Should I wait another 10/15lbs to wear this outfit?

Options

Replies

• LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    So I expected to come on this thread and find you looking not all that great in an outfit, only to have everyone telling you "wear it!!!" anyway (that's what I usually see around here... people are too nice to be honest, haha).

But in this case, I was wrong! I can seriously say that you look really good and I say go for it!
  • drakechic08
    drakechic08 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wear it. You look awesome!
  • strongnotskinny121
    Options
    Looks good, but if your not comfortable, wait a bit.
  • Jazzyrose77
    Jazzyrose77 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Wear it now. U look cute :)
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Looks good to me. but its all about how you feel in it.

This. If you feel comfortable in it, wear it. If not, wait.

But....

If you're like me, losing the weight doesn't feel real. I picture myself much heavier than I am now - even though I know logically that I'm much smaller. It's hard to transition to different clothing styles if in your mind's eye you still feel too big. What you might want to do is try wearing the outfit in public for just a short amount of time - sort of testing the waters. As you become more comfortable in your own skin, you can wear it for longer periods of time.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I think it looks great!!
  • Girl_Bomb
    Options
    Oh miss thang, you better wear that outfit and strut your stuff, shake that booty and feel FAB-U-LOUS!!!!!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    If you're going to wear boots over the pants, I say super cute. I don't care for where the bottom of pants hit your leg in relation to the length of the shirt. To me, tt makes your legs look very, very short. That's not an issue of weight though, you definitely don't look like you're wearing clothes that are too small.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    wear it! you look hot
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    Looks good to me. but its all about how you feel in it.

This. If you feel comfortable in it, wear it. If not, wait.

But....

If you're like me, losing the weight doesn't feel real. I picture myself much heavier than I am now - even though I know logically that I'm much smaller. It's hard to transition to different clothing styles if in your mind's eye you still feel too big. What you might want to do is try wearing the outfit in public for just a short amount of time - sort of testing the waters. As you become more comfortable in your own skin, you can wear it for longer periods of time.

I struggle with this myself. I swear for all the weight ivr lost you'd think is have so much confidence. Ha.

To the OP, love it, you look so stinking cute in it. Rock it!!
  • madisoneads
    Options
    I say go for it, but I would skip the leggings and go with some heels, will make your legs look SO MUCH longer. Be proud of your accomplishment, stand tall and proud and strut your stuff. Nothing is sexier than confidence!
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    First I'll say, don't buy into the media's portrayal of beauty. Second, many of us men appreciate a woman with good curves JUST as much as we do one with well defined abs or other attributes. You look great! If I saw you out I would likely at least flirt if you weren't with your man and didn't have a wedding ring on!

Congrats...now it's time to flaunt your accomplishments!
  • stephaniemarie416
    Options
    Wear it girl! You look great!
  • Pummelig
    Options
    You look really cute! Wear it!!
  • dharmawrites
    dharmawrites Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You look great. Enjoy your hard work and wear the things you love.
  • Tiffikat
    Options
    huge flowers are tacky and cheap looking

Really? I'm no fashionista so perhaps I'm just clueless, but I was thinking it looked really cute. If I saw you out I would think you looked fun.
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    That's a beautiful top! I say wear it, you look very pretty girl! Be proud of your accomplishments :)
  • MikesterAZ
    MikesterAZ Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wear it with confidence, you look GREAT!!
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Another 10-15 pounds, and you may find it too big. IMO, you look fabulous, flaunt it.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    Uh..."stuffed sausage"??? No. But go with how you feel. If you feel uncomfortable, then you'll look uncomfortable. But in my opinion, I'd say you're rocking it! You look great!