What keeps you going?

13»

Replies

• TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,357 Member
    I can honestly say I have never done Insanity but I have seen 1 of the videos and if that is not a workout, I'd like to know who thinks this because I feel like I've burned a million calories just watching it. I hurt just watching it lol.

Now what keeps me going? In a workout it's just knowing that the results will be well worth the pain of getting there.
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    well, i do most of my workouts at the gym and i know that in the morning (usually around 7) is the best time to go because theres few people there. i know if i leave it til night time i wont so i get up early and go then. i found it got easier after the first couple of weeks i think it became a habit to get up early.
  • I too have those mornings that I don't want to exercise. In fact this morning I was fully dressed and sitting on the couch ready to start my video and thought I am tired I should go back to bed. But I told myself that since I was ready to go that I should just do it. I know for myself that if I wanted until evening I wouldn't do it. By the time I get home from work I am just too tired. My motivation comes from being diabetic and knowing that if I don't keep up what I have started I will be back on my medication. Right now I have a clean bill of health and don't want go back to what I was before. My other motivation is my before pictures. That will never be me again.

I do that too, wake up get dressed sit on the couch and think. "Gosh I'd love to go back to bed" Mine today was, "this bed is so cozy.....Zzzzzz" Lol
    And that is awesome that you achieved you clean bill of health! So many people on here have been able to do that and it is awesome what they achieve!
  • I get my work out where even I can fit it in. If it means running in place for 5 minutes before I empty the dishwasher great. After I am done 5 more minutes of running in place. I make the bed. Then I am on my ball doing 25 sit ups. I walk my daughter to and from school but on certain dyas she needs to get there earlier so I walk to pick her up then we do a walk around the park path. I like to go for a evening walk around 9PM around the Park I am now up to two times. I enjoy the quiet. I actually sleep better at night.
  • I get my work out where even I can fit it in. If it means running in place for 5 minutes before I empty the dishwasher great. After I am done 5 more minutes of running in place. I make the bed. Then I am on my ball doing 25 sit ups. I walk my daughter to and from school but on certain dyas she needs to get there earlier so I walk to pick her up then we do a walk around the park path. I like to go for a evening walk around 9PM around the Park I am now up to two times. I enjoy the quiet. I actually sleep better at night.

That is awesome!
  • Hormone replacement therapy.
  • Hormone Replacement Therapy, the strain Testosterone shots have on my body means I need to keep it working well.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Results are what keep me going. I was fortunate to see results quickly (4 pounds my first week, much of which I know was probably water). Knowing that it's working and seeing how far I've come means "I can't quit now!" Also, when I'm especially tired or whatever and just don't want to go the gym today, I remind myself how little the time committment really is. Spend 45 minutes at the gym or doing nothing on the couch? It's ONLY 45 minutes....
  • My grandchildren keep me going. I look at them or think about them and how I can't wait for them to graduate High school and I want to be alive when that day comes. That's what keeps me going.
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    I wake up before the crack of dawn...4 a.m....lift, come home, get the kids ready for school, then go to work. It's the best time for me to lift because it maximizes my time with my family.