What do you look for in a partner?

Options

Replies

• coullmom
    coullmom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I want someone who has similiar morals. I want honesty, trustworthy and reliable. I also like a man with a sense of humour. We have to be friends, above all else. I haven't had much luck finding someone who has all the things I want. And its not that I am picky but some things are deal breakers!!! I deserve a person who is all of these things and more...I won't settle. I would rather be alone!!
  • NatashaB8
    Options
    Someone who has a sense of humour and can make me laugh, that is one of the most important things.
    Intelligent
    Caring
    Great chemistry
    Does not take themselves too seriously
    Does not get a complex when I wear heels and tower above them!
    My boyfriend is 5'10 and I am 6'0 so when I wear 3 inch heels.. yeah. Luckily he loves having a tall woman!
    Hahaha.

A nice smile always gets me too :)
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Tall, over 6 ft
    Nice head of hair
    Intelligent
    Similar interests
    Sexually compatible
    Genetic predisposition to little body hair

Forgot the most important thing! Good sense of Humor!

Genetic predisposition to little body hair.............wow you'd be the first girl to ever turn me down for a genetic reason. Many many other reasons have been cited over the years, but that's a first for me....
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    unselfishness, warmth, honesty, a love for sports, passionate, versatility, intelligence, humor, inner and outer beauty and she gotta like massages :)
  • 0MissErin0
    0MissErin0 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Intelligence.
    Genuine kind hearted.
    Somewhat introverted geeky types :))))

I'm lucky i found a good looking guy with all of the above <3
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    When I was dating a few years ago I always said I wanted someone with an IQ of at least 130. If he doesn't understand my jokes, it's not gonna work.

So lucky I found a guy who doesn't just know about quarks, but was also very enthousiastic to get into the car with me a drive for about 15 hours to visit the open day at CERN, to go and see the LHC (Large Hadron Collider).
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options

hehehehe ^^^ this one made me giggle ... although I am partial to a bit of body hair.
    Like a manly man, but still has style, can make me laugh and be compassionate and caring. Sexual Compatability is a must obviously ;-)
  • Candyapplebabe
    Candyapplebabe Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Tall, over 6 ft
    Nice head of hair
    Intelligent
    Similar interests
    Sexually compatible

Forgot the most important thing! Good sense of Humor!

Genetic predisposition to little body hair.............wow you'd be the first girl to ever turn me down for a genetic reason. Many many other reasons have been cited over the years, but that's a first for me....

It sure is a tough one! I love a man with a beard and a full head of hair but don't really like a man that must do much grooming for me to see the muscles, tattoos or... other things.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    Physically~Eyes with depth and a smile that can stop my heart ( well not literally, hehe) I do like someone that takes care of themself as well.

Non-physical~ humor, depth, honesty, humility, willingness to work through things and not fly off the handle, someone that is my best friend as well as lover.
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Someone who can make me laugh/knows how to chear me up/ Kind & considerate.

I found my guy and married him 3 weeks ago ! Yey me
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    All the usual stuff, plus they MUST be smarter than me. Otherwise, I can tend to be manipulative. Then I lose interest very quickly.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    If I can tolerate, i can mate.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    A great sense of humor, a calm demeanor, a general respect for living things, and a playful, open-minded outlook.

Oh, and he has to try at least a bite of whatever I cook for him no matter what it is. You cannot say you don't like it until you have tried it.
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Look for? This will probably be just me, but I find this depressing... It's cooler to encounter things you weren't looking for, surprises are good. Plus if you just look for certain things, you get tunnel vision and won't necessarily have a heart open enough to let in someone truly special. I feel like those qualities we can't immediately "see" end up the most valuable.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Look for? This will probably be just me, but I find this depressing... It's cooler to encounter things you weren't looking for, surprises are good. Plus if you just look for certain things, you get tunnel vision and won't necessarily have a heart open enough to let in someone truly special. I feel like those qualities we can't immediately "see" end up the most valuable.

Ditto
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,657 Member
    Options
    Matching tolerance level for dirt and untidiness.
  • Candyapplebabe
    Candyapplebabe Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Ditto

It's just a bit of fun. Most of the people here have found someone they weren't really lookin for. They may not have what they "look for" but are happy just the same. Like me. I just happened upon my husband and I wasn't looking for anything I had listed.
    If that makes any sense... I can't wait to get off shift!
  • Krissyjean72
    Options
    A friend suggested creating a pictureboard and putting it out to the 'Universe' what I wanted. She insisted if I did so, believed and waited, then it would be delivered. Having been single for a long time and had some really crappy relationships, I thought 'what the hell, nothing to lose'

So I created a pictureboard about 'love' last year. Its a small photo frame and inside it I printed off and stuck together all sorts of pictures that signify love and a healthy relationship, from two swans to all sorts of pics of happy couples and beautiful, romantic, lovely things. Around the frame are the words:

Strong, Honest, Romantic
    Growth, Acceptance, Physical Attraction, Intimacy, Communication, Respect and Freedom

I then put it out there that was what I wanted from a relationship/man and was happy to wait. Every day I looked at it and imagined having that relationship in my life. Six months later I met said man.

My partner and I have now been together for over a year and its still absolutely blissful! He is all of the things I asked for and more, our relationship is exactly as desired and its interesting as he would not be a guy I'd normally go for on looks - shaved head, covered in tattoos etc., total opposite of my usual 'type.

So put out there what you want in a relationship - how you want that relationship to be, rather than looks or how you want a person to be - seems the 'Universe' does deliver, it just doesn't always come in the packaging we expect ;-)
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    At least 2 foreign holidays each year.
    4 wheel drive car.
    Unlimited credit cards.
    Cleaner, Gardener and housekeeper.
    6 bed house.
    Plastic surgery(just in case I ever need it)
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Great teeth and a big wang.