:smile: bump
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • mlouise143
    mlouise143 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Someone posted a recipe for sweet potato burritos very recently and it looked delish!
  • katiemck12345
    Options
    Sweet potatoes taste DELICIOUS when topped with some sauteed onions and cooked corn! Especially if the onions are sauteed with garlic. Try eating that with a salad. It's a low calorie and deliciously flavorful meal :)
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I bake them whole then cut in half while hot and add coconut oil (teaspoon) cinnamon, pumpkin spices and a drizzle of maple syrup.. voila dessert is served

I tried this one and it was DELISH! I want to try the Hasslebach recipe next. Loving this thread!!!!!
  • DebGoepfert
    Options
    Brown 1 lb pork sausage, fresh ground. Season with herbs and spices. Remove that from pan and add diced sweet potato (I dice up 2 - 3) and saute until tender.

Add pork to the potatoes. Make 5 - 6 wells in the mixture and crack an egg in each well, cover and cook until egg is at desired doneness.

I love this, as it makes for a whole family, or as meals for the upcoming week ahead. Keeps in frig and can nuke to reheat over the lunch hour.
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I stab them and bake them and eat them plain!
  • gloriapiz55
    gloriapiz55 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Bump! Love sweet potatoes
  • OdeToEmma
    OdeToEmma Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sweet Potato Chili

3 medium sweet potatoes
    1 can of black beans (500 ml)
    1 large can of diced tomatoes (800 ml)
    1 pkg of low sodium taco seasoning (I usually on use 1/2 or 3/4 of the package)
    Sour Cream, salsa and guacamole
    You can add onions (if you want to make it disgusting)
    Spinach (optional: bed for chili)

Boil the coarsely-diced sweet potatoes until they are starting to get soft and can easily be pierced with a fork. Drain beans and tomatoes. Add beans, tomatoes and 1/2 package of taco seasoning. Let simmer for five to seven minutes.
    Add chili to a bed of spinach. Top with sour cream, salsa and/or guacamole (optional). I also sometimes add crumbled up taco chips on top.
  • adamcheck
    adamcheck Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sweet Potatoe and Butternut squash soup.
    Throw in some onions, garlic and thyme.... blitz it all together, lush
  • streicl
    Options
    I make a simple sweet potato oatmeal - i use 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 cup almond milk (or any milk i guess) some vanilla extract, cinnamon and a packet of truvia. i cut and peel the sweet potato, cube it and boil it for about 10-15 mins and then drain, then I cook oatmeal and milk separately, adding the cinnamon and vanilla to that, then mashing in the sweet potato and adding the truvia to taste. I also add sliced almonds on top and more cinnamon. This isnt that sweet of a recipe, but is really good.
  • jadegem_2002
    jadegem_2002 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Home fries in the oven . leave skin on olive oil saltpepper and garlic powder. bake
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Bake for 1 hr
    Eat
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe the other day and tried them out on Tuesday Night. Very yummy!

Easy Low-Fat Baked Sweet Potato Fries. If you're craving a high-fat and salty treat like fast food French fries, try this recipe for healthier baked sweet potato fries. Baked sweet potato fries are much lower in fat than a deep-fried version and are very quick to prepare. Kids will love these baked fries as well.
    Ingredients:

3 large sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 tsp cumin
    dash cayenne pepper
    1/4 tsp paprika
    1/2 tsp salt or seasoned salt

Preparation:
    Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.

In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients until potatoes are evenly coated with oil and spices. (I used a large zip-loc bag)

Place potatoes on a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, or until done.

I really like to eat these plain, but you could serve with ketchup, a ranch dressing dip or barbecue sauce. Enjoy your baked sweet potato fries!
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Just peel, slice and eat. They taste almost like a carrot when raw.
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I like to bake them, scoop out the insides, add a little butter or natural yoghurt, bacon, onions and top with a little cheese!

Or wedges with some jerk seasonings, very tasty!

Also boil them till they're soft and add them to an omelette!
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I stumbled on this while trying to find something yummy to do w/ quinoa...

•1 cup quinoa, uncooked
    •2 cups vegetable broth or water
    •1 sweet potato, baked and diced
    •1 red bell pepper, diced
    •2 tbsp olive oil
    •1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
    •2 tbsp lemon juice
    •salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:

Simmer the quinoa in the vegetable broth about 10 to 15 minutes, or until water is gone and quinoa is light and fluffy when stirred. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
    Toss together the quinoa, sweet potato and bell pepper in a large bowl.

In a separate small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and cayenne pepper. Gently toss this dressing with the quinoa. Season with a generous amount of salt and pepper
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Just got some today... looking for more ideas :)
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    The most delicious recipe I've had is also the simplest:

1. Cut medium sweet potato into 8 cubes
    2. Place in boiling water and cook until soft (about 8-10 minutes)
    3. Preheat oven to 400 deg. F
    4. Lay potatoes onto baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper over them.
    5. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes.

ENJOY!