I want to eat a cupcake!! :(

Options

Replies

• Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Agreed- have a treat! Skinny Cow has some realllly yummy desserts- not cupcakes but they do have different kinds of chocolates and ice cream. Most are only around 150 cals/serving and the servings are reasonable (not huge of course but not tiny either). They're all packaged in single servings too so you're less likely to eat a whole box. I'm sure there are similar brands too. Weight Watchers has yummy stuff too though I prefer Skinny Cow.
  • Hmmcglothl
    Hmmcglothl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Have one! I had two doughnuts for dinner the other day. Not the best thing to do but I was SERIOUSLY craving and so I had two but didn't eat anything else for dinner. The doughnuts took up all my calories :( But I've been satisfied for a week and my sweet tooth has been under control since. Just don't do it all the time as you still need things with nutrients in them... Occasionally is fine....
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Go get yourself a delicious cupcake with frosting n all and eat it! You will not be successful maintaining a healthy lifestyle if you deny yourself an entire food group(yes, chocolates, cupcakes are a food group in my book :D)...eat one and don't even think about it :)
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I have pizza 2-3 times a month (and leftovers for breakfast too!), wine 3-4 days a week, small amounts of sweets like icecream or a fun sized candy bar 3-4 times a week. Hasn't kept me from losing a bit over a pound a week and which is even harder when you get close to goal. Portion control! Have lighter meals the rest of the day, or work out for the things that you want to eat. Dieting shoudn't be miserable or even uncomfortable. In 65 days, I haven't felt hungry once...
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Do you have a history with binging that would keep you from eating one (ie- eat one and suddenly all the cupcakes have been replaced by empty liners and crumbs)? Do you have room in your day for it? A little splurge once in a while isn't a bad thing and can actually help you keep on track. :)

That said, if this would be the equivalent of "just one drink" for an alcoholic, then find something to do to distract yourself from the craving. Go for a walk, or something. Have something sweetish to see if that staves off your sweet craving. All of our journeys here are different. I'm not battling an addiction, so it's not such a big thing for me. But you might be different.

Cupcake or no cupcake, we're all here for you :heart:
  • postrockandcats
    Options
    PS- For chocolate cravings, I eat a bit of dark chocolate. Single serving Gheridelli 72% squares are grand and they're less than 60 cals a square. They're rich enough to where I don't *want* any more!
  • sonjarogers72
    sonjarogers72 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    EAT IT!! Depriving doesn't do you any good! If I want something, I just have it to keep myself from going overboard!!
  • RougeIllusion
    RougeIllusion Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Eat a cupcake! Life's too short to not have one every now and then!!

Something that works really well for me with cravings is, I'll tell myself to wait two days, if I still have the craving I'll eat it, if it's gone I won't.

Then again sometimes I just stuff it in my face and move on :wink:
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    I am probably going to have one ... I was just more venting... or eat something... I have been decently good today so I have enough calories but yeah a cupcake from the bakery is more in the 400 calorie range I think.
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said, have one. I just came back from a meeting where someone brought in these fancy schmancy doughnuts, I had half of a yummy Reese's PB one.

Everyone's different but I'd be miserable if I started crossing certain foods off my list and I know because I've tried it before when attempting to lose weight and failed horribly.

Enjoy yourself! :)
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Just have one! Enjoy it!
  • littletahoma
    littletahoma Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yeah, just eat the cupcake but make sure you count it into your daily calorie intake. I had a piece of pie last night but it just means I eat a little less of other foods that day. NO big deal. You must focus on the big picture, which it sounds like you are having great results. Stress is worse then anything, the stress you are creating by not eating the cupcake probably will add pounds faster then having the cupcake. Excercise more that day or just eat less of other foods.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Have your (cup)cake & eat it too. If you feel deprived or resentful of your eating habits then it's probably a good time to reevaluate how you're structuring your caloric intake. Make room for little treats and you'll be much happier ... and then you can stop calling it a "diet" and start eating for a healthy LIFE.
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Eat it, enjoy it, savor it and move on! Tomorrow's a new day.
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Split one. Have half today and half later..or give half to a spouse/friend/child....

:-)
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    So.... eat a freaking cupcake and quit dieting. Eat within your cals and all is good... I've not been cranky at all and in fact have been ahppier than ever. I eat enough, I exercise and changes are happening. The only thing I've really changed is portion size and more healthy food...
    ^This!!! :happy:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Then eat one! You realize that if you are to be successful at this whole business you'll have to maintain it for life right? And that by your current logic you'll *never* have a cupcake again?

CAN YOU SUSTAIN A LIFE WITHOUT CUPCAKES?

I didn't think so.

So eat the cupcake, log it, and move on with your day. And your life.
  • postrockandcats
    Options
    I am probably going to have one ... I was just more venting... or eat something... I have been decently good today so I have enough calories but yeah a cupcake from the bakery is more in the 400 calorie range I think.

Awesome!! :happy:

Why not figure out a way to make a healthier cupcake? Maybe do mini angel food cakes. Part of this is changing habits and part of this is learning how to eat again. It's a treat, not a three times a day thing.

Skinny people eat cupcakes so I sure as heck am not ditching them to get skinny :laugh:
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'll have one for you! (no need to thank me, I don't mind)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Run (literally) to the bakery to get the high calorie cupcake and all will be well.