NSV: Lifting Heavy = New haircut. (Pics!) (106lbs lost)

Options
joyzy
joyzy Posts: 97 Member
Background: 5'8", 32 years old, mom of three kids ages 2, 4, &6. I started cardio in August 2011 at 270lbs. Lost ~75 pounds. Added in strength training in February 2012. Lost another ~30lbs. Hit my current weight of 164lbs, total lost = 106lbs.

Looking to change things up, I started lifting heavy one month ago, at the very beginning of Sept 2012. Now that my neck/shoulders/arms are more defined, I didn't want it it hidden behind my hair anymore. (Ok how vain is this??) So last night I got a new do!

Ok, here is the WAY before... about 270 pounds
photo-93.jpg

The day I started strength training, in Feb 2012, about 195lbs
20120204ARMS.jpg

And today
photo-97.jpg

photo-98.jpg

Here's a before and after of the new hairdo!
photo-99.jpg

I still do daily cardio, mostly running 3-8 miles a day. Then I lift heavy 2-3x/week. It makes me feel SO STRONG!

Thanks for looking!

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!! You deserve to be a little vain, and the new haircut looks really good on you!
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Wow! So inspiring. You look AMAZING!
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Go you! Great hair, great muscles, great transformation! Thanks for sharing!

I just realized... 5'8" and 164 pounds... you are my dream ME! ha! :laugh: Now I *really* thank you for the inspiration!
  • allie864
    Options
    amazing AND beautiful! way to go! :)
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    LOL - I cut my hair once I lost some weight too! Before I was afraid my face would look too round.

You look great!
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    so proud of you my friend! looking amazing!!!!
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    New you, new hair! Congrats, that's pretty darn great! And, you're a great example to your kids too!
    :heart:
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    great job! you look fabulous! like the darker color too :)
  • jennibell81
    Options
    What a great job! You look amazing!!......I would love to start lifting but not sure on where/how to start....any advice??...Oh, I love your new do as well!!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Awesome Joyze! I so wish women would get the "lifting will make you bulky" crap out of their head. You look amazing! I am proud to call you my MFP friend!
  • Armyx2
    Armyx2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Such a flattering style, you look 20! Congrats on all the awesome changes.
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Holy cow you look amazing. I LOVE the hair!!! You look so much younger.
  • Jonese84
    Jonese84 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You look so good!!! You deserve a new hair do.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    RAWR! Strong women are awesome.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Well done you what an awesome weight loss and enjoy your NSV with your new `do` :-)
  • definitelyval
    definitelyval Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey Joy, girl you look awesome! So, when you say HEAVY lifting, can you tell me EXACTLY what you mean? I mean precisely? I'm looking to get some of that tone and definition, and would love to see what's working for you. Thanks!
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! I'm proud of your accomplishment and who doesn't like new hair?!!!!!
  • atlanticgypsy
    atlanticgypsy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    awesome job! I started my strength training around the same time! but I was around 270. now I am in the 190s! I want to continue with the strength training 3x a week and cardio 5x a week 2-4 miles running. also do some long bike rides.

I am having a tougher time staying good with my food lately. what do you eat the most? what has helped you stay the course?

18304147.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • T_X_L
    T_X_L Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    What a great job! You look amazing!!......I would love to start lifting but not sure on where/how to start....any advice??...Oh, I love your new do as well!!

May I suggest: http://www.amazon.com/The-New-Rules-Lifting-Women/dp/1583333398/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1348856823&sr=8-3&keywords=new+rules+of+lifting

http://www.amazon.com/Female-Body-Breakthrough-Revolutionary-Strength-Training/dp/1605296937/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1348856823&sr=8-7&keywords=new+rules+of+lifting

My wife and my trainer is mentored by these guys. My trainer has ladies working with 70 lb. kettlebells. They're strong as hell, and look great doing it! :smokin:

Edit: I'll add when he went to buy the heavy weights from his wholesaler the guy said "I thought you trained mostly women" "I do!" was his reply. :bigsmile:
  • missy0936
    missy0936 Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    This is amazing. Very motivating. Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!