Friday mini rant

Options

Replies

• Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    I think its more a case thar people find it difficult to eat 1200 of foods that now includes salad stuff and steamed vegetables along with everything else that makes up the 1200 calories where before a person was consuming more like 2000 plus calories of more saturated, concentrated foods like chocolate, fatty meats and creams.

Its more that people find it difficult to eat so much low calorie but high in nutrients vegetable bulk and wholegrains.

Why be so harsh on people just because you haven't stepped back to see it from their point of view? Chill out - we are all on our seperate paths and we have to walk our own walk.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    They're not actually "stuffed" at 800 calories.

They're terrified of eating anything that isn't "lite" or "low cal". They're scared of eating real food, and enough of it. When hunger overcomes the fear, the pendulum will swing back the other way.

Hate to say it but I lived through this myself and it sucks.
    Speak for yourself. I've eaten a whole lettuce leaf today and I'm super stuffed. That's really all the food I need. I can't wait to get my It Works! Body Wrap tonight.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I think its more a case thar people find it difficult to eat 1200 of foods that now includes salad stuff and steamed vegetables along with everything else that makes up the 1200 calories where before a person was consuming more like 2000 plus calories of more saturated, concentrated foods like chocolate, fatty meats and creams.

Its more that people find it difficult to eat so much low calorie but high in nutrients vegetable bulk and wholegrains.

Why be so harsh on people just because you haven't stepped back to see it from their point of view? Chill out - we are all on our seperate paths and we have to walk our own walk.

Thisssss
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    My mini rant:

Lose is a different word from loose.

If you lose something you no longer have it.
    If something is loose it needs to be tightened

I need to lose some more pounds and then hopefully my middle age spread won't be quite so loose.
  • brittamh
    brittamh Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Does it annoy anyone else when they see people posting things like "is eating 1200 calories enough...I'm so stuffed everyday I can barely eat it all?" .....like really?? how did you get fat then? Cause I'm pretty sure that if you were only munching down 1200 calories a day you would not be fat...unless of course you only eat cake or something....Idk, just annoys me.

Also who hates ALL exercise?? I hate when people say they can't exercise because they hate it SOOOOO MUCH!!! :sad: I'm pretty sure there are tons of different things you can do for exercise, maybe exercise your brain a little and think outside the box!

I know this stuff shouldn't bother me and I should just let people do and say what they want but whatever...I just had to say it

I have to say not everyone gains weight from eating too much. I counted my calories and ran everyday but despite my efforts I was gaining weight. Come to find out my thyroid was under active. Just saying that we can not always judge people without knowing their full situation.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    my mini rant: i hate when people make forum posts about what they hate that other people do that doesnt effect them

mini rant: I hate it when people make a forum reply about when people make a forum posts about what they hate that other people do that doesn't effect them

I think I love you.

+1
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options

They're terrified of eating anything that isn't "lite" or "low cal". They're scared of eating real food, and enough of it. When hunger overcomes the fear, the pendulum will swing back the other way.

Speak for yourself. I've eaten a whole lettuce leaf today and I'm super stuffed. That's really all the food I need. I can't wait to get my It Works! Body Wrap tonight.

I ate 1/2 a leaf of lettuce and 9 ice cubes
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

Looking forward to dinner! Diet water and a 100-calorie snack pack of oreo dust
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    You can be eating a lot more volume of food with fewer calories overall when you are conscious about what you are eating. Someone posting about being stuffed at 1200 calories may in fact feel very full because he/she is eating fruits, vegetables and lean meats. The same person may have previously eaten double the amount of calories of processed crap food and still felt hungry.

I always find that eating crappy food leaves me hungry for more crappy food and I eat more.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

This thread bringing the lulz, hahahaha
  • lynda155
    lynda155 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yes I got fat cause I USED to eat a lot... but when you start dieting, or counting calories or however you wanna call it, you get used to it and you can barely eat 1200 calories.

I started with this in january, now when i eat 1200 I feel bloated and so full and fat again.

I agree ^^^^^... I average around 1200-1400 calories and often times I feel full or stuffed. I also eat the food I want. For me I believe it also has to do with my increased water intake daily and added exercise as well. I also learned to eat 4-5 times a day in proportion to the two large meals I used to eat. I have also learned to listen to my body, if I am hungry I will eat. I dont believe in starving.

Best of Luck to all and may we all reach our goals!
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    my mini rant: i hate when people make forum posts about what they hate that other people do that doesnt effect them

mini rant: I hate it when people make a forum reply about when people make a forum posts about what they hate that other people do that doesn't effect them

xzibit-happy.jpg

BAHAHA
  • KittieLea
    Options

I ate 1/2 a leaf of lettuce and 9 ice cubes
    9 ice cubes???? You're going to get fat!
  • KittieLea
    Options

If you eat the Oreo dust with a spoon, you eat slower and you feel full faster. So you'll lose more weight.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

If you eat the Oreo dust with a spoon, you eat slower and you feel full faster. So you'll lose more weight.

If you eat it with a fork, some of it will fall between the "cracks" and you'll lose even more weight.
  • KittieLea
    Options

If you eat it with a fork, some of it will fall between the "cracks" and you'll lose even more weight.
    LOL!!! I nearly tinkled!
  • jentarver
    Options

^^ exactly. Get over it and move on with your day.
  • sh4690
    sh4690 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Heres my answer to that question:

Feeling full on 1200 calories, I would agree to this!

If you think about it, I have now replaced most of my meals with fresh veg, making soups etc with them. Instead of processed foods.
    For example here is what I have had today (since my diary is closed)

Breakfast: Branflakes with semi-skimmed milk, topping of strawberries, cup of coffee with milk and 2 sweeteners.
    Lunch: Homemade Vegetable soup, with chicken stock, small grilled chicken breast with sweet and sour sauce for dipping. Cup of green tea with peppermint and 2 sweeteners.
    Dinner: More veg (steamed carrots, asparagus, broccoli and cauliflower), 1/2 tin of tuna with pepper mixed in and 2 teaspoons of mayo.
    Snacks: not had one yet....

yeah it might not be everyones cup of tea what i have eaten today.. but ya know, it's going in my mouth..
    I am done for the day, my body isn't hungry, and I have not hit 1200 cals yet...
    I eat chicken breast like that because I don't like most of the sauces and to be frank can't be arsed making one lol. I eat salad without dressings because erm gross! All I add to most of my food is some pepper, I don't add extra salt because as a child my mum never let us add salt on anything and she never cooked with salt and as an adult I now find the taste disgusting.

Vegetables do not contain a lot of calories and neither does chicken/tuna depending on how the chicken is cooked and how you buy the tuna (I buy tuna in fresh water). I am not going to stuff my face and make my stomach sore just because I never hit 1,200 cals one day when I am totally and completely full.

So yeah, that's how it's possible on my part...

Also don't judge my eating of today, this is not all I eat, I have a very varied diet. This just happens to be what I fancied having.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My mini rant: I shaved my legs, but missed a hair near the back of my knee and it's driving me nuts. :explode:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

I eat my oreo dust with chopsticks.

i_lost_weight_on_the_chopstick_diet_shirt_tshirt-p235685438787620792envm8_400.jpg