Today is anti-bulling day!

Options

Replies

• SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Wait...I'm so confused right now...I thought this post was about bulls!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I remember having to deal with a bully or two in school, I made it through without committing suicide or robbing banks and have grown into a gainfully employed adult with a loving wife and child. While I do not support anyone injuring a child,

sometimes it takes a jerk of a kid to tell you what is blatantly obvious to everyone else except you.

This last part makes no sense to me.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Is that when women seek out a fat guy, you know like when guys go whaling?
    We didn't call it whaling, we called it hoggin'.

I called it a bad night.

Or a bad morning if you made it that far.
  • magj0y
    Options

I called it a bad night.

Or a whole different level in the "walk of shame"
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

I called it a bad night.

Or a whole different level in the "walk of shame"

Would it be a "log of shame" if I logged the calories burned on the "walk of shame?"
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I remember having to deal with a bully or two in school, I made it through without committing suicide or robbing banks and have grown into a gainfully employed adult with a loving wife and child. While I do not support anyone injuring a child,

sometimes it takes a jerk of a kid to tell you what is blatantly obvious to everyone else except you.

Kids aren't afraid to be honest!

In real life, you stand up to bullies. I had a kid in 7th grade tell me that he was going to put me in the trash can after school. I waited for him, but he never showed. I called him out on it in front of class, and the teacher, and he got detention for a week. He never bothered me again.

Bullying doesn't go away just because you think about it for a day. You have to call them out on their B.S. and stand up to them. Self-defense goes a long way. Most bullies are essentially cowards with low self-esteem.
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Why don't we start by not being disrespectful to posters on the MFP forums?
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    All fun and games aside, I was bullied when I was in grade school for being chunky and ugly. So much so that I begged my mom to homeschool me, and wound up dropping out of that in the 8th grade. It took a long time for me to overcome self esteem issues. I worry every day with having a special needs child she'll suffer the same fate as I did.

Oh and p.s.,
    I was the ugly duckling that turned into the beautiful swan. I WIN. ;)

You definitely showed them.

On a side note, I heard punching bulIiEs in the face makes them leave you alone. I'm not sure the same can be said for punching bulls in the face.
  • magj0y
    Options

In real life, you stand up to bullies. I had a kid in 7th grade tell me that he was going to put me in the trash can after school. I waited for him, but he never showed. I called him out on it in front of class, and the teacher, and he got detention for a week. He never bothered me again.

Bullying doesn't go away just because you think about it for a day. You have to call them out on their B.S. and stand up to them. Self-defense goes a long way. Most bullies are essentially cowards with low self-esteem.

That doesn't seem to be what he's implying "Sometimes it takes a jerk..." seems like he's saying, sometimes only a bully will tell you what everyone else thinks.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Why don't we start by not being disrespectful to posters on the MFP forums?

tumblr_m370o2D6nO1qlpopg.gif
  • corn63
    Options

That doesn't seem to be what he's implying "Sometimes it takes a jerk..." seems like he's saying, sometimes only a bully will tell you what everyone else thinks.

Then I guess I'm a bully.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

As long as you're not a bull you're cool in my eyes.... F'n Bulls!!
  • magj0y
    Options

So because everyone thinks someone's fat it's perfectly ok for one person to remind them of that on a daily basis?
  • corn63
    Options

So because everyone thinks someone's fat it's perfectly ok for one person to remind them of that on a daily basis?

I've already walked into this one far enough. Shame on me :) Have a good one!
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options

Without answering either way, perhaps intent\context\setting play a part?
  • betsymichaud12
    Options
    But I like bulls. Not cows.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im a VIP supporter of the Hate the Hate charity in NYC since its inception, which rallies the metal community against bullying and intolerance and does a lot of work with suicide prevention....

so I dont have to follow this no bullying today nonsense, i'll beat up whoever I want to. *smack*
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    19167817.jpg
  • SilasWlf
    Options
    Bully everyone
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I had a bully once. JUST once!

500full.jpg