the misinformation that gets posted. I know sometimes the questions asked seem ridiculous but people are here for help.They are asking because they don't know. Making fun of people for asking questions shouldn't be your source of fun.

Just some thoughts if things like this bother you so badly:

1. Stay away from the posts that you're tired of seeing. You don't read them, you don't get upset.

2. As suggested before by jofjltncb6: "You might consider avoiding this section if that type of humor bothers you".

3. If someone had a legitimate question, most people in the MFP community are pretty supportive and will genuinely want to help and will answer accordingly. The poster will also post in a different section than this one.

4. No one is making fun of the original poster. Making fun and joining the fun are two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT things.

5. "What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul" ~Yiddish Proverb

6. You're far too serious, try smiling a little more.
  • stephanieb72
    Options
    I do stay away from the posts, I do not feel compelled to make a comment to make somebody feel stupid. I am not a very serious person and I smile a lot. I am not on a righteous crusade and I find joy in lots of stuff. I have a great sense of humor but I don't feel the need to be humorous at the expense of other peoples feelings. To me, that is not funny. To me, humor is funny and not hurtful. Basically you all are saying that as long as it is funny to you, who cares who it hurts. Whatever makes you feel good about yourself.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

it was a joke.

You say that as if I haven't already had to deal with this with my children...as if I haven't taught my children the distinction between "good fun" and "bullying", between "making fun of someone" and "finding humor in everyday life". But I've also taught them that "appropriateness" and "humor" are not dependent on the other, only that they need to consider their audience. (As somewhat of an example, I do not allow any swearing whatsoever in my house. I don't do it, and I don't let my kids do it. However, if they have a joke that needs a curse word to be funny, and they believe it is significantly funny enough to justify use of the word, I won't punish them for it. But I do remind them to consider carefully if they are certain of the funny level.)

But don't let that stop you from your own righteous crusade. We all have battles that we believe are worth fighting. This is clearly one of yours.

For example, when my dyslexia kicks in and this guy says "or rampant even" I laugh. I could get all butt sore, but I happen to have a sense of humor, for things like that I generally say "you're just lucky I tossed in some vowels." On the other hand someone who knows I'm dyxlexic and gets butt hurt over such things could come back in attack him for going after the girl with the disability . . . ffs, it's all in good fun. Now if he said "you're dumb and you can spell for **** what are you even doing on the interwebz" he and I may have a discussion about that (but now that I put it out there when he does say that to me this or next week I'll laugh my *kitten* off).

Context is everything. I'd also like to point out that sometimes when you're the only one with a problem it may not be a bad idea to consider that you are the problem.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Only if you took a shower longer than 10 min today, so your pores are open which allows the rainwater to be absorbed through your skin. I hardly ever drink water anymore, I get my 8 glasses a day by soaking my feet in a bowl at night while I sleep.