I hear they are going to release Insanekitty next month
  • AmbieSweetz
    AmbieSweetz Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Kitty Bootcamp!! :bigsmile:
  • oker673
    oker673 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    So, I thought I would ask people on here for help since this site has been so good to me and helping me lose weight. I decided to make my tabby cat go on a diet because he's 20 lbs, but he just isn't getting it.
    Like, for example, I fed him an egg white omlette with some fruit on the side and he wouldn't eat it. I tried to give him a protein shake for lunch and he just looked at me like a crazy lady. I even tried mixing some whole wheat pasta in to his food and he just ate his regular kibble. It's like he doesn't care that he's fat, wtf?!
    THEN, I put him on the treadmill and he didn't like that. In fact he just started sliding off and meowed at me. I was going to see if he would try a swimming class, but that seemed a bit pricey even for a cat.

Im out of ideas guys, what should I do????

Not sure if you are trying to be serious or not. I find some humor in this. However if you are serious you should know that cats are strict carnivores, who shouldn't eat carbs like fruits and pasta. ( I took an animal nutrition class). Try lowering the amount of food you give him.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    So, I thought I would ask people on here for help since this site has been so good to me and helping me lose weight. I decided to make my tabby cat go on a diet because he's 20 lbs, but he just isn't getting it.
    Like, for example, I fed him an egg white omlette with some fruit on the side and he wouldn't eat it. I tried to give him a protein shake for lunch and he just looked at me like a crazy lady. I even tried mixing some whole wheat pasta in to his food and he just ate his regular kibble. It's like he doesn't care that he's fat, wtf?!
    THEN, I put him on the treadmill and he didn't like that. In fact he just started sliding off and meowed at me. I was going to see if he would try a swimming class, but that seemed a bit pricey even for a cat.

Im out of ideas guys, what should I do????

Not sure if you are trying to be serious or not. I find some humor in this. However if you are serious you should know that cats are strict carnivores, who shouldn't eat carbs like fruits and pasta. ( I took an animal nutrition class). Try lowering the amount of food you give him.
    here we go again...bless your heart :flowerforyou:
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I don't think your cat's weight matters. Have you done his measurements? Personally, as long as he has a thigh gap, I think he's fine.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    So I had the joy of owning a cat who ate every last bit of 7 days worth of food out of his "self" feeder one saturday (I had an overnight trip that got me home late on Sunday night) . I had to feed him a one tablespoon of food in the morning and one at night for a week. He sat on my bed and howled at night, and if I fell asleep he walked right up and swatted my face to wake up.

if they get hungry, they will get active. Trust me.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I don't think your cat's weight matters. Have you done his measurements? Personally, as long as he has a thigh gap, I think he's fine.

Actually the blubber from his gut covers his thighs, so.....
  • GBOGH_5
    GBOGH_5 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    He's probably in starvation mode...you should feed him more.
  • JaneMills0
    JaneMills0 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Not really relevant, but my cat gives pretty solid deep tissue massage. Whether I want it or not.

I find the problem is when she misses the deep tissue and goes for an artery
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    This is my chubster. He said that he feels really fat in this picture and didn't like that I posted it. I was hoping the ridicule you would all provide would motivate him to get healthy now. I'm really worried about him and I think he's got a problem.

EDIT: Clearly his butt is taking up the whole picture, but I guess that makes sense because it can barely fit in the basket anyhow.
    midasbasket.jpg
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You have a redhairedfeline! He and you go together!
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Small size HEFTY bag. Wrap him in that well leaving only his head exposed. Cut openings for legs so he can run. , duct tape it securely. Chase him through the house while wearing a giant rat costume. That should work
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I love this. Thank you for making me smile. :)
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I feel dumb. I came in here prepared to give actual advice because my cat had to go on a diet and we had to increase her exercise.

She's lost 4 pounds, though!
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    HCG diet. Inject that cat night and day!!!!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Have you affixed a laser pointer to the treadmill?

^^^ THIS!

Seriously though. Laser pointers are the best to keep a cat going while they're interested.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: @ a thigh gap
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Clearly you need to take the cat to the pound and get another one.
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Starve the cat for 3 days, it will eat diet food then. And whatever you do, don't buy a stroller for it... make it walk. Strollers encourage laziness... and craziness. The stroller cats are the ones who rip your house & clothing to pieces at night when you're sleeping, in vengeance.