Laziest Halloween Costumes ever

Replies

• myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Hard to say. I'm not much of a costume person, so I generally look for the oddest thing in my closet, wear that, and make up what it's supposed to be on the way to the party.

I always make people guess what my costume is first. If the first person I encounter comes up with a guess I like better, I go with that.
  • When I worked in a hospital lab, I had to wear scrubs so I wore my Halloween Scrub top and pants, took a piece of poster board cut down to the size of a piece of paper, wrote "Clearance Sale, All Halloween Scrubs 50% Off" then pinned it to my top and went as a mannequin for the local Uniform shop
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    When I was prego with number 3 I wore an orange shirt and used black construction paper for eyes and mouth of a jack o lantern. (On my belly :)
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    A friend of mine crumpled up Kleenex and paper, and then attached them all over her clothes. She went out as "white trash". LOL.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    I went as a seal clubber.

I wore my winter hat, boots, jeans and a sweater and bought a few stuffed animal seals from the thrift store and poured red paint all over them, tied them to a rope and borrowed my dad's fish clubber.

It's morbid I know, but it was also the most original costume there.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Laziest for me was when I just wore devil horns with my red scrubs when I worked at an animal hospital. Every year we'd all say we were going to dress up... and every year, I was the only one... or at least the only one who put any kind of effort into it. So that year, I just did the horns.

My favorite easy costume was when I went as 1987 in 2007. I wore clothes I still had from the 80s, including a black micro miniskirt, leggings (which was the only item I had to buy), pink and white layered and scrunched socks, a black and white oversized shirt over a pink tee, pink sunglasses, pink earrings, bright pink lipstick and my hair teased as big as I could make it, pink belt, with my pink suede fringed jacket....

... and there were people asking me why I hadn't dressed.

Welcome to Northeast PA... the Land that Time Forgot where you can wear clothes 20 years past their expiration date and people won't notice.

jacket.jpg

gracie.jpg
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    i dunno about the laziest but this is one of the funniest

FreeMammogram.jpg
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Pulled out a white short-sleeve shirt, black pair of pants, white socks, black shoes from my closet - then broke a plastic hangar in half and inserted the two halves into an old striped tie to have it turn upward - and became Dilbert.

What I didn't anticipate was that most people I knew were not familiar with Dilbert, saw the tie, and thought I was just happy to see them. :ohwell:
  • Was working at CVS one year and we were encouraged to dress up. Less than $8 an hour = no monies for costume. I found a cheap headband with Eeyore ears and fastened his tail from a stuffed animal.

For the customers that didn't know I was Eeyore, I told them I was an *kitten*. :laugh:
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    2 years ago I threw on a strapless mini dress, over size sunglasses, super tall wedge heels & went as Fi from Burn Notice. I said my phone was a detonator and ran around "exploding" things. Except no one at the party watched Burn Notice . :(
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    I put on some devil horns I bought about 10 years ago and goes as horney.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    As a young teenager, was going to go as the Headless Horseman...but on Halloween, couldn't figure out the logistics of how I could see where I was going...so as a Plan B, I went dressed as a genie. More accurately, I dressed as a girl wearing some of my Mom's old clothes...blouse, skirt, heels...and a girl/genie-ish mask. Was so convincing that very few of my friends knew it was me and most everyone didn't even think I was a guy.

Yeah, may or may not still be trying to work through some of that baggage.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    I went in my normal clothes and said I was a homicidal maniac.
  • PhillyTD
    PhillyTD Posts: 375 Member
    I once taped pockets of baby powder under a black shirt, so when you hit them I would be "smoking." I frizzed my hair and made my face look "burnt" with charcoal.

I was post-electrocution Ted Bundy.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,412 Member
    I wore a wife-beater and glued mini-cereal boxes to it. Made slashes in each box and used some fake blood for effect and went as a cereal killer. Plus, I never got hungry at the party.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Put smarties all over my pants and went as a ---wait for it:

smartiepants
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    I once made a last min. costume for a neighborhood boy. I had pillow cases with Chinese symbols on them and i cut it to make to go around his forehead and the other to make a belt. Had him wear all black and used a sword to go with the get up. LOL
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Bathrobe-Boom! Sleepy person.
  • PE teacher.... showed up to work in a baggy t-shirt and sweatpants.

Shadow.... dressed all in black and followed people around all night.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    I wore a wife-beater and glued mini-cereal boxes to it. Made slashes in each box and used some fake blood for effect and went as a cereal killer. Plus, I never got hungry at the party.

I think you're missing the point of the thread. That is both creative and time-consuming. If this is your laziest costume ever, then Hollywood needs you badly.
  • damedame
    damedame Posts: 113 Member
    these are all reminding me of The Office and what Jim went as

cut out 3 black paper circles tape them on to the right front side of your shirt and become 3-hole punch Jim

write book on your face and become Facebook

and get a name tag and write someone else's name
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    I've kids in my class just wear their normal street clothes and claim to be some character from one book or other that just wears regular clothes. Well --- MAYBE --- but I think they just forgot about dress up day-- or didn't want to or couldn't afford a costume-- and are making up creative stories on the spot to try to cover themselves. :o) Cause most characters have a signature look, even in street clothes and there usually isn't much resemblance between the child's outfit of the day and how the character is described. But two points for creative thinking on the spot -- ha ha! :o)

Oh and one year my husband just threw on a bathrobe, grabbed a towel and said he was Arthur Dent. ha ha!
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    i dunno about the laziest but this is one of the funniest

FreeMammogram.jpg

This is brilliant! Haha I love it! :love:
  • I worked for a credit card processing company in their risk management division where there was a particular kind of transaction called a 'chargeback.' Basically a chargeback was when a credit card holder disputed the transaction with their bank and the charge was sent back to the merchant who was usually charged a penalty in addition to the transaction amount. Being that we were on the merchant side of things, and the department I worked in monitored the chargeback activity; it was commonly known as our 'worst nightmare.'

So I got me a green t-shirt (significant of money) and stenciled in red bold letters (significant of being 'in the red') the word 'chargeback' on the shirt. I thought I was pretty clever, but no one else got it. This is when I realized that I could no longer work for that company and went into business for myself! :drinker: :drinker:
  • livaneah
    livaneah Posts: 34 Member
    Hooker.. I just borrowed an outfit from your mom.

• I used to take several kids i babysat trick-or-treating. So one year, I wore a plastic pig nose, my jeans and sneakers, and my Redskins jersey. I was heavier then, so I went as part of the "Hog Line"
  • Jessvaliquette
    Jessvaliquette Posts: 111 Member
    I have red contacts and went to work in regular clothes, i was a vampire, lol,
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    You ought to have told them you were their worst nightmare come to life! :o)

OK --didn't capture which post I was replying to so this is for the "Chargeback" costume poster.
  • livaneah
    livaneah Posts: 34 Member
    Last year i found a t-shirt at a garage sale that read "Budget Ninja" in glow in the dark letters.. pair that with black sweats and BAM **ninja**
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Jeans, boots, cowboy hat = I was a cowgirl.

(I'm Southern, I already have all these things, so that's why it's a lazy/cheap costume.)