green tea??

Options
What are your thoughts on green tea???

Replies

• erobinson90
    Options
    goes anyone have anything to say about it?
  • Colli78
    Colli78 Posts: 135
    Options
    There are all kinds of studies on the benefits of green tea. Some people believe that it actually boosts your metabolism. Not really sure I buy into that, but I like the flavor of it, so I drink a ton of it every day, iced and hot. Tea is very beneficial to the body anyway, so if you enjoy the taste, drink up! Plus, it helps with your water consumption for the day and also can help with water weight.
  • Fit_Vixen
    Options
    I hear good things about it. I love it & any other tea. But they have to be decaf. I can't handle caffeine :/
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I love my green tea. I drink some every day. I don't add anything to it, as I love it 'as is'. But I get the loose leaf tea - it tastes so much better than the stuff in bags.

As to health benefits? I haven't got a clue - but it sure tastes good, and it's not adding a pile of empty calories, so I'm happy.
  • mouser24
    Options
    i hate the taste of green tea but there are so many studys on it that make it out to be like a wonder drug so i make tea with one bag of green tea and a bag of something else like black tea.
  • PibblesRun
    PibblesRun Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I like green tea, as for it boosting your metabolism and aiding in weight loss I cant say ive noticed a huge difference, BUT it does have so many antioxidant properties that is a good health benifit! Cant hurt right????
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    they make green tea pills as well...i take 4 every day and they give me energy :) if u dont like the taste id suggest these!!!
  • xoMeaghan
    Options
    It's delicious. With honey. :bigsmile:

If you were asking about if it helps with weight loss - only if you drink it often. Like 1-2 cups a day. It helps flush out your system, but it's not the ONLY thing that can help. You also have to watch what you eat, you can't just expect the green tea to do everything for you. There's also other foods and drinks that help within the system of your body. Google :drinker:
  • danimal5867
    Options
    I love it. It is my primary drink. I brew my own at home. They are so many great flavor profiles to choose from. And yes, you really are better off brewing your own. When you brew your own, you control how it is sweetened and you won't get any excess sodium added into your diet.
  • dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I definitely notice that I lose more weight and fluctuate less when I'm drinking a couple of cups of tea (herbal, green, or black; doesn't seem to make a difference what type) every day. Plus, I love all kinds of tea.

I do notice that when I drink a lot of black tea, I feel like my blood sugar is really low, so if you have issues with low blood sugar, I would stick with herbal or green.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I've drank it on & off for years. Currently I am drinking it daily instead of coffee. Plus unsweetened tea is calorie free, gives me some caffeine and warms me up in my drafty office.

There are plenty of anti-oxidents in tea. It's good if you feel sick, run down etc.

I only drink one mug but I just read recently if you drink 5 servings daily it is supposed to help with body fat. I believe I read it in either Food Network or Rachael Ray magazine but I could be wrong. I read so many books, magazines and articles that I often forget where I read it. It was based on a recent study.

I do miss my morning coffee though... tea doesn't fill me up like coffee does so then I end up having a morning snack most days!
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    This is my own experience, and it could be a fluke, but I weigh myself every day. I notice that I am more likely to have lost a little weight if I drank a green tea the day before than if I didn't. I'm in no way an expert, that's just a pattern I've noticed with myself.

Even if it doesn't have any metabolic benefits, green tea is incredibly good for you, and it is thought to reduce the risk of cancer and other diseases. I don't really like the taste of green tea by itself, so I usually get the kind that has fruit in it (like blueberry! delicious).
  • SpiritRockBernie
    Options
    Green Tea is awesome. it contains a lot of antioxidants and phytochemicals that can benefit your body. I'm not sure about boosting your metabolism, but every little bit counts I suppose. I contains caffeine, but it also contains theanine which keeps you calm, so you have an alertness that you don't have with coffee, and you don't get a caffeine crash you get with coffee. These go for the other teas such as white, oolong, and I think even black tea.

Other herbal teas which don't contain caffeine but are supposed to be good for you are rooibos, honeybush, and ginger tea.

All of these drinks are worth trying.
  • pamsad
    pamsad Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My nephew told me when he was in Medical School to drink LOTS of green tea - it has so many antioxidants - it is truly the Wonder drug! I like to make it Iced after I brew it because I do not like the taste of it hot - when it is iced you can add honey or anything else you would like for flavor...

:drinker:
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I love green tea.
  • VeggieloverLilly
    Options
    Yes, love love love green tea. I supresses my appetite too.
  • bertoliniracing
    Options
    It is one of the few things that just about everyone seems to agree helps with weight loss. I have decided to drink a glass everyday.
  • TiffanyyNicole
    Options
    Green tea is amazing! I drink the one with blackberry and pomegranate. Don't drink any other kind of tea anymore because I've been told it's bad for your kidneys. But I tried green tea and fell in love with it. Especially the superfruit. Don't know if it helps with weight loss or anything though.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I don't like the taste but I do put it on my face as a natural toner
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    i like it because i hate drinking water and its how i get some extra water in. i think it also wakes me up and helps me to move around more.